* | Review

So here's my input on the Server Stadium hosting service.

About a 3 months ago, I decided to start a Minecraft server. Over the course of time I learned more and more as the server grew larger. After that, I was forced to move off of my home connection and onto a VPS, which was provided by GoDaddy. Of course, GoDaddy isn't exactly cheap, and for 2 gigs of ram on that VPS I had to pay 40 dollars a month.

Needless to say, I spent 1 month on that plan, and wanted to find a new server that was more affordable and could actually perform what I wanted it to do.

That's when I came across ServerStadium, from these forums.

I saw their deal for a Core 2 Duo server, with a whopping 8 gigs of ram for only 50 dollars a month, and best of all there was no setup fee. Who could believe that?

As I knew that a deal like this would be too good to be true, I decided to do some digging.

I found a thread via googling on these forums, (I'm not going to link, it's complete trash) that said that they had their server shut down and their server was in the same configuration as the one I was going to get. This influenced my decision in a little bit, but as I came back with my measly amount of donations, I decided to actually purchase the server.

I had purchased the server on a Saturday morning, and I was expecting it to be set up on Tuesday, after processing was done. Low and behold, it was set up on Monday, ahead of my schedule.

The network latency and etc. was great and the server was very responsive to what I told it to do. I immediately installed WebMin and saw a true 8 gigs of ram with the guaranteed processor. Also, they had configured LVM for me, so I had a grand total of 430 gigs of available space.

It's been a month and I just renewed my service with them. They're great guys and are very responsive. Not to mention, they are a sub company of *******, who is established in the hosting industry already.

I have just placed an order for my second server with them, and look forward to a long term commitment with them.

I absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for budget dedicated hosting!

That's nice you have found the right company for your needs.

Yeah, they've been perfect for my server

Makes obtaining donations a LOT less stressful