Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    leagueservers.com = SCAMMERS BE AWARE!

    Hi,

    read that!!!

    on April 2 I ordered a Counter-Strike: Source server at LeagueServers.com. Their prices were good and I got my server almost instantly.

    On April 6, my server was down... I sent a support request to tell them that my server was down, and I asked for a refund. 24 hours later, I got an aswer:
    we are working to fix this issue as fast as possible and will update you shortly.
    Nothing about my refund... So I asked them: What about my refund?
    Answer: this is back online for you.
    I then asked them about my refund, again,
    and they said: forwarding to billing to review this for you.

    On April 12, my server was down again.
    I sent another support request, asking for my refund again and saying that their servers was down AGAIN.
    FOUR DAYS later I got an answer:
    the server should be online
    My response: no it's not, I can't access to my panel
    Answer: the correct link is gpanel.leagueservers.com and it is online. let us know if you are still having problems with the game server.
    My response: I can't connect with the link you gived to me, and my server is still down. But I don't care about my server, I just want my refund.

    Today, two days later, I got my new answer:
    working on this for you and will update ticket shortly. (they are talking about the fact that my server is down, not about my refund)

    Ok now I was kinda angry so I closed this ticket and created a new one, with title: Please I want a refund

    You know what?
    THEY DELETED MY ACCOUNT

    I never got my refund, I paid for a server that has been up for like 6 days.
    I never been that much scammed in my whole life, and I never wrote such hateful lines about a company but they PUSHED me to do it.

    I still can't believe it.

    STAY AWAY.

    P.S: Sorry for my english. It's not my native language and I try at my best to be understandable!
    Keywords: league servers, LeagueServers.com, LeagueServers
    Last edited by orditeck; 04-18-2011 at 06:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,054
    How did you pay for the server? Paypal? Credit card? Try contacting paypal or your cc company and tell them about the problem hopefully they could help you out..

    Sorry to hear about the badness thats going on for you.

  3. #3
    Thanks for your reply.

    I haven't thought to contact Paypal... I'll try that thanks for the idea

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,599
    Well you wanted a refund because of server downtime what did you expect to keep your server? jeeze.

  5. #5
    Make a dispute if something like that occurs.
    If the host can't refund you, the payment processor will.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostestate View Post
    Well you wanted a refund because of server downtime what did you expect to keep your server? jeeze.
    I expected a refund and then getting my account deleted.
    But I jusr got my account deleted and no refund, which means that I paid for 30 days of services, I had 6 and a deleted account.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,429
    Hi

    Did you read there TOS on the site, before signing up ?

    I have no doubt you'll get your money back via Paypal

    good luck either way.

    Andrew

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    156
    The best thing I would suggest when working with a new or unfamiliar internet company would be to pay by credit card when ever possible, I know Paypal is more secure but they will Never turn a dispute in your favor for virtual goods. Best thing to do is pay with a credit card then you can dispute through your bank directly.

    Hope This Helps!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhz View Post
    The best thing I would suggest when working with a new or unfamiliar internet company would be to pay by credit card when ever possible, I know Paypal is more secure but they will Never turn a dispute in your favor for virtual goods. Best thing to do is pay with a credit card then you can dispute through your bank directly.

    Hope This Helps!
    I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to give credit card information over to an unfamiliar company. I know I wouldn't do that. His best bet is to be more aggressive when comparing companies. Plan to do your homework first on said company before purchasing. viewing their website is not enough, Google their company name, find reviews, talk with their sales, etc.

  10. #10
    Try to dispute their PayPal.
    If they have a Credit Card processor just try to contact the merchant acc. Provider, with a proof.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by WHU-Mike View Post
    I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to give credit card information over to an unfamiliar company. I know I wouldn't do that. His best bet is to be more aggressive when comparing companies. Plan to do your homework first on said company before purchasing. viewing their website is not enough, Google their company name, find reviews, talk with their sales, etc.
    Sorry I should have been a little more clear on the credit card info, use there onsite credit card system if they are using a reputable merchant such as authorize.net.

    I also know usually everyone doesn’t always judge a book by its cover but if their website looks like it was setup in 2 hours it probably was.

  12. #12
    Surprised to hear you had these issues with them. I've had some great experiences with them in the past.

    Hopefully, you can get a refund somehow.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Savannah!
    Posts
    58
    Its good you posted an honest review. People won't be trapped again

  14. #14
    I opened a dispute on Paypal on 4/18/2011... no answer from League Servers since then.

    I asked for a $15 refund as I got some service (like 6 days).... I'm not an ******* I tried to be fair.
    Anyway I'm happy if people can see this thread and avoid this company.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by orditeck View Post
    I opened a dispute on Paypal on 4/18/2011... no answer from League Servers since then.

    I asked for a $15 refund as I got some service (like 6 days).... I'm not an ******* I tried to be fair.
    Anyway I'm happy if people can see this thread and avoid this company.
    You automatically win the dispute if they don't respond within X amount of days to the PayPal dispute case. No questions. asked. Just don't escalate that because you'll get denied.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    You automatically win the dispute if they don't respond within X amount of days to the PayPal dispute case. No questions. asked. Just don't escalate that because you'll get denied.
    I didn't know, I hope they won't answer then! Thanks for this info.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by orditeck View Post
    I didn't know, I hope they won't answer then! Thanks for this info.
    10 days from the claim date, good luck!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    10 days from the claim date, good luck!
    I opened the claim on april 18th. If, as you said, I get an auto-refund after 10 days from the claim date if they don't answer... I should have got it, no?

    edit: I wrote march instead of april.
    Last edited by orditeck; 05-01-2011 at 11:27 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by orditeck View Post
    I opened the claim on march 18th. If, as you said, I get an auto-refund after 10 days from the claim date if they don't answer... I should have got it, no?
    Are you in the US? That's how at least PayPal in the US operates. If you are might want to give them a call.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    Are you in the US? That's how at least PayPal in the US operates. If you are might want to give them a call.
    No I'm in Quebec, Canada. I will check on their website about that auto-refund I'm sure I'll find out

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    1051 My Drive New York
    Posts
    21
    But why you need to ask for refund? Do they provide you the server at the end ?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,332
    LeagueServers have been around for a LONG time. I remember talking to the owner when they first started, kind man. But you need to understand they worked their fullest to get your server back online, and they did. I'm sure somewhere on their website or ToS they clearly state they will not provide any kind of refunds. And for that, you need to understand...next time read before you buy

    I do feel sorry that you aren't able to receive your refund, but did they ever promise you a refund guarantee? If not, learn from your mistakes

    again sorry for the issue! =S
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com

Similar Threads

  1. Is anyone aware of an..
    By voxio in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
  2. New Ad-Aware SE
    By The Dude in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 01:48 AM
  3. Are you aware...
    By ubbdude in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2000, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •