Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Suggestion for Reseller Providers

If you are serious in building a reputation in hosting industry but you want to start on a small budget...sure! Reseller Account is your best and first option.

I'm sure that you want to start right not by just having a good provider but also on how you will protect your interest. If your intention is to entirely service the non-techie community then this suggestion is not for you and you may already stop reading. However, if you want to cover the spectrum of the entire industry then do you might want to continue reading.

After considering the provider, specs, solutions, cost; let's discuss the brand.

Is your brand really important to you? I'm sure yes because your brand is your reputation. Now ask this to your provider, how will you protect my brand if I get your Reseller plan? Fully, Partially, Or you don't care?

Companies that offer reseller packages more often use a PARTIALLY unbranded solution. They will tell you that you can create your own nameservers. Sure why not and trust me you can also do this in a regular shared hosting (at least to some providers). But are you satisfied with this solution?

If YES...here's what you can expect.

As I mentioned earlier if you intend to cover a variety of clients including Web Designers and Developers then this is what they can actually do before they sign-up to you.

Check your nameservers - domain whois
    Check your nameservers - ip address whois
    Check your dns record - e.g. soa email address, ptr (reverse dns)
    Check your ip using traceroute.

If you only get a PARTIALLY unbranded solution then most likely this prospect of yours will no longer be your client and this person will just sign-up directly to your own provider. In the first place why would I go to the middleman if I can cut him in the process. Trust me I've seen this many times and I just laugh. You are here making effort to develop your reputation and voila! your own provider took the business away from you.

If NO...then the following must at least be covered.

Your domain and nameservers IP must be unbranded.
    Your shared reseller IP must also be unbranded.
    Your dns record:
    - soa email address must be generic
    - ptr (reverse dns), email header must be generic

Some of the providers will agree to this setup but you need to buy the IPs. If that is an option then do you might want to consider that. But its nice if you get a provider that will at least provide an unbranded nameservers IP, so you will only have to spend on 1 IP address which is your shared reseller IP.

------------------

Is this setup available in VPS or Dedicated? Absolutely, but again this suggestion is about choosing the right provider for your reseller account. Which is some how respecting you and has a genuine concern for your growth without him/her taking away your prospect client in the process.

You are a RESELLER...meaning your provider SHOULD NOT compete to you whether direct or indirect. Because if that's the case then what is the purpose of providing a reseller account? Why don't you just get a VPS or Dedicated?

Note:

It's fine to see the name of the datacenter or server managers on the IP whois. At least you are creating some reputation that you own a dedicated server.

However, please avoid those datacenters or server managers that provides the same service. There is no logic if you pay them monthly but at the same time they are your competitor.

Any feedback is welcome, violent reaction, criticism, additional tips
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

You are a RESELLER...meaning your provider SHOULD NOT compete to you whether direct or indirect. Because if that's the case then what is the purpose of providing a reseller account?
    In most industries, being a reseller means you buy in bulk and sell retail, and often you will be competing on some level with the business you're reselling stuff from.

Many reseller hosting users are not resellers at all, or don't care about keeping their upstream provider hidden beyond the obvious stuff like nameservers. They sell to people they know, to web design customers etc., customers who don't know enough about DNS. Even if they do, they don't care enough to look it all up and see who's who's reseller.

But that's just the way I see it, and I'm sometimes told that I can be way too understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    In most industries, being a reseller means you buy in bulk and sell retail, and often you will be competing on some level with the business you're reselling stuff from.

Many reseller hosting users are not resellers at all, or don't care about keeping their upstream provider hidden beyond the obvious stuff like nameservers. They sell to people they know, to web design customers etc., customers who don't know enough about DNS. Even if they do, they don't care enough to look it all up and see who's who's reseller.

But that's just the way I see it, and I'm sometimes told that I can be way too understanding.
    Let's not include other industries as you are aware that I'm pertaining to the reseller providers in WHT who are client of another provider. We can always justify things and feel better to whatever setup we have. But there's also another side wherein...what IF this is available and a lot better.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Hello all, I'm new here in WHT...

Hello Yujin, I'm very interest with this subject/thread.
    I want to ask a question about building small company with small budget, and has own Reseller without any linking to the "root Reseller".
    To get the own reputation as a reseller support, technical, etc.

I've read some offers Reseller with this kind of feature:
    1. Costume Name Servers (NS1.yourdomain, NS2.yourdomain)
    2. Your Name Servers (NS1.yourdomain, NS2.yourdomain)
    3. Private Name Servers
    4. White Label
    5. Anonymous Name Server

The question is, is that all 5 offers is the same?
    And is that all 5 offers can make my own brand enough as own Brand?
    And what is with IP Address? because Dedicated IP is also cost.

Thank you for the explanation.

@jinbatsu

Remember that nameservers and domains rely on IP addresses.
    If you want to have a Fully white-label reseller account.
    Your provider must provide you with the unbranded IP address and domain name.

If you sign-up with them they will provide you with the IP addresses for your nameservers and shared reseller account.

Sometimes they will give you the option of using their own nameservers which is obviously not a good idea even the domain whois is private. But this is still important since they might use this domain to setup your PTR (reverse dns) which is seen in your traceroute, email header and dns record.

Once you receive this information you can check each IP addresses at domaintools.com
    At the bottom part you will see the name of your provider which makes it not fully white label already and this should not be the case.

If this is the case, ask them if you can possibly buy 3 or 2 IPs. It depends on you.
    Actually 2-IPs is ok. 1-IP for the ns1 and your shared IP and the second IP is for your ns2.
    Some provider cover the cost of ns1 and ns2 IPs unbranded and you just have to purchase 1-IP for your shared reseller account.

I indirectly answer your question, since you need to check this for yourself. When you inquire ask them if you can possibly check the setup of their IP. If they give it to you.

Go to domaintools.com and look for the IP whois details.
    On the same website - you will also notice 2 or 3 domains hosted on the same IP.
    Copy the domain name and go to intodns.com and check their DNS record.
    Look for Reverse MX A records (PTR) - you will see a domain here.
    Copy this domain and go back to domaintools.com and check if the whois is private.
    Lastly, do a traceroute with that IP and look if their name will appear on the last value.

Feel free to ask and you're welcome.

Interesting thread. I completely agree that providers that offer reseller hosting should try to be as anonymous as possible. Especially with the obvious things such as host names and dns records.

However, the larger providers will never be THAT anonymous because many will own their own IP space. The IPs of smaller providers will likely show the DC's contact information rather than their own.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by FiberLightning View Post
    However, the larger providers will never be THAT anonymous because many will own their own IP space. The IPs of smaller providers will likely show the DC's contact information rather than their own.

That's correct and that's why I address this in my first post.

Note: It's fine to see the name of the datacenter or server managers on the IP whois. At least you are creating some reputation that you own a dedicated server.

However, please avoid those datacenters or server managers that provides the same service. There is no logic if you pay them monthly but at the same time they are your competitor.
    I will not mention the name but there's one datacenter that I know that I will never use because of this.
    Last edited by Yujin; 04-20-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    That's correct and that's why I address this in my first post.
    I didn't notice that, well that's what I get for not reading thoroughly.

Some of the large companies handle this better than others. JaguarPC for instance brands their IP space under their corporate name. That at least makes it a little less traceable. Although end users could still find the source with some googling.

I think I know what DC you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by FiberLightning View Post
    I think I know what DC you are referring to.
    Pssst...quiet hehehe

Honestly, I don't know if there customers realize this. I mean how will you grow if your prospect will keep going directly to them. Well, not to mention that there resources is a lot bigger to what there reseller can offer.

Let me step in here for a moment and make a point. All of us data centers started out on reseller servers, dedicated servers or colocation 10+ years ago. There were NO providers providing this especially with WHMCS include for $20/month.

Keep in mind, we are all human and all businesses. We have earned the right to put our name on our IP space. It is a milestone and a victory when you get that large you finally are getting allocations from ARIN. This is no different from a reseller moving to a dedicated server and then moving to a colo cage.

If the provider provides custom name servers and private host names, then you should be covered enough that you can add your special sauce to the mix that you grow just like all of us old timers had to.

There seems to be an idea that everything should be provided for free or near free and that type of idea will never allow you to grow past a reseller. We have clients who have ****space type pricing from a decade ago who are happy to pay it because of the service they get with their managed support contracts.

You should focus less on hiding your partner in business and more on how you can bring the best meal to the table that clients cannot resist.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by turnkeyinternet View Post
    Let me step in here for a moment and make a point. All of us data centers started out on reseller servers, dedicated servers or colocation 10+ years ago. There were NO providers providing this especially with WHMCS include for $20/month.

Keep in mind, we are all human and all businesses. We have earned the right to put our name on our IP space. It is a milestone and a victory when you get that large you finally are getting allocations from ARIN. This is no different from a reseller moving to a dedicated server and then moving to a colo cage.

If the provider provides custom name servers and private host names, then you should be covered enough that you can add your special sauce to the mix that you grow just like all of us old timers had to.

There seems to be an idea that everything should be provided for free or near free and that type of idea will never allow you to grow past a reseller. We have clients who have ****space type pricing from a decade ago who are happy to pay it because of the service they get with their managed support contracts.

You should focus less on hiding your partner in business and more on how you can bring the best meal to the table that clients cannot resist.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts but seriously I'm not referring to you just in case I trigger you with my post. There's another one which is a lot prominent than your company.

But now that you join with this discussion and I learned that you have your own datacenter...I want to ask you this question...

If I focus less in hiding you as my provider and I'm a start-up individual. How will you assure that my prospect will not find you if the service that I will be offering is the same service that you can offer with more resources and in a more competitive price?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts but seriously I'm not referring to you just in case I trigger you with my post. There's another one which is a lot prominent than your company.

But now that you join with this discussion and I learned that you have your own datacenter...I want to ask you this question...

If I focus less in hiding you as my provider and I'm a start-up individual. How will you assure that my prospect will not find you if the service that I will be offering is the same service that you can offer with more resources and in a more competitive price?
    For a rate of $85/hour I would be happy to review your business plan and give you some pointers. I can tell you that we have a very small shared hosting market. We do not heavily advertise that anywhere. If you are selling shared hosting, you are not competing with us. If you are trying to resell master and alpha accounts, it will be tough to compete, there is no doubt about that; however, that is where it also comes to you finding a niche you can bring addition benefit to the table. With VPSes & Dedicated servers we offer up a reseller program so you can let everyone know you are with us and still make a cut.

From our online sales standpoint, we are very much so focused on resellers. We can accomplish 1000x more with an active reseller base than a whole sales team. That is exactly why we loaded the packages up for resellers is so they could focus less on competing with us and focus more on competing with everyone else. We are such a small percentage of the overall sales market. Your own data center is the least of your worries.
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS

For a rate of $85/hour I would be happy to review your business plan and give you some pointers. I can tell you that we have a very small shared hosting market. We do not heavily advertise that anywhere. If you are selling shared hosting, you are not competing with us. If you are trying to resell master and alpha accounts, it will be tough to compete, there is no doubt about that; however, that is where it also comes to you finding a niche you can bring addition benefit to the table. With VPSes & Dedicated servers we offer up a reseller program so you can let everyone know you are with us and still make a cut.

From our online sales standpoint, we are very much so focused on resellers. We can accomplish 1000x more with an active reseller base than a whole sales team. That is exactly why we loaded the packages up for resellers is so they could focus less on competing with us and focus more on competing with everyone else. We are such a small percentage of the overall sales market. Your own data center is the least of your worries.
    There's no business plan that requires your service as I'm utilizing a provider who understand this matter. The only concerns I have is every time I visit the Reseller section and found newbies reselling for their providers and the providers offers the same exact services, that's ridiculous and completely inappropriate ESPECIALLY if there's no hiding of brand.

That very small shared hosting market that you mentioned are the small clientele that might already sign-up to one of your client. But hey! they found you so why will I go to Mr. John Doe Middleman if I can go directly to you? Do you see the point?

If your company is SOMEHOW concern with your clients then why you didn't rebrand some of your services and instead retain Turnkey Internet as the datacenter who provides Dedicated servers, Colocation etc.. rather than you are offering the entire services relating to hosting business (which is fine if you re-brand them).

You're like a heavyweight who still fighting on the bantamweight.
    Last edited by Yujin; 04-20-2011 at 04:51 PM.

There's no business plan that requires your service as I'm utilizing a provider who understand this matter. The only concerns I have is every time I visit the Reseller section and found newbies reselling for their providers and the providers offers the same exact services, that's ridiculous and completely inappropriate ESPECIALLY if there's no hiding of brand.

That very small shared hosting market that you mentioned are the small clientele that might already sign-up to one of your client. But hey! they found you so why will I go to Mr. John Doe Middleman if I can go directly to you? Do you see the point?

If your company is SOMEHOW concern with your clients then why you didn't rebrand some of your services and instead retain Turnkey Internet as the datacenter who provides Dedicated servers, Colocation etc.. rather than you are offering the entire services relating to hosting business (which is fine if you re-brand them).

You're like a heavyweight who still fighting on the bantamweight.
    Each business has the choice to create a product offering best suited for their target market. The data center built a package (like our product development team did here) and the resellers who purchase it decided to sell the same product. That was the choice of the reseller not the data center. Like Dan mentioned above, a reseller is intended to buy in bulk and add value. Some choose to add value to their clients are are vary successful. Others choose not to and maybe do ok or fail.

We did not rebrand our network or our IP space because we own it and we are responsible for it. We spent the tens of millions of dollars and the years of sweat and labor to be able to call the building we reside in, the servers we sell and the network we provide our own.

The point that I tried to make before and continue to try to make is, the way your business or any business is going to win in life is by being unique and by bringing to the table something your own provider and your competition does not.

How did Host Gator & Site5 make it when they are reselling dedicated servers from the planet? After all the company was started as a single person answering the phone in his basement.

How does 100 TB compete against SoftLayer when they are reselling the same exact service? 100 TB is proud to promote they resell SoftLayer servers.

All these companies have brought something unique to the table that no one else in the industry was doing. They had their data centers out in the open and they still grew huge. As I stated before, when they did it, they did not have the option for private labeled name servers, host names and IP spaces. Pentium IV were the hot thing for $800/month at budget providers.

Each business has the choice to create a product offering best suited for their target market. The data center built a package (like our product development team did here) and the resellers who purchase it decided to sell the same product. That was the choice of the reseller not the data center. Like Dan mentioned above, a reseller is intended to buy in bulk and add value. Some choose to add value to their clients are are vary successful. Others choose not to and maybe do ok or fail.

We did not rebrand our network or our IP space because we own it and we are responsible for it. We spent the tens of millions of dollars and the years of sweat and labor to be able to call the building we reside in, the servers we sell and the network we provide our own.

The point that I tried to make before and continue to try to make is, the way your business or any business is going to win in life is by being unique and by bringing to the table something your own provider and your competition does not.

How did Host Gator & Site5 make it when they are reselling dedicated servers from the planet? After all the company was started as a single person answering the phone in his basement.

How does 100 TB compete against SoftLayer when they are reselling the same exact service? 100 TB is proud to promote they resell SoftLayer servers.

All these companies have brought something unique to the table that no one else in the industry was doing. They had their data centers out in the open and they still grew huge. As I stated before, when they did it, they did not have the option for private labeled name servers, host names and IP spaces. Pentium IV were the hot thing for $800/month at budget providers.

Hostgator/ASO and Site5 offers services from Softlayer or maybe other datacenter who do not sell shared/reseller hosting. Same thing with 100TB who only provides Dedicated.

Your comparison with these companies is completely different to what Turnkey is doing. I WILL EMPHASIZE YOU ARE DATACENTER who offers shared/reseller/vps/dedicated/plus other extra services. Hello?! You took everything and again that is fine. But I hope you AT LEAST create another brand for shared/reseller/vps and other extra services and maintain Turnkey's image as the datecenter and dedicated provider alone.

Imagine...my datacenter is providing everything from the smallest profit to the biggest. Why would I get your service if you will become my competitor? All the companies that you example brought something unique on the table and that is true because their provider Softlayer is not offering a shared/reseller hosting or SSL certificate or Email Hosting. Or maybe yes, but Softlayer has the decency to create another brand (speculate).

It's like hiring a salesman and you require your salesman to pay you monthly.

Ah Thank God! I found a new provider in the reseller section who understand the idea of this thread. Thank you that you understand this concept. You know who you are and I wish that you get many clients.

The last time I checked, SoftLayer sold Cloud Hosting & Dedicated Servers. HostGator, ASO, 100 TB & Site5 all sell dedicated servers and cloud hosting. It is the same principal. The only difference is 100 TB did not ask Softlayer to toss out hundreds of millions of dollars in cost and rebrand their network.

Your whole idea is like us selling CDN service through Level 3 and then me calling up my Level 3 sales rep and asking him to rename every POP they have and their IP addresses because my CDN customer might find them and go directly to them. My Level 3 rep would hang up the phone on me because they are not going to private brand their network and data centers that they have invested billions in this case on to sell a customer a couple thousand dollar account.

Your sales rep analogy does not make any sense in this conversation. You are not selling for us, you are selling for you. If you load up 100 accounts at $2.95 per month, you make $295/month and pay us $20/month. You are buying raw materials from the data center to mold your product into a product offering for your customers.

I know you dismiss anything that is not hosting related; however, in the cosmetology field most cosmetologist have to rent their chair just like resellers rent their raw resources. Cosmetologist not only have to compete with the other folks in their own salon for clients; however, they also have to compete with the other salons too. They to have an industry that is very competitive. The only difference is, each cosmetologist brings their own experience and style to the plate. They do not ask for the salon to rename the salon after them so they can look bigger than what they are. They shut up and go to work styling and cutting to make crap wages and deal with drama all day long.

I understand your success as a company, good for you. This was more an issue of providers that poison/cannibalize their own supply chain. There isn't a right or wrong way to build your business, and your company (and the even larger providers here on WHT) obviously is doing a lot of things right and at a higher level then most.

Hosting is a business that is essentially a vertical ladder from the end users perspective -- Data Center / Dedicated Server Provider >> VPS >> Reseller >> Shared. I agree with the OP that if you're at the top of the ladder (a data center, or serious dedicated server provider), you should try to cannibalize your supply chain as little as possible.

Most DC providers already know this and operate with this in mind. There are a few that don't, and those are the subject of this thread. When you look at SoftLayer, ThePlanet, LayeredTech, Hivelocity (I know, there are many larger DCs/Dedicated server providers around, but these came to the top of my mind) what you see is businesses that focus on the top rung of the ladder because they understand that doing more than that would damage/compete with their primary clientele. Do they offer VPS or Reseller Hosting Services under a different brand? Probably, I don't know. But the point is neither does anybody else.

The OP wasn't saying that dedicated server providers should not compete in the rest of the market. We just think better separation would be a smart move for everyone involved.

The last time I checked, SoftLayer sold Cloud Hosting & Dedicated Servers. HostGator, ASO, 100 TB & Site5 all sell dedicated servers and cloud hosting. It is the same principal. The only difference is 100 TB did not ask Softlayer to toss out hundreds of millions of dollars in cost and rebrand their network.

Your whole idea is like us selling CDN service through Level 3 and then me calling up my Level 3 sales rep and asking him to rename every POP they have and their IP addresses because my CDN customer might find them and go directly to them. My Level 3 rep would hang up the phone on me because they are not going to private brand their network and data centers that they have invested billions in this case on to sell a customer a couple thousand dollar account.

Your sales rep analogy does not make any sense in this conversation. You are not selling for us, you are selling for you. If you load up 100 accounts at $2.95 per month, you make $295/month and pay us $20/month. You are buying raw materials from the data center to mold your product into a product offering for your customers.

I know you dismiss anything that is not hosting related; however, in the cosmetology field most cosmetologist have to rent their chair just like resellers rent their raw resources. Cosmetologist not only have to compete with the other folks in their own salon for clients; however, they also have to compete with the other salons too. They to have an industry that is very competitive. The only difference is, each cosmetologist brings their own experience and style to the plate. They do not ask for the salon to rename the salon after them so they can look bigger than what they are. They shut up and go to work styling and cutting to make crap wages and deal with drama all day long.
    It is a common sense and natural instinct of every smart people to go to the source unless there's a big reason why they have to use a middleman. They will go the middleman because they do not know who the source is or they need someone to help them for a while. But after they learned the ways they will go to the source and compete EFFICIENTLY.

Also, how sure are you that the 100 accounts will sign-up to the reseller after they found you? There's no assurance right? So, you cannot guarantee the amount of profit?

Have you tried purchasing directly to the factory? I did and there's big difference in price if I buy it to the mall stand. If I KNOW that I can go the source why will I have to go the mall and get my favorite brand of shirt.

I still stand that you should not compete whether direct or indirect to your own client. Because if that's the case then why don't we just scrap the idea of Reseller Hosting and let's just do the VPS and Dedicated. At least, we can guarantee that the prospect of this newbie will only see the datacenter who do not sell shared hosting.

Great thread for newbies. Nice job!

This was bought up a few months ago. It definitely helps users out that are new to Reseller hosting.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

A very interesting thread.....but how many shared hosting customers really check the source of a reseller account?

As long as the offers fit into their budget and the website looks professional and trustworthy, most customers don't care - in my opinion.

TomTomson

Quote Originally Posted by TomTomson View Post
    A very interesting thread.....but how many shared hosting customers really check the source of a reseller account?

As long as the offers fit into their budget and the website looks professional and trustworthy, most customers don't care - in my opinion.

TomTomson

Its not how many customers; who are your customers is the right question.
    As I mentioned on the 1st page - if your target clientele are non-techie then this topic is not for you. But if you intend to expand your client base then that's a different ball game. Also, this is not important if you have no interest of building your own reputation.

Our biggest problem with people reselling our dedicated servers is our super low pricing to the rest of the world , so what we try to help our resellers do is fill a niche that we don't currently fill. Often times we will allow resellers to offer different configurations , that include upgrades and options we wont offer at the lower pricing , or we will offer resellers free managed services to their client base.

Since we don't do 100TB we would love to have a reseller doing it on our network , as well we don't do shared unmetered bandwidth options only dedicated committed unmetered. we are certainly looking to be able to compete in different market spaces so if you have an idea for a niche you would like to fill please feel free to contact me via PM or IM , I would be glad to discuss the possibilities. I will list a few niches we are looking for resellers to fill

100TB offerings > would take some commitment from the reseller to do this as they would need their own rack with their own gigabit switch.

Shared Unmetered Bandwidth > would take a similar setup to the 100TB approach.

Shared Cloud , Cloud enabled dedicated , and Managed Private Cloud > again this is not something you would be able to invest $75 for the first server and expect to be in business.

We are also open to other ideas as there are so many niches we have the capabilities to hit , we just are not interested in offering everything directly we have always been good at dealing with resellers and we love to deal through that channel , so hit me up with your IDEA.

Additionally we are opening 2 new Data Centers in 2 new Cities they will be in Atlanta and Los Angles and this should be complete within 30-45 days all of our 3 data-centers will be connected via a 10G Layer 2 connection , and we will be adding 3 additional Tier 1 networks to our MIX ,but also at least 120 more private peering arrangements.

We also have some of the most aggressive Layer 3 IP pricing on the net , many of our resellers we used to buy from are now asking to buy from us , so we have been considering offering Wholesale IP Transit , along with virtual peering connections , and co-location in multiple cities , so if being a bandwidth broker is something that interests you please contact me.

Enough for now lets me know of any other scenarios you might have in mind.
    Last edited by ceridius; 04-21-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    Our biggest problem with people reselling our dedicated servers is our super low pricing to the rest of the world , so what we try to help our resellers do is fill a niche that we don't currently fill. Often times we will allow resellers to offer different configurations , that include upgrades and options we wont offer at the lower pricing , or we will offer resellers free managed services to their client base.

Since we don't do 100TB we would love to have a reseller doing it on our network , as well we don't do shared unmetered bandwidth options only dedicated committed unmetered. we are certainly looking to be able to compete in different market spaces so if you have an idea for a niche you would like to fill please feel free to contact me via PM or IM , I would be glad to discuss the possibilities. I will list a few niches we are looking for resellers to fill

100TB offerings > would take some commitment from the reseller to do this as they would need their own rack with their own gigabit switch.

Shared Unmetered Bandwidth > would take a similar setup to the 100TB approach.

Shared Cloud , Cloud enabled dedicated , and Managed Private Cloud > again this is not something you would be able to invest $75 for the first server and expect to be in business.

We are also open to other ideas as there are so many niches we have the capabilities to hit , we just are not interested in offering everything directly we have always been good at dealing with resellers and we love to deal through that channel , so hit me up with your IDEA.

Additionally we are opening 2 new Data Centers in 2 new Cities they will be in Atlanta and Los Angles and this should be complete within 30-45 days all of our 3 data-centers will be connected via a 10G Layer 2 connection , and we will be adding 3 additional Tier 1 networks to our MIX ,but also at least 120 more private peering arrangements.

We also have some of the most aggressive Layer 3 IP pricing on the net , many of our resellers we used to buy from are now asking to buy from us , so we have been considering offering Wholesale IP Transit , along with virtual peering connections , and co-location in multiple cities , so if being a bandwidth broker is something that interests you please contact me.

Enough for now lets me know of any other scenarios you might have in mind.
    @HiVelocity, I don't think you read the thread properly. OP was on about what Resellers can do to try to hide who their upstream provider is.

Some users don't care for the reasons lcdc mentioned, and some users don't even know if its possible to hide such info.

OP was telling those that do care how to go about it.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast