leagueservers.com = SCAMMERS BE AWARE!

Hi,

read that!!!

on April 2 I ordered a Counter-Strike: Source server at LeagueServers.com. Their prices were good and I got my server almost instantly.

On April 6, my server was down... I sent a support request to tell them that my server was down, and I asked for a refund. 24 hours later, I got an aswer:
    we are working to fix this issue as fast as possible and will update you shortly.
    Nothing about my refund... So I asked them: What about my refund?
    Answer: this is back online for you.
    I then asked them about my refund, again,
    and they said: forwarding to billing to review this for you.

On April 12, my server was down again.
    I sent another support request, asking for my refund again and saying that their servers was down AGAIN.
    FOUR DAYS later I got an answer:
    the server should be online
    My response: no it's not, I can't access to my panel
    Answer: the correct link is gpanel.leagueservers.com and it is online. let us know if you are still having problems with the game server.
    My response: I can't connect with the link you gived to me, and my server is still down. But I don't care about my server, I just want my refund.

Today, two days later, I got my new answer:
    working on this for you and will update ticket shortly. (they are talking about the fact that my server is down, not about my refund)

Ok now I was kinda angry so I closed this ticket and created a new one, with title: Please I want a refund

You know what?
    THEY DELETED MY ACCOUNT

I never got my refund, I paid for a server that has been up for like 6 days.
    I never been that much scammed in my whole life, and I never wrote such hateful lines about a company but they PUSHED me to do it.

I still can't believe it.

STAY AWAY.

P.S: Sorry for my english. It's not my native language and I try at my best to be understandable!
    Keywords: league servers, LeagueServers.com, LeagueServers
    Last edited by orditeck; 04-18-2011 at 06:37 PM.

How did you pay for the server? Paypal? Credit card? Try contacting paypal or your cc company and tell them about the problem hopefully they could help you out..

Sorry to hear about the badness thats going on for you.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't thought to contact Paypal... I'll try that thanks for the idea

Well you wanted a refund because of server downtime what did you expect to keep your server? jeeze.

Make a dispute if something like that occurs.
    If the host can't refund you, the payment processor will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostestate View Post
    Well you wanted a refund because of server downtime what did you expect to keep your server? jeeze.
    I expected a refund and then getting my account deleted.
    But I jusr got my account deleted and no refund, which means that I paid for 30 days of services, I had 6 and a deleted account.

Hi

Did you read there TOS on the site, before signing up ?

I have no doubt you'll get your money back via Paypal

good luck either way.

Andrew

The best thing I would suggest when working with a new or unfamiliar internet company would be to pay by credit card when ever possible, I know Paypal is more secure but they will Never turn a dispute in your favor for virtual goods. Best thing to do is pay with a credit card then you can dispute through your bank directly.

Hope This Helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhz View Post
    The best thing I would suggest when working with a new or unfamiliar internet company would be to pay by credit card when ever possible, I know Paypal is more secure but they will Never turn a dispute in your favor for virtual goods. Best thing to do is pay with a credit card then you can dispute through your bank directly.

Hope This Helps!
    I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to give credit card information over to an unfamiliar company. I know I wouldn't do that. His best bet is to be more aggressive when comparing companies. Plan to do your homework first on said company before purchasing. viewing their website is not enough, Google their company name, find reviews, talk with their sales, etc.

Try to dispute their PayPal.
    If they have a Credit Card processor just try to contact the merchant acc. Provider, with a proof.

Quote Originally Posted by WHU-Mike View Post
    I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to give credit card information over to an unfamiliar company. I know I wouldn't do that. His best bet is to be more aggressive when comparing companies. Plan to do your homework first on said company before purchasing. viewing their website is not enough, Google their company name, find reviews, talk with their sales, etc.
    Sorry I should have been a little more clear on the credit card info, use there onsite credit card system if they are using a reputable merchant such as authorize.net.

I also know usually everyone doesn’t always judge a book by its cover but if their website looks like it was setup in 2 hours it probably was.

Surprised to hear you had these issues with them. I've had some great experiences with them in the past.

Hopefully, you can get a refund somehow.

Its good you posted an honest review. People won't be trapped again

I opened a dispute on Paypal on 4/18/2011... no answer from League Servers since then.

I asked for a $15 refund as I got some service (like 6 days).... I'm not an ******* I tried to be fair.
    Anyway I'm happy if people can see this thread and avoid this company.

Quote Originally Posted by orditeck View Post
    I opened a dispute on Paypal on 4/18/2011... no answer from League Servers since then.

I asked for a $15 refund as I got some service (like 6 days).... I'm not an ******* I tried to be fair.
    Anyway I'm happy if people can see this thread and avoid this company.
    You automatically win the dispute if they don't respond within X amount of days to the PayPal dispute case. No questions. asked. Just don't escalate that because you'll get denied.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    You automatically win the dispute if they don't respond within X amount of days to the PayPal dispute case. No questions. asked. Just don't escalate that because you'll get denied.
    I didn't know, I hope they won't answer then! Thanks for this info.

I didn't know, I hope they won't answer then! Thanks for this info.
    10 days from the claim date, good luck!

10 days from the claim date, good luck!
    I opened the claim on april 18th. If, as you said, I get an auto-refund after 10 days from the claim date if they don't answer... I should have got it, no?

edit: I wrote march instead of april.
    Last edited by orditeck; 05-01-2011 at 11:27 AM.

I opened the claim on march 18th. If, as you said, I get an auto-refund after 10 days from the claim date if they don't answer... I should have got it, no?
    Are you in the US? That's how at least PayPal in the US operates. If you are might want to give them a call.

Are you in the US? That's how at least PayPal in the US operates. If you are might want to give them a call.
    No I'm in Quebec, Canada. I will check on their website about that auto-refund I'm sure I'll find out

But why you need to ask for refund? Do they provide you the server at the end ?

LeagueServers have been around for a LONG time. I remember talking to the owner when they first started, kind man. But you need to understand they worked their fullest to get your server back online, and they did. I'm sure somewhere on their website or ToS they clearly state they will not provide any kind of refunds. And for that, you need to understand...next time read before you buy

I do feel sorry that you aren't able to receive your refund, but did they ever promise you a refund guarantee? If not, learn from your mistakes

again sorry for the issue! =S
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com