vps for video streaming?

i've outgrown my shared host account mainly because i am serving video content and received a warning already from my host. i was thiking of considering the vps option to simply host my video files and continue to use the shared host account. so the only purpose of the vps would be to serve streaming video. is that possible to use a shared host and stream videos from a vps? right now i am using xmoov to psedu stream. will that be possible if the files are on vps?
    kindly advise.

ps - i do not want to use a cdn as it tried it once but due to unpredictable cost. i discontinued

Streaming should be fine on a VPS as long as you have the proper dependencies set up based on the application.

However, if you are doing a video heavy site, like a tube for example, then you really need to go dedicated. It doesn't take long for a VPS to get overwhelmed with the endless connections on heavy traffic tube site. Not to mention the storage space.

That said, there are plenty of smaller streaming uses that will work just find on most VPS's assuming you get the right plan and resources. I would make sure I provided full disclosure for the proper plan.

Good luck sire!
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Virtual Server should work fine if you have enough resources. I would probably host the website on the VPS as well though. Good luck!