Thread: Curlhost Review

Curlhost Review

I had a Curlhost 512 mb Xen at Scranton Volumedrive for 3 months.

Rating: 4.5/5

• No problems on their end
      (multiple connection drops because of Volumedrive)
    • Decent performance
      30-50 mb/s disk speed. 2-4 cores of a Athlon II X4 630

• It was hosted at Volumedrive which had multiple connection drops.
      Outages: Jan 28, Jan 29, Jan 30, Jan 31, Feb 23, Mar 29, April 3, April 7, April 13
    • Website is broken and has been broken for a long time.
    • Support takes 30 minutes to 12 hours

The host was great. The only real problem was that it was hosted at Volumedrive which had network hiccups. But being hosted at Volumedrive is probably how they keep the costs down.

One or two of these could have been related to recent network upgrades which have brought more capacity and redundancy to our network. If for any reason you are seeing a sporadic connection issue, please have your host contact us so we can look into the issue.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]

Thanks for the fair review. We've always been trying to provide a stable, decent service on top of anything else and seems we're heading in right direction.

Yes there have been few issues with the network within Volumedrive but I know Josh and his team is working hard to keep the network stable and smooth. They've grown a lot recently which forced them to upgrade parts of it couple of times. If there are any further issues I'll contact you VD.

The website, yes, has been broekn for long time now. It's been in the "to-do" list for a few months now but for some reason or the other it's just not being updated. I'll get it done myself now though.
    CurlHost - Affordable VPS/Dedicated Servers!
    Multiple Locations! We're right beside you!