I have a budget VPS at W2 (something like $36/yr) that I use only to run cPanel DNSONLY as a secondary ns for my primary domain.

The setup was quick and the tech support has been acceptable, but in the last month or so I'm constantly getting (a few times per week) load of warnings from cpanel about services failing.

For example, I'll get 10 email at one time about mysql going down or named going down and how the service was attempted to be restarted automagically.

I've discussed it with tech support at W2 and they mentioned it as something on their end that they would fix. Even after the "fix" I'm still having trouble. At one point I asked tech support what the problem on their end was and that part of my question was ignored.

The reason I stay with them is because by the time I have a minute and I check the VPS, usually all seems well.

Practically speaking I do understand that it is a budget VPS. But that being said, if a company can't provide reliable service at $36/year, then IMHO, maybe they shouldn't be offering it. I thought budget was for resource allocation, and not for level of service.

Just my 2 cents.