How to get around the poker shutdown?

With co-location couldnt somebody in America log onto a server that registers out of the USA and go to the poker sites to play online poker still since it's legal outside the usa?

yes but the person is still in america and subject to its laws

love the fast response. Yes but they we're subject to the same laws last week also when they were playing correct?

p.s. how do you add a sig?

Well to be fair about this I believe the laws against online gambling here in the USA relate primarily to the payment processor and the host of the game. The players themselves are fairly safe. There is quite a bit of discussion on other parts of the web about using VPNs to still play.

Can anybody give me more information on how to access a VPN how much it would cost and what not I for-see a product here. In fact I did a blog post about it and within 5 minutes I had an interested party: http://theoneigot.blogspot.com/2011/...-shutdown.html

". It's a loophole that can't be tracked or stopped since only players in America are not allowed to be playing and this is traced by an IP address.
    "

Still can be traced easily since you're *running their binaries, this isn't a web game*, and if you're playing for money you can't have your money sent into the US anyways so the point is moot

Is anybody up for making a quick e-book to explain how to get around this and we can promote it on Clickbank. I also have over 500,000 gamblers and poker player emails

so you plan on capitalising on this and spamming people with an addiction to buy your service, nice ethics

I love your businesss sense for a GREAT opportunity to help people to continue doing what they love since it's not illegal. So yes I am going to help out the people who have opted in to my newsletters YES I AM.

the issue is not access to the sites. The issue is the laundering of the money since the processing of the funds to support poker is what is illegal in the US.

At some point, the poker companies will prolly be forced to block all us based addresses from playing anything but play-money. Then you will need a PO box or fake address outside .us to be able to play..

the problem is getting money into your poker account since the CC companies are not allowed to process these payments for US customers. Accessing the poker sites themselves is easy enough with a vpn
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Wow. I even didn't know that online poker was prohibited in US. I am from Europe and I used to play almost daily, but since I came to America I never had time for that. Few days ago was thinking to do that again but now I see that it's impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by YuriyK View Post
    ... since I came to America I never had time for that. Few days ago was thinking to do that again but now I see that it's impossible...
    Welcome to America, land of the free, err greed. (The worthless scum within the US Government are only pissed off because they aren't making the money themselves.)

The only issue beyond colcation is the depositing of funds and withdrawing. Now you could still western union or do other methods to get the money in. None the less this is a pretty big deal considering the market cap of the 3 online poker companies had they been public would be approximately 30 billion as of last thursday night before the shutodown and seizure happened

Sometimes I am shocked with American laws. I think in the same way as Parick. My pocker account is registered in Ukraine and i have relatives there, so I can ask them to help with withdrawal etc. But it's not comfortable.

Unless you live in Washington DC.. They just legalized it last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Welcome to America, land of the free, err greed. (The worthless scum within the US Government are only pissed off because they aren't making the money themselves.)
    Why do so many people think "free" means we can do whatever we want?

You seem to have a lot of anger, maybe you need some poutine