Burst.net - Dedicated Servers

We have a dedicated server orders the longest in the world, still haven't finished 5 days also ... Does anyone have similar experience?
    he say 72 hours done!
    Registration Date: 04/15/2011
    but up to day :20/15/2011
    the product not deliver''but we have 5 days not complete!

anyone know why?
    Last edited by Finda R; 04-19-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Maybe it was delivered...check your spam filter.
    Post your order #, and we can look into it...
    The weekend may have come into play, we'll have to see.
    Otherwise, maybe the order was on hold for fraud checking, etc...
    The order clock does not start until it is approved for processing, which sometimes may be waiting on the client...

We have been pretty speedy on order deliveries the past couple months, as we ramped up our assembly line staff, and even offer expedited delivery services optionally now.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Registration Date: 04/15/2011
    Sales Rep: Shawn A.
    72 HOURS - STANDARD DELIVERY
    You sent a payment of $114,91 USD to BurstNET Technologies, Inc. (billing@burst.net)
    Apr 15, 2011 22:21:55 GMT+07:00
    Transaction ID: 1NH90209LK534871L

not fraud!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Details [Submitted 04-15-2011 - 11:22AM ]
    -----------------------------------------------------------

ID............: 2658635
    Viewing Key...: <<snipped>>
    Subject.......: Notification of payment received
    Last edited by bear; 04-20-2011 at 02:18 PM.

They might need to do a manual verification also, so try giving them some time to resolve this for you
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

we have send any tickets, but just promise and promise..
    we hope he can deliver product!
    and may very long in the word.

Your order was placed on the 15th, and thus went thru a weekend.
    Our average server delivery timeframes we advertise are 72 hours, but the weekend delays things a bit.
    If you were in a rush, we offer expedited delivery options, which you did not select.
    I suspect service should be delivered today, as I see it is already in the install process today.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

Ok Thank you
    if really.

I don't know of a single build to order outfit in this same industry that would not have any more or less of a lead time as the weekend is concerned.

After 14 years in this business I can tell you the standard has been around 3-5 business days. Business days meaning no holidays or weekends included.

I cannot believe someone started a thread here to complain about something like this. If it was going on 2 weeks and there was no communication, I think you might have something. But 5 days, with a weekend in there? Perfectly acceptable and normal.

Look, unless its in stock, we in this industry all order parts and build on demand. Unless you're doing a huge turn over and have hundreds of orders a day coming in, there's no reason to stock items that may become outdated if unsold. We all test the equipment, if its bad it can delay things. But we want to be sure your server is reliable and does not go down. So testing components and the entire build takes time.

Heck, even instock items carry lead times because of the testing involved. And lets not forget the time involved in installing and compiling the OS. More customized servers can take even longer.

You want car off the lot, you're gonna pay less and take a risk. Get one built at the factory, it takes time but will be worth it in the long run.
    Jeremy Kinsey (jer@mia.net) - 262-248-6759
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Colocation HostDrive.Com
    Since 1997

Hello

Up to day and time our order still not yet deliver by Burst.net
    we do not know when he can deliver our product.

can anyone help me?
    -------------------

order on other place just 12 hours done.
    mm..

thank you
    Last edited by Finda R; 04-19-2011 at 07:51 PM.

This is not the burst support desk, open a ticket with them and wait for a reply.

The day is still not over yet...we operate 24/7, and it is even earlier in the day on the West Coast where you ordered service delivery from.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I don't know of a single build to order outfit in this same industry that would not have any more or less of a lead time as the weekend is concerned.

After 14 years in this business I can tell you the standard has been around 3-5 business days. Business days meaning no holidays or weekends included.

I cannot believe someone started a thread here to complain about something like this. If it was going on 2 weeks and there was no communication, I think you might have something. But 5 days, with a weekend in there? Perfectly acceptable and normal.

Look, unless its in stock, we in this industry all order parts and build on demand. Unless you're doing a huge turn over and have hundreds of orders a day coming in, there's no reason to stock items that may become outdated if unsold. We all test the equipment, if its bad it can delay things. But we want to be sure your server is reliable and does not go down. So testing components and the entire build takes time.

Heck, even instock items carry lead times because of the testing involved. And lets not forget the time involved in installing and compiling the OS. More customized servers can take even longer.

You want car off the lot, you're gonna pay less and take a risk. Get one built at the factory, it takes time but will be worth it in the long run.
    I'm not sure what's the point of this (long) rant?
    You can't expect your customers to know how long it'll take for you to do your job; Burst stated 72 hours so that's what the customer went by. If there are exceptions to that time frame, then stating it would perhaps be a better way to go.

Hi

we have got our server!

Thank you for Burst.net

Quote Originally Posted by Finda R View Post
    Hi

we have got our server!

Thank you for Burst.net
    This ain't a help desk...

Quote Originally Posted by mousepad99 View Post
    This ain't a help desk...
    Sadly that is what WHT has become; part help desk, part place to bash providers!
    Jeremy Kinsey (jer@mia.net) - 262-248-6759
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Colocation HostDrive.Com
    Since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by svr60z View Post
    What the heck? let the people share their experience.

There is delay in delivery, that's why he posted this.
    There wasn't a delay - There was a weekend

It'll be worse this week if you're ordering from some UK providers because it's a 4 day weekend (Easter Bank Holidays). Come to think of it, it's a FIVE day weekend in Australia as they also have Anzac Day on Tuesday.

This whole thread seems to have come about because people don't factor in that many providers provision Monday to Friday only.