LogicBoxes - best registrar platform?

Looking into LogicBoxes for registrar accreditation however wondering if they are the best. Ive sent a contact a few days ago and still no response.

How are their fees, would you say that this platform is the best?

Thanks!

Nope. It's ok for resellers, but I don't like it for end-users. But Chris from NetEarthOne says you can use WHMCS to shield the Control Panel from the end-user. I'd highly recommend you do that (although I've never seen a WHMCS Control Panel).

Having said that, there are a few competitors to LogicBoxes if you are wanting a control panel as a Registrar. You could search these forums or do a google search (because the names escape me). If you are going to do all the paperwork yourself, you might find a suitable control panel on SourceForge. But I don't recommend you doing the paperwork yourself. Somebody like LogicBoxes would know all the wrinkles to registrar accreditation.
    Last edited by stub; 04-21-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    Signature Under Construction.

Another option is openHRS from Tucows. Only details I could find was this kind of old blog post: http://tucowsinc.com/news/2002/08/ho...e-from-tucows/

AFAIK resellone.net (SoftLayer) uses this service. API is also implemented in many hosting shopping cart solutions.

You are probably allready aware of the costs involved in becoming a registrar. From what I've read you can consider it with 5000+ domains.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Active View Post
    Ive sent a contact a few days ago and still no response.
    How are their fees, would you say that this platform is the best?
    If you have been tried to contact them and they are not responding means their services is not good. And therefore you should not take their services.

It is typically recommended to become a registrar with 10k+ domains under management however with the heavy marketing / advertising my business will soon be doing I expect the number to increase dramatically. The costs are hefty however you can tap reseller markets and be in control of the domain operations.

Rebel.com has a lease a registry service for about $2000/month, iirc.
    Signature Under Construction.

see list of registry registrar soln company:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/R...trar_Solutions

Dallas, we've left you 2 emails.

Will be happy to get on a call if needed
    Team LogicBoxes
    Hosting and Domain Registration Automation Solutions

since 21st april issue is discussed in this forum..

@Ashok: Thank you, we are aware.

We were traveling and hence were not able to reply to the inquiry immediately but responded the following Monday.

We posted on this thread for Dallas' convenience as we have not heard back from him and were unsure if he received our response.
    Team LogicBoxes
    Hosting and Domain Registration Automation Solutions

no offense:

i am sure as you said you guys were traveling, however I am also sure that your whole business development team was not traveling… If yes, then you guys need to have proper planning for your travel.

I have seen lot of time about DirectI’s divisions, support process is changed a lot... in beginning it was really customer friendly, now a days it’s not the case…

Even I have referred DirectI's various divisions in some of thread here in past…

Still I am FAN of DirectI's Products… service improvement & friendliness is required…

Been researching companies and been in discussion with logic boxes. It is unclear if we are going to go for becoming a registrar just yet.

I recommend having a look at the registrarOC Product of HEXONET.

Very much leaning towards it, thanks for the heads up.

@resellerid: seems you are using LB platform...what's your experience...

yes, whmcs is the best option for you.
    QUOTE=stub;7407798]Nope. It's ok for resellers, but I don't like it for end-users. But Chris from NetEarthOne says you can use WHMCS to shield the Control Panel from the end-user. I'd highly recommend you do that (although I've never seen a WHMCS Control Panel).

Having said that, there are a few competitors to LogicBoxes if you are wanting a control panel as a Registrar. You could search these forums or do a google search (because the names escape me). If you are going to do all the paperwork yourself, you might find a suitable control panel on SourceForge. But I don't recommend you doing the paperwork yourself. Somebody like LogicBoxes would know all the wrinkles to registrar accreditation.[/QUOTE]