Hostdime - Almost Excellent (ex-vpslatch customer)

My experience with Hostdime started very very very bad. I used to be a VPSLatch customer and since HD acquired it now I'm with them.

At first my patience was very low, since I opened a ticket with VPSLatch about 1 month ago regarding the I/O problems they have.

HD started to handle it, and they realised it was "unfixable" (nice guess from them) and moved me to other place (won't say where so you don't go and ask them to move you like crazy! hehe).

I was excited with my new VPS but problems started to occur. The problem was they were assigning my ip address to another vps and my customers had other site on their domain. This was crazy and insane and made me open one thread thinking I got hacked in less than 4 hours after the server got setup. The temporally fixed me this issue but after 5 minutes the ip allocation problem happened again. I was very mad at this point, but I got lucky and got my problem solved by Paul, one of the top level sys admins they have. He gave me his word this won't happened again, but due to a miss-understood between other HD's employees this happened again and got my nerves on. At this point most hostings would be running through their back door but they didn't. Paul and Manny (CEO & Founder) talked to me directly on skype and even they gave me their private cell phone. They resolved the issue and never happened again.

I'm happy to give them another oportunity since I really felt they deserved it and they were a promising company. So since that incident I never ever had a problem again. The vps is working excellent and never lagged or down. Uptime is good, and their reliability is acceptable and over the average that I have experienced.

I think they really need to improve their comunnications inside their company so they handle support tickets in a much organized way and also they need to plan better future migrations and acquisitions.

If you think in terms of money, the they have dedicated many hours to me, fixing this and setting up a couple of tools I needed to deploy my web application. This hours costs much more than what I 've pay them, so I really appreciate this and I thinks it is worth to try and to give them a second chance everyone that is having problems with migrations from VPSLatch to Hostdime.

My review so far:

Technical Support: 9/10
    Reliability: 7/10
    Company methodology: 6/10
    Trustworth: 9/10
    Response time: 8/10
    Customer support: 10/10

Recommended!!! Just be a little bit more patient in this transition.

HostDime is a very well-known and great internet hosting solutions provider. I do understand the whole situation with them taking over VPSLatch caused some problems in the change-over because they had to bring in their own team, and also change some of the settings to there setup's and stuff and that takes time but to see that they are getting everything on track is a very good thing. I believe they will do well with VPSLatch if they keep the same settings with it and packages and such and the main business plan of VPSLatch for Managed cPanel VPS Solutions I believe it would be a good addition to HostDime and a very good business move, but if they change it over to there corperate stuff like HDVPS and HostDime itself, I believe they will lose more then they would gain over-all but so far it's nothing like that and I enjoy watching what they do.

Kudos to HostDime,

I have a good friend of mine who works for them and I speak to him all the time he's a good guy, and he's actually one of the guy's they have working over at VPSLatch for tickets and such so I do know VL clients are in good-hands now.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Great review!

HostDime took a brave step taking over VPSLatch and it was never going to be a situation where everything was going to be put right instantly.

And poor old Dennis was the man thrown into the Lion's Den here to deal with the issues. And for what it's worth, I think he's done a great job.

HD have stuck to their game plan as I knew they would, and it looks like things are really shaping up now. Good to see!

Thanks for the review! Im sure this will help many people
    TheHostGuys.co.uk - We price match any UK Based Hosting Business!
    Company Number - 09177361
    VAT Reg No - 195 5495 57
    AS Number - AS201033 (We are a fully registered RIPE LIR)

People have to be patient. Even as soon as the news was announced the prophets of doom were moaning, whining & speculating on all kinds of trouble, before anything was even changed or transferred.

Starting off with that mindset means that if there is the smallest of problems then they blow it up into a major catastrophe.

I accepted the news & thought no more about it. All my stuff was transferred & I didn't even know till I got the email saying so.

solcre,

We appreciate the feedback and constructive criticism. Things are stil being worked on to settle down and appreciate your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    I believe they will do well with VPSLatch if they keep the same settings with it and packages and such and the main business plan of VPSLatch for Managed cPanel VPS Solutions I believe it would be a good addition to HostDime and a very good business move, but if they change it over to there corperate stuff like HDVPS and HostDime itself, I believe they will lose more then they would gain over-all but so far it's nothing like that and I enjoy watching what they do.

FN-Mark,

We appreciate your input and trust. If you don't mind me asking, it is important we do things right, what did you mean by "corperate stuff like HDVPS and HostDime itself" I been noticing more and more now with us acquiring vpslatch that people keep feeling a company our size is intimidating. If you don't mind elaborating on that, it would be useful feedback for us

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    FN-Mark,

We appreciate your input and trust. If you don't mind me asking, it is important we do things right, what did you mean by "corperate stuff like HDVPS and HostDime itself" I been noticing more and more now with us acquiring vpslatch that people keep feeling a company our size is intimidating. If you don't mind elaborating on that, it would be useful feedback for us
    No problem, I didn't mean anything negative about it. I just feel HostDime is more of a bigger, and has its standards for how it ran, and how everything you guy's do, Matches everything else..

I was only stating that I hope you guy's don't turn VL into a HD company, (in the terms of changing the web design, and such everything to how HD looks and your other brands) keeping VL the same brand it was just under new management, and better management I feel would take you guy's up in the market, VL over-all in my eyes is a great company to take over, IF you have the power to do so and get it back on track, and as I can see, you guy's have and it's been doing great.

But overall, Just the fact that VL kinda was a "community" type thing, and HD is more of "Corporate" type thing, More of a Suit & Tie, and how everyone knew the people of VL (Staff and such). Hostdime is more of a real corp. and you wouldn't know exactly or have a friendly relationship with one of the staff members a few of there clients I've spoken to felt with Adam, and a few others. Thats why I hope you guy's keep the VL standards and practices to how it was instead of changing it to make the clients feel more welcome, and cared about as much as they where, and if not more? and don't get me wrong, I love HD also, I actually love the service with you guy's directly, but my whole thing was just about how VL was ran, and wondering what's in-it for the future? A make over.. or lets see

It's kinda hard to word exactly how I mean, but I hope this helps..
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Mark.....your perception of HD is incorrect. They're as far removed from an austere corporate entity as you can get.

They've very relaxed and Manny is probable the most accessible CEO in the industry. In fact I'd imagine at some point in time he's personally communicated with virtually every client they've got.

He's on so many people's IM lists (including mine) I don't know how the hell he manages to have any sort of personal life away from HD! And they're all like that....very open and very accessible.

He is on my contact list also!

I had no problems with HostDime when I signed up for a US VPS with them some months ago. Quick setup, server performance was good, and support was excellent.

I guess they just have a high work load at the moment due to taking on VPSLatch brand.

Quote Originally Posted by solcre View Post
    He is on my contact list also!
    Manny is on Paris Hilton's contact list I heard!