HazeNet New Ownership, Same service

Some of you may be aware that Thrust took over operations of Hazenet about a month ago, I was excited about this change of ownership because Colin the previous owner took the term unprofessional to a new low. However that excitedment was quickly quelled by the new ownership informing me that they only took over the assets and none of the liability. Assets being the customer list and liability being the service said customers were promised. How in the world a list of ticked off customers that are still hosed by the change of ownership is a good thing I will never know.

I want my refund, Colin ran off, came back for one day to announce the sale, and ran off again. Thrust couldn't care less about HazeNets customers and insist Colin is the only we will get a refund back. If you were considering HazeNet or Thrust I suggest you stay away from both.
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

I really don't think thrust is really saying he don't care about the clients and there stuff but if he took it over, its his choice to how he operates the company and what he decides to do with it, the clients, and the information with the change-over.

If the older owner insisted on the sell saying you have to keep my clients and this, this, and so, and so.. then yeah following the sale he would have to, but when he took it over after looking it up and reading about it it seems the host has been dead and inactive for awhile so it's not Thrust's job to refund all the clients after all that trouble and months of service, he would have to handle clients that joined from the day he took it over, and what he accepted and such. But when a company is changed over if the old owner stated this to you and said it will be done and this and so, you have every right to go after the old owner for your refund for the problems you had when he was the owner thrust is taking it over and has it been annouced what hes doing with it?? if hes reopening it or what?

My eyes its in so much hate, trouble that the best thing for it to be done is shut down for awhile pending a rebuild of the company and then re-launching as the clients on there that are having problems and requesting refunds go back months ago and thats not his need as he took it over as is and has to deal with seeing if he can get the company going or what his plans is, for the company.

I suggest you just move on, even though that its' took over, it dont make sense for you to attack them now because its owned by another owner.

I would go after colin, or whatever the old hosting companys owner was. I filed a dispute with them and I was refunded my whole time with them.

But your expecting Thrust to do the refund now, after months of it being ignored, and nothing done about it, and because its now taken over you want the new owner to refund everyone? There would be no pointing to take over and ditch out all that money, i can see thrust either offering people there services and bringing it back up to a stable company for awhile but not accepting sales or doing his own private operation.

But what your expecting is like..

Say i bought a used car from someone, but you were selling a guy a systeem (headunit & subs) and he was still paying you for it, but he sold the car before he paid you off (say your still $200 short) and he sold the car and ignores you for awhile but you see me at a gas station and come up to me and say hey you gotta pay me for that head unit because thats mine and the old owner or originall owner never paid me.

Thats what your doing... Your attacking thrust now (not literally) but expecting them to now refund you for your service with them and the problems you had after it being months and you not getting no reply from the orignall owner or the company, but now that you see a company thats a legit company running it now u wana get back on requesting it, and think they should?

I wouldn't pay you, if i bought a car from someone and that someone owed someone 200 bucks for the radio they gave me with the car, thats not my fault. I gotta handle what happens from the day i bought the car and the future not the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmainguy View Post
    Some of you may be aware that Thrust took over operations of Hazenet about a month ago, I was excited about this change of ownership because Colin the previous owner took the term unprofessional to a new low. However that excitedment was quickly quelled by the new ownership informing me that they only took over the assets and none of the liability. Assets being the customer list and liability being the service said customers were promised. How in the world a list of ticked off customers that are still hosed by the change of ownership is a good thing I will never know.

I want my refund, Colin ran off, came back for one day to announce the sale, and ran off again. Thrust couldn't care less about HazeNets customers and insist Colin is the only we will get a refund back. If you were considering HazeNet or Thrust I suggest you stay away from both.
    You also must keep in mind that Thrust did not benefit a single bit from any past revenue. Furthermore, they actually took a loss when they purchased the clients from Haze. To further expect them to turn around and refund you even further is pushing it quite a bit.

It's not unheard of for a provider to advise you to chase the old owner in regards to previous monetary disputes, as the income was that of the old owner, and not of the current operation.

That being said, how many months were you dealing with this issue of the old owner (Colin) being unresponsive? There's got to be a point where any normal person would have cut their losses and left... At least somebody's stepped up to the plate to try and bring these customers back to a point where they're satisfied with the service provided. They could have simply left you out in the cold and refused to put out their own cash to purchase the assets.
    Ryan G.

Thrust doesn't have your money.

Additionally, you signed up with a service with a marijuana leaf as a logo?

Put in a dispute with Paypal for a full refund, and you will get it all back. I did tell the new owner to refund under my account, but apparently it would have messed up their books, so that is effectively the only option we've got.
    - Colin Dunn | Systems Administrator
    I think CentOS is a pretty cool guy. eh runs mah server and doesnt afraid of anything...
    ^ That sig/meme is so old, I just don't have the heart to change it. I hope the cool kids around still get it... 2008 was a good year!

Colin:

Thank you for responding to these posts and I really do look forward to posting a positive closing review if paypal approves this.

Colin:

Thank you for responding to these posts and I really do look forward to posting a positive closing review if paypal approves this.
    For what you have stated here, Paypal is not going to accept a dispute from Thrust back to you, as they have no records of you paying thrust, Just the old ex-owner.

If you dispute the old owner, and that business account you might have a chance, but for you to sit there and blame thrust there's something wrong with you. Thrust is a very good service provider and is working their asses off to turn that company around and provide you guy's a better service, Just because it's taken over by new management you guy's think the day it was taken over the service should be 100% better, and for the ones that didn't get refunds are going to show back up and get them? No, They're working day and night to turn it around and make the service better and bring back up the company, and people don't even give them the benefit of the doubt, when Thrust has turned many of companys that have gone by night back into a rep. company and turned all the negative into positive.

I really think you should just give em a chance and work with the billing department, Thrust in most cases will work with you and get it all fixed, and worked out.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Hey Mark,

I am glad you have taken a deep interest in this thread, that being said I spent some of my valuable time to give you the response you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    For what you have stated here, Paypal is not going to accept a dispute from Thrust back to you, as they have no records of you paying thrust, Just the old ex-owner.
    I have never, nor will ever dispute a payment to thrust based on past service, I have never done business with thrust, nor based on my experience with them ever do business with thrust. Nothing about thrust throughout this whole process has encouraged me to sign up with them. You are way off base on assuming I was disputing thrust.

If you dispute the old owner, and that business account you might have a chance, but for you to sit there and blame thrust there's something wrong with you.
    My dispute is with HazeNet, not with colin, not with thrusts owners (Russ? I really don't know who runs thrust or care to look it up as it has no bearing on my business activities). I entered into a contract with HazeNet, HazeNet did not deliver under old management, HazeNet was "Sold" to the owners of thrust and continues to do business as HazeNet and did not bring my servers up or acknowledge that they still owe me 7 months of service or acknowledge their SLA and refund me completely. (Colin the old owner has offered to refund me as per earlier posts so I am still waiting on that to come through and we are at 60+ days from when I originally requested it through a support ticket.)

My main point being I have a contract with HazeNet, and just like with the old management I am still not recieving any service or refund from the new management. I dont really care about how HazeNet was sold or all the continginces involved I just want my money and to warn people to stay away from HazeNet based off my experience with both new and old management.

Thrust is a very good service provider and is working their asses off to turn that company around and provide you guy's a better service, Just because it's taken over by new management you guy's think the day it was taken over the service should be 100% better
    It is far from day one since the ownership change and I still havent recieved a day of service since it went down in Jan, this does not scream hard working assless employees to me, this screams Thrust bought colins domain name and customer list. [HazeNet feel free to provide me with the 7 months of service I have already paid for]

and for the ones that didn't get refunds are going to show back up and get them? No, They're working day and night to turn it around and make the service better and bring back up the company, and people don't even give them the benefit of the doubt,
    Show back up? where did we go? WE and I mean WE for the many many many HazeNet customers out there and got screwed have not gone anywhere and have infact been in constant contact since service stop to get what we paid for, which was service with a SLA agreement that was broken and we are all due refunds from HazeNet. HazeNet is liable dont make any mistake about that, and if I really have to be the one to get a lawyer to file a class action suit and contact everyone who was ever involved with HazeNet I will.(Lawyer gets most of the money so this is a major turnoff and all other roads should be explored before lawsuits come into play)

when Thrust has turned many of companys that have gone by night back into a rep. company and turned all the negative into positive.

I really think you should just give em a chance and work with the billing department, Thrust in most cases will work with you and get it all fixed, and worked out.
    This is certainly possible and I invite you to produce a list of companies Thrust has taken over (bought customer lists for) and given that specific brand name of virtual servers a good reputation. Then add HazeNet to that list with an * to indicate a failure to turn around the reputation and a loss of reputation for Thrust.

Thanks again,
    Jonathan Mainguy

Hey Colin,

The invoice for refund was sent on April 23rd to paypal@hazenet.co.uk, let me know if you need me to send this invoice to a different account.

Thank you,
    Jon

Kinda fun i still get invoices for a vps that dont even exists anylonger and been down for months, AND been cancelled and charge disputed and granted.I can honestly say i will not do more buisness with haze, regardless of ownership.

But hey if you have my data, we can talk. ^^

Still waiting on Colin to pay the refund

Hey Colin,

The invoice for refund was sent on April 23rd to paypal@hazenet.co.uk, let me know if you need me to send this invoice to a different account.

Thank you,
    Jon
    Still waiting on Colin to pay the refund
    Hello Jon,

I am just trying to clear this up, I was under the impression I had refunded everyone but I've been doing some digging tonight and I am seeing your username pop up again and again - Did you receive this refund as requested? Or did you continue your service with ThrustVPS?

If not, please PM me with any details you have of the transaction. Ie. amount, or the email address you paid with etc. so I can run this through my records (I have every single transaction archived with paypal). If you haven't been refunded, I do sincerely apologize I left you out of pocket and compensate you accordingly.

Kind Regards,
    ~ Colin
    I think CentOS is a pretty cool guy. eh runs mah server and doesnt afraid of anything...
    ^ That sig/meme is so old, I just don't have the heart to change it. I hope the cool kids around still get it... 2008 was a good year!

Hey Colin,

Blast from the past man, been awhile. I never got the refund, I did get a few months out of thrust though. I have learned a lot about the industry since last may and consider the money as payment for the lessons I learned. I appreciate the follow up, do not worry about the money at this point.

Thanks again,
    Jon

Hey Colin,

Blast from the past man, been awhile. I never got the refund, I did get a few months out of thrust though. I have learned a lot about the industry since last may and consider the money as payment for the lessons I learned. I appreciate the follow up, do not worry about the money at this point.

Thanks again,
    Jon
    Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply (I didn't except a response so quickly) - I'm glad to hear that you did get utilize the rest of your service at Thrust, so you did get the months you paid for. However I do still feel guilty that you did not get the refund I promised to all my customers.

I've been bringing up a lot of threads regarding hazenet, and noticed you mentioned that you moved to Andrew from 123systems - he was actually an employee of mine who left with 0 notice, and halted all contact with me when the proverbial hit the fan with HazeNET.

I noticed he actually took (stole) on a lot of my customers by releasing private business information to the public (which is ethically wrong in every respect) - And claiming he was a "legitimate source". Which further confirms my theory he had ulterior motives when under my employment. To this day, I still feel betrayed by him and believe he is a very shady character.

Enough of that, I insist that I refund you something for the trouble you had with me, and want to clear the air. Just PM me with an amount and we can work something (although this is up to you). I want to tie up every single loose end, and only realized recently your case, which seems to be the only customer I did not refund. Just let me know if you need anything, I will be happy to sort this out.

Many thanks