England, UK

Hosted vs. Downloaded?

I was wondering if people here preferred being able to download and install software they have purchased, or taking a hosted solution through the company (assuming such an option is available, example is Kayako) where it is all managed for you?

New Jersey, US
    I'd say downloaded is better, you usually would have much more control with it rather than it being hosted on the vendor's servers. However, if you don't want to be bothered with customizing/updating, etc., then hosted may be suitable for you.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 18 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly! Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

I always prefer to run software from my own servers, that way I'm in full control.
    Accelerated Hosting - From Constant Internet
    Automatically serving your website from the nearest server
    Get hosted on our global network! America / Europe / Asia

I prefer downloaded - I like control with the codes.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

it depend on you . Mostly people would like to get together with hosting because they paid for hosting provider and ofcourse they wish to get more from them. Unless those expert do have a technical team to help them or do have knowledge to support them and they help you to update time to time.