Meant abuse to Hostrail VPSs by a %#$@%#$% competitor :( !! But I'm staying B)

Hello,

Firstly, just for other members please don't post anything from the email that Hostrail sent regarding the issues that took place. As maybe they consider it confidental to their clients, and the thing is just that I don't mean to post that here by this thread.

Secondly,very sorry for those abusers, whoever they are and whatever the company size is, this is indeed very bad and mean step from them.

Third, to Hostrail as just a note, my service have been decent for the purposes I used it for and that I'm using currently! so I myself will wait on this. Very specially after receiving your email, which content is confirmed to me from the "previous" overall level of service, you were able to secure continuously, before those issues popped up suddenly. So, to sum it up I will stay, don't worry

And good luck in getting all this abuse issue sorted.
    Last edited by Violetli; 04-18-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Signature

Can anyone decipherwhat op is trying to say here
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

I read it about 5 times I have no idea.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

Quote Originally Posted by Kusai View Post
    Can anyone decipherwhat op is trying to say here
    He's talking about the big downtime of USA Servers of Hostrail.

Only hostrail customers that received the email will understand.

Well, just a hint, abuse of others are their reason.

From what I can tell they're claiming that their downtime/performance issues/etc are related to competitors signing up and abusing their setups.

If that was the case then why didn't the owner not accept the orders? He made quite the stink on lowendbox about that supposed fact in December so if anything it's his own fault.

Francisco

Looks like the customer of the several companies (+which have or have had several problem) and sharing here how loyal he is. That good point for companies I think.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Thanks to all!

And correct assumption from what all said, are:

1) Hostrail had recently only, some sudden and unexpected issues! like downtime/RAM full on VPSs/slow/maybe some other issues too, and which continuoud so far. And this never happened before, even at the time they registered massive amount of users.

2) I just felt extremely bad about the low behavior I read on their email. So I wanted to tell that competitor that I feel cool and staying :-) This is just because he made me feel bad by his sick behaviour.

3) Its nothing about loyality to Hostrail, I even always put budget VPSs in the possibility of their company disappearance any moment and work on that basis (with my data, config ..etc). Furthermore, my tiny service won't ever effect them. I just felt bad as I said, specially that I suspected a REALLY BIG company to be the one behind this issue!

Anyway, we wish good luck to Hostrail to keep the good work.

Thanks
    Signature

You should post the details sent by Hostrail.

Right now, all I (and probably many others) are reading is:
    1.) Hostrail is having issues.
    2.) These issues are caused by abuse.
    3.) You don't seem to mind, or are very loyal.

It doesn't read like a point in Hostrail's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post

That is so far the whole issue actually If you search threads about Hostrail here you will see what some of VPS owners like me suffered recently.

Plus one missing thing from the whole image (if there is any), is that this abuse they discover was caused by a competitor registered with many VPSs in different nodes for the purpose of abuse (as DeltaAnime also already mentioned here). And also for stealing Hostrail customers, since the abusers side also recently released similar services as theirs.

That is all. And sorry for any miss, English is my second lang and I tend to summarize.
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post

Summed up nicely right there.

It took me a few times of readying the O.P. myself.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
    Summed up nicely right there.

It took me a few times of readying the O.P. myself.
    They didn't actually say much details to clients from the first place.
    Up to this post sums EVERYTHING up:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...32&postcount=9
    Signature

This email (from HostRail) is what the OP is referring to:

For those that don't know me, my name is Robinson Howards and i am Abuse Department Manager here at HostRail. I've been monitoring the Server Loads on all US-Based Servers for the past 48 hours now to confirm that they are stable. There are some tickets regarding slow VPS's, the team is investigating those individually.

I have the permission from our lawyers to finally inform you regarding the cause of these issues. After hours of investigation we managed to locate several important details on various of our servers regarding a close competitor who as a way for him to get new clients he has fallen so low and has purchased several VPS's with the aim of abusing them to bring our servers offline and to cause inconveniences to clients.

This issus is being dealt with at the utmost seriousness, what happended creates to us a very bad image for this company. We are unable to inform anyone of the name of this company, i can only provide a hint that for some guessing a bit will put you to the right direction as to who this company and if you're also monitoring the latest changes that our competitors have completed guessing becomes very easy.

In order to ensure this issue never happens again, orders that score higher than usual risk scores will pass from a Phone Verification and the orders will be processed only after the Phone Verification Check is complete.

And also some of our most important upcoming improvements:

1 Hour Guaranteed Initial Response Time to Tickets in any Department - for customers who need quicker response and resolution times there will be a Premium Support Package for an additional cost, there is request for this and as such we're finalizing the packages.
    30-minute Guaranteed Provisioning Time for all Orders with the introduction of Instant Activation on several VPS packages
    Automatic Cancellation of Invoices once your service is cancelled and several enhancements to WHMCS.
    We are aware of an issue with Domain Name Management, this is due to the recent changes of the DirectI API - we are working to fully resolve this. Also soon DNS Management will be added to your Client Area to allow you even greater control of your domain names.

Last but not least today was the celebration of 4 years from the day our parent company, C & C Advanced Online Services Ltd was founded, April 18th 2007 - April 18th 2011. We know that we haven't done anything to celebrate this, we're planning this for the next days.

Best Regards,
    Robinson Howards
    Abuse Department Manager
    HostRail.com
    Oscar Pan - Beyond All Knowledge - sales{a}beyondallknowledge.com
    Services: Shared Hosting | Virtual Private Servers | VPS Reseller Program
    Locations: Kansas City, MO (Wholesale Internet)
    Quality Hardware | Great Uptime | Quick Support | Friendly Support Team

HostFail is full of crap - as usually. He have always some issues with his 15 or so heavily oversold nodes full of 1$/month customers. And his mails... are another joke. Just look at this one:

“This is a quick note that i am aware of the current Support Ticket Delays and have taken action to clear the queue’s completely tomorrow morning, a total of 28 Staff will be answering Support/Billing/Sales Tickets tomorrow – we’re aiming to answer all tickets by the end of tomorrow. Additionally 3 Support Engineers have now been made full time thus bringing the total amount of full time Support Engineers to 21.”
    21 full time Support Engineers? What do "they" run? Datacenter? Naah, few budget low end VPS boxes...

@ BeyondAllKnowledge : I asked to not post anything that was special to the clients about it!!! So why you do so in my thread? So please of the mods can delete the post I will be thankful to them, specially that you put the name of person

@ Spirit : Maybe they get part-time technicians, technicians that works for 2, 5 or 10 companies simultaneously, that is very, very possible. Why do you assume the technicians were from the same country and same town and even are sitting inside their company all day
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Violetli View Post
    @ Spirit : Maybe they get part-time technicians, technicians that works for 2, 5 or 10 companies simultaneously, that is very, very possible. Why do you assume the technicians were from the same country and same town and even are sitting inside their company all day
    Actually the email he posted said that they had 21 FULL-TIME (not part-time) support engineers. Just pointing that out. You seem like a very loyal customer of HostRail.
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by sajid213 View Post
    Actually the email he posted said that they had 21 FULL-TIME (not part-time) support engineers. Just pointing that out. You seem like a very loyal customer of HostRail.
    LoL It is clear that I didn't take the time to read it, just read how mean the post is
    And I don't mind any hosting company and will probably never

What really "seems" in the whole issue, is that our fellow hosting providers are VERY ANGRY @ Hostrail And please all, don't take anything personally

Quote Originally Posted by Violetli View Post
    LoL It is clear that I didn't take the time to read it, just read how mean the post is
    And I don't mind any hosting company and will probably never

What really "seems" in the whole issue, is that our fellow hosting providers are VERY ANGRY @ Hostrail And please all, don't take anything personally
    Well, it's very bad for competitors to abuse the system of other host just to bring them down.

From this big downtime, I expect a fast and improved Hostrail servers.

My HostRail server is down completely, and so is their website. Screw this entire company.