Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    Consider yourself lucky for only having to pay $15 to learn this lesson. Many people have paid a lot more than that before they realized they made a big mistake. Your odds of having a better experience drastically increase as you increase your budget. Their are lousy hosts that charge a lot too but for $15 you are pretty much guaranteed a crappy system with crappy support.
    we paid to this one : $98 (and lost them) , however he's support reply it was good and fast , i mean if you reply to a ticket he give back an fast reponse , however that is not when comes to money refund , he is not giving back a penny .
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

Quote Originally Posted by THAMAN View Post
    Why are you guys even wasting your time on this thread? I mean come.. on a dedicated servers for $15??
    it is setup , you pay $15 they take it for free , if you need the server to test a software or test anything is much better to get a dedi for $15 instead of $65 or more, is easy to get started as fast , if your support is good then customer will stay , a thing or two how this works i belive.
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

Another guy who got scammed:
    wjunction.com/showthread.php?p=784887

I hope it's okay to link to that board.

Your odds of having a better experience drastically increase as you increase your budget.
    True, and the same thing can be said for a lot of things in life.

for $15 you are pretty much guaranteed a crappy system with crappy support.
    One of the reasons BurstNET resellers have a bad reputation are 'companies' like TechniHost, who are run either by scam operations or individuals who have no idea how to run a business or manage their finances.

Considering a company known for their support like SingleHop has even offered $1 first-month servers, your statement is inaccurate.
    TheHostGenie.com
    cPanel | Softaculous | R1Soft | Ksplice
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Dedicated
    sales@thehostgenie.com

I can't believe someone paid $15 for a dedicated server. I wouldn't go any higher than $7.50, maybe $10.00 if it were fully managed with phone support and a decent SLA. Just my two cents, Canadian, which is probably worth more than your two cents right now.

Price of dedicated servers i think strays away from this post. More or less contact the owner of the site, if he then does not pay harass him a bit more.

OK, just to get back on track with this ticket.

Please note that in their blog, they were talking about "Wired World Hosting" as their NEW FOUND provider and etc. However after some checking and such, it was found these ppl either do not own any DC at all.

Further to that, if you try checking both Wired World Hosting and Techni Host, you will find something really strange and really interesting.

Wired World Hosting IP : 68.190.239.67
    Techni Host IP : 68.190.239.66

I was kinda surprised when I saw that so I dug a bit further...

===================================================================
    Network
    NetRange 68.190.192.0 - 68.190.255.255
    CIDR 68.190.192.0/18
    Name LA-CA-68-190-192
    Handle NET-68-190-192-0-1
    Parent CHARTER-NET-7BLK (NET-68-184-0-0-1)
    Net Type Reallocated
    Origin AS
    Organization Charter Communications (CC04)
    Registration Date 2003-08-15
    Last Updated 2003-08-15
    Comments
    RESTful Link http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-68-190-192-0-1
    See Also Related organization's POC records.
    See Also Related delegations.
    ===================================================================

Kinda interesting ain't it? Charter? Hmmm...Both of them using the same server? IP is almost SIDE BY SIDE?

What are the chances of these happening?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Why o why? that's the question which remains unanswered each and every time. Why not do some proper research to begin with.

Within 1 minute I was able to find two threads on a different forum complaining about their service: Extremely slow VPS, Dedicated server went down.
    SolidSRV Internet Solutions | OVH France HQ
    Unmetered Bandwidth with every server
    sales@solidsrv.com | +31 233-020-200

Thumbs down

I would like to share the following information, not written by me but it's important enough to add it here:

------------------------------
    Eddie seems to have a bit of a history, this is not the first time a hosting company of his has been called a scam, namely he used to run a hosting company (Not a real company i might add) called 'Hostparlor.com' which is now defunct, this too had scam warning posted (e.g. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=640017 And http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and...or-beware.html

According the namepros post he has run 3 other hosts not including host parlor, all of which are now defunct...

List of his hosts
    Host Parlor (defunct)
    Hosterschill (defunct)
    InterCore (Seems defunct, no proof suggesting its not defunct)
    The Cayman Host (Seems defunct, no proof suggesting its not defunct)
    Technihost (Still Running)

If i had to make an educated Guess i would say this host is going the same as the other 4, e.g. will be a defunct as its all hitting the fan soon enough.

Also This Burstnet Post (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...50&postcount=7) Should explain the downtime assuming you where on his burstnet servers, e.g. Burstnet suspended there servers becuase he owes them money. If you are not on his burst net server althought this does not explain the situation, if he does not pay invoices to once provider whats the chances he pays invoices to the others.

Burstnet Explanation:
    Okay. I just had an interesting conversation with Eddie (Carl) Keyton. I offered him the chance to clean this up however he wished, but he decided he'd rather let me post everything here.

So, this begins back in Feb. 2009 with (Carl) Eddie's first account with us. He ordered a FREE MONTH Server, and then neglected to either cancel or pay for the service, so he has been in debt to us since then.

Then Carl opened a new account with us A MONTH LATER. He ordered ANOTHER free month server, and -- surprise -- let it lapse without canceling or paying.

Now, we go forward ANOTHER MONTH and Carl's partner Kirk Ladd joins in and tries to order ANOTHER FREE SERVER! We catch this one and cancel it, but he tries again the next day. We cancel that.

Move forward to Jan. 2011 where Kirk signs up again and tried to order a server again. We deny him

Move forward to last month, where Carl signed up again, and decided to go for broke and ordered over 30 free month servers. Of those, 15 have already been canceled (He doesn't seem to know how to retain a client).

After my conversation with him in a technihost live chat, and upon this full review of his history with us, we decided to invoke our right to suspend all services until we can clear up this overdue invoice, multiple accounts and free month server abuse.

I do not believe he is taking this part well at all.

Suffice to say, BurstNET is not the cause of the problem, as (Carl) Eddie states, but how he chooses to do business.
    SolidSRV Internet Solutions | OVH France HQ
    Unmetered Bandwidth with every server
    sales@solidsrv.com | +31 233-020-200

he also scam he

he close my vps and now every ticket i open he close
    he steal $18 but thnx gad now we know him
    so for my opinion #1 company that i ever see

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12