Keyword Analysis Where to start?

Ok, i asked for some feedback to my site on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1041047 now i got some great feedback from all especiallthe the_pm. Now to be honest i have never done a keyword analysis when the site was started it was started the idea of being just about music. Now my sites global keywords seems to be generic and im sure i coppied them from a competitor along time ago so they need to be updated but so do the ones for articles.

Now im wondering whats the easyiest way to do this. I have looked at one of my competitors who seems to be rating highly on google and they have used a batch load of keywords see http://bit.ly/erFlEj the site is http://bit.ly/g0O3rg now my main competitor is http://bit.ly/eHbdAb and the site is http://bit.ly/fxF6sB if we can refer to the first one as SB and the second as DH, Now the first one uses a mass load of keywords many that are relevant to the site where as the second uses just a few.

Now im thinking is it best to go with a list like SB or just do a simple one like DH thats to the point of what we offer. We all offer the same stuff so in theory i could copy chunks of.

Apart from that each catagory i have searched releated keywords to the topic area but im not sure if thats what they should be. Take the section Urban News in the next few days im going to get someone to add on all articles apart from the tags that relate to the article so jay sean, 2012 i will be adding in addition britasian,desi urban, desi, desi hits, rnb. Im not sure what you think of that or am i going the wrong way.

If anyone wants to give me a helping hand dont mind paying a small fee for it just i dont want to be spening money on seo when i have not got the basis right so have decided to firstly get all articles to have the right keywords and start from there.

p.s sorry about the length
      0 Not allowed!

For keyword analysis Google's adword keyword tool is the best. You need to choose keywords with high volume of search and less competition. Never choose a generic keyword because they are very competitive and don't drive relevant traffic too.
      0 Not allowed!

Google adword is best choice for you selecting a better keyword.
      0 Not allowed!

yeah i m also agree Google adword is best choice but i do not understand google which formula use for show low and high competition? any can explain this ?
      0 Not allowed!

Google Adwords tool is best. But choose relevant and less competitive keywords because less will be the competition and more will be the traffic
      0 Not allowed!

hi

i recommend Google adwords tool is the best for keyword analysis.Because it provides reliable information about different keywords to their users.
      0 Not allowed!

try out with wordtracker or google adwords tool
      0 Not allowed!

Google Keyword Tool will be best and easy to use. Target the keyword which having low competition and good search volume.

If your competitor is highly ranking on Google then do competitor analysis then you can get an idea what you are competitors doing.
      0 Not allowed!

Pick keywords that bring buyers to your website (if your selling a service or product) and yes Google's Keyword Tool is pretty damn good.
      0 Not allowed!

Of course as everyone as said google is a great keyword tool that you can use. The thing you need to think about is what kind of traffic are you looking for bring to your site. You are right by looking at your competition and going after the keywords that they are using. Also if you put a few keywords into the tool it will give you other related keywords. This should help you get a stronger grasp of the keywords that will be effective. Since you are starting make sure you go after the keywords with the greatest amount of searches and the lowest competition. This will help you rank faster. Good Luck.
      0 Not allowed!

Look at what your competitors are rating for and then use the adwords tools to figure out which of those are driving real traffic. If you use a tool like seomoz it can help you see which are the least competitive terms as well.
      0 Not allowed!

If you have some budget, go for Micro Niche Finder Or Market Samurai as they are 2 of the most powerful keyword tool in existence

If you want a FREE one, then just go for Adwords Keyword Tool. In selecting the best keywords, choose your 3 primary keywords who has substantial traffic and don't have that much competition..
    Extreme SEO Philippines - Reliable SEO in Philippines with Proven Track Record
    Also Offer Social Media Optimization Service
      0 Not allowed!

Seomoz would be a great resource to help you learn about SEO. As others have said, the Google Keyword tool will give you an early indication of your most popular keywords. Analyse each keyword on its own merit and have a look at what your competitors are targeting to see how you can get ahead of them.
      0 Not allowed!

Keyword Research Tools

To me Google AdWords is the best tool for keyword research. But I also like to prefer Keyword Discovery, Word Tracker, Digital Point’s Keyword Suggestion Tool, Google Keyword Tool, Niche Bot, Overture Keyword Selector Tool, Pixel Fast, Good Keywords, Keyword Spider, Keyword Tumble, Keyword Difficulty by SEOmoz.org, SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jennyjackson View Post
    yeah i m also agree Google adword is best choice but i do not understand google which formula use for show low and high competition? any can explain this ?
    But are there any competitors to adword? I'm using adword because I automatically assume that google is just the best. I think many people automatically assume this.
      0 Not allowed!

I would 1st analyze what my site will be about;
    After that i would also search for some methods and keywords the competition is using to see how it ranks.
      0 Not allowed!

Wordtracker tools is best for keyword analysis it is show local and global search volume.
      0 Not allowed!

When doing keyword research, I usually start for the most generic term of the niche I want to be in. And then, I would find 2nd level keywords of the generic term. From 2nd level keywords, I would extract the long tail keywords, which I would then target on each article I create. The point is, keep the articles target long tail phrases while linking to pages you want to boost the ranking in it using the 2nd level keywords or the most generic term.
      0 Not allowed!

use Google keyword tool. take high search volume keyword. while selecting keyword choose keyword phrase. dont target so many keywords on a single page
      0 Not allowed!