Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fantastico or softaculous or Installatron ?

Hi,

Fantastico or softaculous or Installatron,

do you recommend which one ?

or do you have any other recommend ?

thanx

My vote for Softaculous

As it stands now, it seams like Softaculous is offering the most for the best deal.I would vote for them as well.

Softaculous for sure.
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

I too use and recommend Softaculous

can i ask the reason(s) you concern/recommended ? thanx

I prefer Softaculous because it is much more easier to use and has a lot more scripts than the others. And its cheap too
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

Softaculous is better

I'd say we hear the best feedback on Softaculous and don't see any problems with it.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 18 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Yeah no problems and in other words it has no issues when compared with the Fantastico as sometimes it just refuses to go with some 3rd party s/w.

for Softaculous,do you use free version or charged ? thanx

I liked Softaculous - it's faster, easier to configure, and more bang for your buck.
    Jen Lepp
    “Customer service represents the heart of a brand in the hearts of its customers.” – Kate Nasser

with Softaculous,if user install certain script(ex:phpbb),it Softaculous auto generate a mysql database/user within the account ? or it is created within server side,instead of account? thanx

Quote Originally Posted by ttgt View Post
    with Softaculous,if user install certain script(ex:phpbb),it Softaculous auto generate a mysql database/user within the account ? or it is created within server side,instead of account? thanx
    It is created within the account, like any other database your hosting customer would create.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

because long time ago,im not sure i use which one installer,it will not count the database within account aside. thanx

If you are using cPanel, that is not a problem. The database used will be created inside the cPanel account and will be counted.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

ofcourse softaculous which is the most update now compare to the fantastico. Lot of fantastico free software do not update. Most of the hosting company now will come out with softaculous bundle with cpanel together. It provide more choice and more update.

I offer Fantastico and Installatron but I really wish I could offer Softaculous as an option. It seems to be the best of the 3.
    Energized I.T. Web Hosting
    Hosting | Template Customization | Domain Names
    Ministry Web Hosting

I prefer Installatron bacause it's more customizable.

Another thumbs up for Softaculous!

Softaculous is the better option, because it has easy to install softwares and has more than 180 latest updated softwares. Many hosting companies prefer softaculous for their clients.

I haven't used the one everyone is recommending here, but not-so-fantastico is sorry soggy software compared to Installatron. At least with the hosts I use, hostpc and HG, Installatron has about 6 more forum choices.

It will also do a one click forum back up or restore right on the host. I was a bit surprised after hearing so much about fantastico that it couldn't do that. I checked with HG and they said that wasn't available with Quickinstall either.

And on top of that, fantastico screwed up one thing that couldn't be changed after the forum install. I had gone through about an hour and a half of setting up my forum preferences before I noticed that. Time totally down the drain.

I reported it as a bug to HG and they took longer than usual to get back to me, so maybe they checked it out thoroughly. But when they did get back, they said they had reported it as a bug to fantastico. I did a quick instal of a SMF forum about a month later and it still had the same bug. It only took about 2 minutes to check when I went straight to the problem.
    That was a lot of typing. I'm going to run back to the office, slam the door, and pour a double brandy.

Microwave popcorn in a brown paper bag. It's cheaper, healthier, and it tastes better.

My control panel offers both Installatron and Softaculous. I find Installatron is easy to use. I recommend it to anyone just getting started.

+1 for softaculous, but i also use fantastico for user who familiar with fantastico.

I personally use both Fantistico and Paid Softaculous, Softy is amazing.

The thing I appreciate most about Installatron is that it lets you back the installed software up with a click. If you have a busy forum you can back it up every night.

Then if something goes wrong and you do need to restore a back up, that just takes a click too. Does Softy do that? Fantastico and Quickinstal in cpanel don't.

What is so good about it anyway? I only instal forums and joomla, but those are always the current versions. Being up to date is never a problem that I've known of.
    Last edited by closed office; 05-08-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    That was a lot of typing. I'm going to run back to the office, slam the door, and pour a double brandy.

Microwave popcorn in a brown paper bag. It's cheaper, healthier, and it tastes better.

Another vote for Softaculous.

I use tandem of Fantastico and Softaculous. Nice couple
    Dhanank
    PERDHANAHOST Webhosting Services - Low cost business-ready webhosting services
    Shared Hosting - Reseller & Master Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting

Fantastico!! of course if you would like to have stable, working installations. Softaculous has more items, but a lot of them do not working fine.

use softaculous. Definitely the best out of the three.

Another vote for Softaculous from here aswell.

They also have a decent NOC Programme which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Another vote for Softaculous from here aswell.

They also have a decent NOC Programme which is a bonus.
    What's a NOC program?

Quote Originally Posted by closed office View Post
    What's a NOC program?
    NOC = Network Operations Center

http://www.softaculous.com/NOCs

Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    NOC = Network Operations Center

http://www.softaculous.com/NOCs
    We put in for the other day.

Edit: You can view a lot of the providers using Softaculous at http://www.softaculous.com/NOC_Partners

I use Installatron and use it mainly to install WP. Works like a dream.
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

We installed Softaculous on our shared servers a couple weeks ago. Gotten a lot of positive feedback on it.

Did away with fantastico last week.

At $25/yr/server...great price.

Another vote for Softaculous here, we used to use Fantastico but we found Softaculous offered more scripts, with faster releases on updates. Decent support and a generally very positive user experience.

Thanks for the info SLDHosting.

Softaculous have lots of scripts and they are making more, so my vote goes to Softaculous.

If you only want to get something installed automatically, there's no much comparison among the three, personally, softaculous is better since it will notify with new version update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast