Thread: IDX/MLS hosting

Question IDX/MLS hosting

Hello,

I am wondering if I can get some information regarding the ability to offer IDX/MLS hosting.

What I am looking for is preferably a php/mysql script that will do a wget and download the mls db file using crontab and then a script that will the read data file and import into mysql database. Also a user friendly interface which can be incorporated into an existing web site to display the property listings.

I have seen a number of hosts which offer this service but have not been able to track down a solution.

I happen to find this a few minutes ago which is the idea of what I'm looking for:

http://wa.mlspin.com/

Something that once installed on the site would only need the realtors account info entered into a config file which would allow connecting to the mls data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

<<MOD NOTE: Thread gets locked/tossed if bumped again>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 01-18-2003 at 03:54 PM.

We've created these types of solutions in the past. Although we don't have a set software system in place, we have created programs/scripts that automatically update a client's site using the IDX information for each property type. Right now, it's all custom work because of the different IDX standards with each of our clients.
    Last edited by Chicken; 01-18-2003 at 03:52 PM.
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

And for the record, any hosting with the prereqs will do.

10$ at phpwebhosting.com.
    Promethyl Corporate.
    Webhosting and Development.
    http://promethyl.com/

custom realtor mls solutions

I worked out a solution to this problem. I collaborated with a programmer in Belgium named andries seutens to develop a php script to download the mls (RMLS) data into a MySQL Database daily on my server to update the current listing info in the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Midwest region. We have implemented easy to use template engines such as smarty and templatePower so the html is easily modified without affecting the scripts themselves. I know this post is old. I assume you found a solution by now.

I can now easily create websites and manipulate the php scripts to do MLS searches, based on Price, Style, Bathrooms, Bedrooms, etc..... This works for Residential, Commercial, and Lots and Lands properties. I also modified my script to be able to search and filter out only condos/townhomes, lakefront/riverfront properties, and farm /agricultural properties.

Another neat thing I did was to create a featured homes page so that it pulls only the realtors listings by his Realtor number

Of course I added forms to go with these scripts, so when a user finds a home in the search he can contact the realtor and the realtor instantly knows the mls number of the property the user was viewing when he clicked the contact button. And I also incorporated yahoo maps into the search to find the property and get directions, and not to mention a mortgage calculator.

Lots of work but worth it in the end. Anyways i just wanted to list the possibilities that can be achieved. I know because I have implemented them already. I download the mls data in a roughly 20 mb text file from http://www.northstarmls.com . I run a script to automate the download of this file, then the script inserts the data from this file into the MySQL Database exactly as it is in the text file tab seperated. There are over 130 columns if I am not mistaken. That means there is over 130 searchable catagories :p
    Last edited by agweb; 01-28-2006 at 09:07 PM. Reason: messed up something

Only about three years after the rest of us, but it's good information to have.
    Promethyl Corporate.

Ya I wish I was there during the golden age of this stuff. Im sure you made a killing being one of the first to provide MLS/IDX solutions. Do you have any idea where I can advertise these services? Oh BTW I get a list of well over 5000 local realtors for my area on the ftp with phone numbers address's etc... but its too much work to cold call.

I cant seem to figure out a good way to market this ability.

Getting the word out is half of it.

I always leave my information on the bottom of all the IDXes I do.

Beyond that, word of mouth. Realtors won't let others in the same area know, but they'll discuss it with out-of-state realtors.

Promethyl Corporate.