I had a problem. Anyone has dealt with VPS247 before?
I tried to cancel the service on VPS247 as I wasn't quite happy with their SAN speeds and network speeds (PS. network speed may not be fully related since I am in New Zealand) First I thought that it was prepaid serivces (like all hosting sevices) so as I could find nowhere on their control panel for service cancellation, I simply removed my credit card for payments over there and thought the service would be cancelled. After 1 month and a few days, I realized there are another 2 invoices generated. I emailed them and told them the account is not used but then they replied they required 30 days notice for cancellation but in fact I couldn't see this on their t's and c's on the sign-up page.
I think they would try to charge my credit card since I have faxed them the copy of my ID and my card (as I am oversea from UK). So if they do that, do you guys think I could be successful on requesting a charge-back?
I did also reply them to tell my point of view.
VPS247 Terms & Conditions
Where the context admits: "We" refers to M247 Ltd trading as vps247, registered in England & Wales #4968341 at 1 Ball Green, Cobra Court, Stretford, Manchester. M32 0QT. "You" includes the person purchasing the services or any party acting on the customer's instructions. In consideration of the mutual covenants herein, the parties agree to the following, which shall apply during the term of this agreement:
* You will not store on the server any of the following:
* Illegal Material - This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any UK, European or Local regulation.
* Adult Material - Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of vps247. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" information about such material or advertising for such material.
* Warez - Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
* .EXE files - no unsolicited executable files can be stored on the servers for security and satiability reason.
* vps247.com warrants to you that all services provided to you by vps247.com shall be provided with due care and skill.
* vps247.com does not warrant or represent that the services will be uninterrupted, error free or completely secure. To the extent permitted by applicable law vps247 disclaims any and all warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by applicable law all services are provided on an "as is" basis.
* Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
* The supplier's entire liability to you in respect of any breach of his contractual obligations, any breach of warranty, any representation, statement or tortious act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with this agreement shall be limited to the charges levied for the provision of services in the month in which the claimed damage arose.
* THE SUPPLIER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS YOU MAY SUFFER EVEN IF THE LOSS IS REASONABLY FORESEEABLE OR YOU MAY HAVE INFORMED THE SUPPLIER OF THE POSSIBILITY OF YOU INCURRING THE SAME.
* In any event no claim shall be brought unless you have notified us of the claim within 3 months of it arising in writing.
* Notwithstanding anything else in the agreement to the contrary, the maximum aggregate liability of VPS247.com and any of its employees, agents or affiliates under any theory of law (including breach of contract, tort, strict liability and infringement) shall be limited to a payment not to exceed the charge levied for provision of services in the month in which the incident occurred.
* These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time.
We have changed the cancellation policy for lower value services as we deemed it unfair (as of yesterday) and will be adding a canellation button from within the billing system today.
Sorry for the confusion.
I have responded you guys via the ticket.
I do not comment how good or bad your VPS here but if the service was agreed to be cancelled, the second invoice for 20/Apr - 19/May is no longer outstanding.
I will agree to pay partially on your first invoice to cover your cost (being fair, you did provide the service even I didn't need it) although I said I denied to pay in my ticket response.
Leaving the VPS performance alone. In you billing system, customer was unable to cancel the service and may only buy new node(s) but can't delete existing node(s) - Now this is absolutely not right over there. I should not fully undertake the problem of such, resulting an outstanding invoice.
If your might agree for a partial payment for the 1st invoice to settle it (I didn't want to take time and apply credit card chargebacks either), you may reply ticket #121908 or PM me.
Otherwise, I will leave it as is for the credit agencies to decide. It is not entirely my problem obviously.