Low Spec/Budget Dedicated Needed

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any low spec/budget dedicated server providers? We intend to use them for things like off-site backups, dedicated nameservers, etc.

EDIT: Specification wise, we're looking for something like a dual core with 2GB RAM. Ideally for less than $100/month.

We've been using Joes Datacenter for some time, but we're honestly not happy with the reliability. We see/detect frequent downtime a few times a month.

I've used FDC servers for most of my budget stuff. They have a backup server special going for $40 with some ridiculous amount of inbound bandwidth.

Any preferred locations? If this server is for backup purpose, it should be close to your main servers so that you can get good inbound speed.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

No preferred locations. I'm aware that for backups the closer the better, but for things like nameservers it's a non-issue.

Where are your main servers located now? so we can narrow to the location. With $100/mo, you have many options.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

I'm not too concerned about location at all. Just looking for a list of providers or recommendations.

I'd recommend Volumedrive, after their big sale is over. They're usually fast to respond, but a bit busy at the moment.

I'd also recommend Wholesale Internet - even though they're in the same building, they're completely different on a reliability level - separate networks, power, etc.

BurstNET comes to mind...

Tailor Made Servers (clearance servers, ask TMS - JoseQ what's left)...

Ubiquity Servers (http://overstock.ubiquityservers.com)

WholeSaleInternet (we use them for a VPN... pretty reliable.)

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, will look into them

Before you go too into other hosts, I have been using ServerStadium for a couple months now and their hosting is great.

Cheap and budget dedicated servers with almost no down time (knock on wood)

Here's a few which I would personally recommend...

BurstNET
    FDCServers
    DedicatedNOW

Other than that, I've not really checked out many other providers directly. Those are cheap and their service is not too bad.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Hello,

I'd recommend ColoStore. Couldn't ask or go with for a better Data Centre.

We've been with them for three or so months now, and they've bent over backwards for us. We were renting a dedicated machine with them, but were so satisfied with their services. We decided to send them our servers for colocation three weeks after.

Hope that helps.

I don't know how good they are, but I seen something fitting your budget in the Dedicated Servers offer..

RouterHosting.com (I believe they colo @ FDC in Denver.)
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

ProviderService have been great to me! 4 months with them now, and not a single problem.

Go with Basic0 configuration and you'll get 250GB of RAID1 protected storage, which should be plenty for backup purposes. Their network is 100MBps and you can use full speed at any time.

I'd like to draw your attention to servers which 1paket.com provides.
    They provide a dedi with the mentioned specs at less $100 per month.

You can always give corenetworks a try, they have dual cores starting from $30/mo, and some other servers starting from $25/mo.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesR View Post
    I'm not too concerned about location at all. Just looking for a list of providers or recommendations.

Check out eUKhost. They have some cheapish low end spec servers. They have very good uptime.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting