UK WebHost WordPress friendly

Hi

New here and new to running a website! So sorry if this is a really amateur question! :-)

I have a domain name. I also have a WordPress blog/site.

I want the WordPress site to run under my domain name.

however my current web host really doesn't like the WordPress download. Also the mySQL addition they are charging it out of my price range.

The WordPress recommended hosts - with instant WordPress use for your site etc - are all USA based.

Does anyone know of any UK based web hostings that are easy to use with WordPress?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    Does anyone know of any UK based web hostings that are easy to use with WordPress?
    Yes, there are loads... you can check the shared web hosting offers section at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4 just be sure to ask them before you signup with them.

Which host wouldn't allow you to host a simple WordPress site?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

It's not so much they wouldn't allow it but they charge more than I can afford for mySQL and they make the whole Word Press thing very tricky. Whereas some sites just have it as standard on their control panel and you don't have to do a lot of technical stuff!

I'm not lazy I'm just not very technical with web based stuff...

Thanks for info so far everyone

I should also say that I'm Mac based, so need it to be easily controllable from Mac...

It's not so much they wouldn't allow it but they charge more than I can afford for mySQL and they make the whole Word Press thing very tricky. Whereas some sites just have it as standard on their control panel and you don't have to do a lot of technical stuff!

I'm not lazy I'm just not very technical with web based stuff...
    Ok. You can install WordPress using an AutoScript Installer like Softaculous.

Please tell us your budget? Also do you know how much diskspace and bandwidth you will be needing?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

There are a few UK hosting companies that provide 1 click installs or APS (through Parallels) their hosting should provide the ability to literally click and install on your SWH package and you just literally point your domain or even transfer it to them.
    Wahid
    Domains | Web Hosting | SSL | VPS | Dedicated Servers | Cloud and more
    www.123-reg.co.uk | www.webfusion.co.uk/.com/.es

Hi

New here and new to running a website! So sorry if this is a really amateur question! :-)

I have a domain name. I also have a WordPress blog/site.

I want the WordPress site to run under my domain name.

however my current web host really doesn't like the WordPress download. Also the mySQL addition they are charging it out of my price range.

The WordPress recommended hosts - with instant WordPress use for your site etc - are all USA based.

Thanks
    Hi

Have you used a CPanel host before? cpanel is a easy to use control panel and has a addon most hosts use such as

Fantasico
    softaculous

Both of these allow you to install wordpress really easily, softaculous i personally recommend as it can also manage your upgrades too to upgrade it from within softaculous.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Hi guys

Thanks thats really helpful stuff. cPanel I've just been looking into and does look good.

softaculous sounds good. I'll give that a view.

My budget is looowww!!! We are expecting our first child next month so no money spare! At the moment I spend £2.95 a month on it. So wouldn't want to go much more than £5 on the outside. Like most people would say: the cheaper the better.

Thank you for your help so far. There is some good stuff to look into to.

You can find plenty of UK hosting companies that have cPanel and Fantastico / Softaculous just look around the offers section.

Do you know what bandwidth / disk space you are currently using?

how about eukhost? I checked their website and seems good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincxu View Post
    how about eukhost? I checked their website and seems good.
    What seems good exactly? Their design?

Wordpress

Thanks
    Any webhost with mysql and php should be enough for running WP. Installation of WP is quite a breeze.
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops

must be UK based?

Quote Originally Posted by sellingdomains View Post
    must be UK based?
    It would look that way
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

Thanks guys. Some good recommendations here.

I only say UK based because thats where I am and it might be easier to get help etc as I'm a novice at this :-)

As for space needed etc. I don't really know - it will be used for video etc however I plan on merely imbedding Viemo/YouTube videos.

I don't think I'll have much other than pictures uploaded on there.

Maybe in the future this will change but by this point I may have moved on from a Wordpress system.

Thanks for everything so far guys. Enjoying the forum.