Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1

    The Donald for president

    Does anyone here think the Donald has a chance of winning if he actually decides to run?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    949
    ahahahahah god I hope not. I'm not going to be one of those people who BSs and says if he wins I'm moving to Canada.

    But if he does win we're screwed more so than any president we've had. Everyone says look at Donald he's a multi billionaire. He's a guy who's done something I never could and he's made a living out of it. But the man does nothing but shady business deals, file for bankruptcy, and I'm willing to bet more than ever he'd be in the pockets of corporations.
    Edrick Smith
    Film Production

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    722
    I don't know. The average American could look up to him based on his successes and failures. It's one thing to fail, but it's another thing to come back from the brink of bankruptcy and be highly successful.

    Could he become president? If he WANTED to, maybe. It would take a lot of time working up the ranks though, I'd think.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,687
    Personally, I think it's all a publicity stunt. The Donald is incredibly good when it comes to promoting things he's involved in, and he'd take a HUGE loss if he actually did step down from his organizations (which he'd have to do) to become, and run for, president.

    That said, I think he is exactly what this country needs. He's NOT a career politician, he has experience building things up from bankruptcy, he is not afraid to tell people where to go, he is as outspoken as it gets. Were he to seriously run for the office, he'd have my vote in a heartbeat, unless a more qualified candidate came up, which I doubt will happen.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    949
    Here's the problem running for president is not JUST about the financial side of things. Do we really need Mr. You're Fired! Running our country?
    Edrick Smith
    Film Production

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Smith View Post
    Here's the problem running for president is not JUST about the financial side of things.
    Actually, at the current time, that's THE most critical issue for this country. If we don't get our tail ends in gear on cleaning up this debt, we'll be in worse than huge trouble with China and Japan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Smith View Post
    Do we really need Mr. You're Fired! Running our country?
    We need someone like Trump who can come in, take this country from what it is financially to what it CAN be, and you DON'T do that by massively increasing spending.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    949
    My view on it is although the financial crisis is one of the biggest issues we face. It is not the only one and when you're voting for a president it's not based off of one requirement. Who knows he may save our asses financially but what does that do if he destroys our education, science, or hell somehow pisses off some country and sucks at diplomacy?

    We dont need him to come in and "attempt" to fix our financial crisis and at the same time screw something else up. Also you cannot fix a whole countries economic issues in a single 4 year term. That's the problem everyone seems to be forgetting with Obama. You can't fix years of issues in a country that has hundreds of millions of citizens.
    Edrick Smith
    Film Production

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Personally, I think it's all a publicity stunt. The Donald is incredibly good when it comes to promoting things he's involved in, and he'd take a HUGE loss if he actually did step down from his organizations (which he'd have to do) to become, and run for, president.

    That said, I think he is exactly what this country needs. He's NOT a career politician, he has experience building things up from bankruptcy, he is not afraid to tell people where to go, he is as outspoken as it gets. Were he to seriously run for the office, he'd have my vote in a heartbeat, unless a more qualified candidate came up, which I doubt will happen.
    Wow. *shakes head* I agree with you... 1000%... for once.

    I know I'm Canadian but I caught a clip the other night of Donald on a morning show talking about what's wrong with America and what needs to be fixed. Honestly, I was pretty excited by the end of it. Bring the troops home, only fight where oil benefits America (holy honest Donald, I love it!), work on the American dollar, etc. Basically focus on YOUR OWN COUNTRY. Not other Country's. I thought that was pretty spot on.

    With all that said, I do feel you're right in regards to the publicity factor. His show is having the best ratings in years (I believe) and this type of stuff could only help tune people in who haven't watched The Apprentice before.

    I read somewhere that from March to April polling, Donald moved out in front of all other Republican runners. Likely a bias poll but still proves that people would support him.

  9. #9
    Well I must say, I was one of the many who voted for Obama, because I really thought maybe a fresh approach would help us, but to be quite honest I really wish Donald would run for President. Because at this point he would have my vote. I cant really see to many cons if having Donald as the President. I mean honestly do most really think he could do worse than what is going on right now? Id personally like to see a take no crap president for a change instead of bowing to the wims of the smallest countries around the world.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    Wow. *shakes head* I agree with you... 1000%... for once.

    I know I'm Canadian but I caught a clip the other night of Donald on a morning show talking about what's wrong with America and what needs to be fixed. Honestly, I was pretty excited by the end of it. Bring the troops home, only fight where oil benefits America (holy honest Donald, I love it!), work on the American dollar, etc. Basically focus on YOUR OWN COUNTRY. Not other Country's. I thought that was pretty spot on.

    With all that said, I do feel you're right in regards to the publicity factor. His show is having the best ratings in years (I believe) and this type of stuff could only help tune people in who haven't watched The Apprentice before.

    I read somewhere that from March to April polling, Donald moved out in front of all other Republican runners. Likely a bias poll but still proves that people would support him.
    Out of the Republican possibilities Donald, trumps all others. (see what I did there)

    However I still don't feel he's what the president should be. If Obama runs again I will pick him.
    Edrick Smith
    Film Production

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    399
    Trump is a total protectionist -- not exactly a good quality for a president. He was talking about how he'd put embargoes and tariffs on China and middle eastern countries... And he was talking about how was only interested in going to Libya if we could keep the oil. Wth?

    If the Republicans nominated him, I'd be blown away by their hypocrisy. Trump endorsed Clinton in '08, made donations to many Dem politicians like Rahm Emanuel, wants universal health care, and gun bans.

    I'll stick with Ron Paul. I'll write him in again if I have to.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Smith View Post
    If Obama runs again I will pick him.
    Yeah, because he can't spend enough money, or kill off the middle class in his first term, right?
    Seriously, people like Obama are the reason this country's in trouble. Spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend. Hey, the credit card has been maxed out for years. STOP spending what we don't have!!
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,028
    [QUOTE=Mike12King;7403249]And he was talking about how was only interested in going to Libya if we could keep the oil. Wth?/QUOTE]

    Ummm, isn't that just being truthful?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike12King View Post
    And he was talking about how was only interested in going to Libya if we could keep the oil. Wth?
    Ummm, isn't that just being truthful?
    Sorry, that should read: And he was talking about how he was only interested in going to Libya if we could keep the oil.

    If you're willing to deploy military for oil, then I'm definitely not voting for you. Even if that was the case now, he implied that he would invade a foreign country if he could take their assets.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    I watched him with Piers Morgan and all I say is he's a very idealistic man and full of imagination AS IF he has a magic wand to transform the real world. There's a big difference between managing a business and managing a country.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    There's a big difference between managing a business and managing a country.
    Actually, not that big of a difference, between managing HIS businesses (plural) and a country. At least someone with some common sense would be stepping into the office if he got elected, as opposed to the idiots that think they can just spend everyone else's money like it's nothing.

    Again, I seriously think it's just a PR stunt, we'll see.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  17. #17
    Thanks For the Information....

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Actually, not that big of a difference, between managing HIS businesses (plural) and a country. At least someone with some common sense would be stepping into the office if he got elected, as opposed to the idiots that think they can just spend everyone else's money like it's nothing.

    Again, I seriously think it's just a PR stunt, we'll see.

    Really NOT THAT BIG DIFFERENCE? are you sure?
    Go ahead throw your best argument then let's see.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,193
    It might not be exactly the same, but I'd rather have a business manager than someone who's never managed a thing in their life, like we have now.

    The government really is like a business in very many ways.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    I pity your idea and the fact that you bring the business management ALMOST similar in managing the country. Most of the idealist are driven by their passion because of what they see and experience without even analyzing what is beyond and reason why some leaders do this.

    Let's start...

    America is a democratic country like ours.
    President cannot implement any kind of law without the Yay of the congress and senate.
    His executive order is limited to some extent.
    President cannot immediately Fire someone without due process.
    President MUST be excellent in lobbying the entire population NOT just the biz people.
    President should maintain good relationship in international community (no man is an island).
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Go ahead throw your best argument then let's see.
    Actually, you're the one that's throwing out the concept of it not being remotely close, it's on you to prove it. Running a country financially is very, very much like running a business, however.

    Name one business that's been let go $trillions in debt and is still given money? Ya can't, because they don't exist. Yet, ironically the government is doing just that, and STILL spending massive money on a daily basis, getting involved in wars, keeping military overseas, spend spend spend spend spend. You don't make money by spending money, you make money by getting your fat tail end out of debt. You make money by reducing spending. You make money by trimming the waste.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    When I watched Donald with Piers Morgan...

    Donald says...why are we outsourcing our call center, can't the Americans know how to say Hello with the customers?

    Duh!? This is the typical idealistic businessman who do not even know what he is talking about. Does he even know how much these big companies saved? Is he aware that instead of closing the shop these companies are doing their best to keep it open.
    Last edited by Yujin; 04-19-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Actually, you're the one that's throwing out the concept of it not being remotely close, it's on you to prove it. Running a country financially is very, very much like running a business, however.

    Name one business that's been let go $trillions in debt and is still given money? Ya can't, because they don't exist. Yet, ironically the government is doing just that, and STILL spending massive money on a daily basis, getting involved in wars, keeping military overseas, spend spend spend spend spend. You don't make money by spending money, you make money by getting your fat tail end out of debt. You make money by reducing spending. You make money by trimming the waste.
    My friend you are focusing on the money itself.
    Managing a country is beyond that...
    Company is a private entity - Country is democratic.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    When I watched Donald with Piers Morgan...

    Donald says...why are we outsourcing our call center, can't the Americans know how to say Hello with the customers?

    Duh!? This is the typical idealistic businessman who do not even know what he is talking about. Does he even know how much these big companies saved? Is he aware that instead of closing the shop these companies are doing their best to keep it open.
    Donald is just saying what the people WANTS to hear. His high poll ratings will soon fizzle out. He will not even win the primaries.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    X.400
    Posts
    501
    One thing the majority of you are failing to realize is, the President does not decided on what will happen on their own. They are merely puppets put in place by major Corporations. The days of being a democratic country are over and changed many decades ago. The Presidents we know today aren't true leaders who call the shots but instead put in place and used at the forefront to help convey what the corporations want to take place.

    It's impossible for one man to run a country and make all the executive decisions. It's unfortunate, but in today's world everyone wants Power and for now you get Power and Respect with Money but at what cost?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    ...I know I'm Canadian but I caught a clip the other night of Donald on a morning show talking about what's wrong with America and what needs to be fixed. Honestly, I was pretty excited by the end of it.

    1. Bring the troops home,
    2. only fight where oil benefits America
    3. work on the American dollar, etc.
    4. Basically focus on YOUR OWN COUNTRY. Not other Country's.

    ...

    I understand you when just focusing a country, but the world is made of several countries, which are interdependent.

    1. That would be nice, and I hope it can happen soon. I also wish that diplomacy could considered by every one on this Planet.


    2. "Fight?" Fight for oil or whatever?
    - Would Donald think this manner if his family lived in these countries?
    - Would he like to see his loved ones being executed by a firing squad?
    I don't think so, but...
    If he'd honestly think this manner once his family were on these countries, and if he would highly appreciate to see a squad executing his loved ones, then he has the right to tell such thing.

    - Aren't we tired to see all this "blood on the streets"?
    - Aren't we tired to see coward acts no matter from "whom" and from whatever country it comes?
    - Aren't we tired of these and other things that these "Fights" use to cause?
    I am. I'm really tired of it.
    If Donald is not, maybe he'll become if these things could happen to his family; and I wish it never happen to no one's family.


    3. Work on the American dollar?
    That's great! He also could consider the world economy, once a healthy economy could help every one in every single place of this world, and yes: make the dollar quite stronger.

    That's very simple:
    Let's suppose you have a lot of resources, but the great majority of your neighbors don't - They are in lack of several things.

    Then, you are more likely to have problems than if your neighbors were also in a "healthy" condition. If we could develop the ability to see this planet like a very small neighborhood, I can grant you that the things would be much more pleasant to everyone


    4. "Basically focus on YOUR OWN COUNTRY. Not other Country's".
    That would be very nice if our governors could focus on internal problems, and SHARE the solutions worldwide.

    The world is this "piece of junk" (as many us use to feel) due to the egoism, selfishness, self love, egocentrism.

    The simple act of thinking about something I didn't wish it could happen for me, is a "corrosive" behavior.
    If I'm being motivated by immoral values, what can I really wait from this?

    By way, the simple act of doing something waiting for a reward/reciprocation, is egoism just the same, as "I did thinking about me, about the reward I'd gain".

    I think it is very funny all those companies stating "how good they are doing in their corporate responsibility pages...", "how benevolent and generous they are...";
    and I think myself:

    "How hypocrite I am, by stating I'm so concerned about a cause, when I'm just using this cause to make much more money. Oh, yes, I do care a little bit about it, but will it be financially worth? Will my company image benefit of my action? If so, please, let's provide a handful of dimes so we can benefit of these wretches."

    Hypocrisy... What I'd be doing acting like so, is just the worst case of egoism IMHO.


    So, if Donald is really this kind of person, I wouldn't like he to be the president on any country of this world - Not even in Nauru

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    5,292
    phoney baloney man for president.

    I've vote for a pile of steaming dung before him or Obama.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by LevelHosting Inc View Post
    One thing the majority of you are failing to realize is, the President does not decided on what will happen on their own. They are merely puppets put in place by major Corporations. The days of being a democratic country are over and changed many decades ago. The Presidents we know today aren't true leaders who call the shots but instead put in place and used at the forefront to help convey what the corporations want to take place.

    It's impossible for one man to run a country and make all the executive decisions. It's unfortunate, but in today's world everyone wants Power and for now you get Power and Respect with Money but at what cost?
    Not entirely, we need to understand that one way or another there's goodness in every individual. However, the difficult part is when you are limited to two choices. President can favor class C for example but what will be the reaction of class B and A. President can do the opposite and will just go and on and on. President has to balance every thing whether he becomes the bad or good guy. That's why we call it Politics meaning "relating to citizens".
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    Honestly, I was pretty excited by the end of it. Bring the troops home, only fight where oil benefits America (holy honest Donald, I love it!), work on the American dollar, etc.
    Wow, that's terrible. Really? We should go take over other countries for their oil? Isn't American imperialism already bad enough?

    That is the most disheartening thing I have ever heard from a presidential candidate.

    Also, the dollar will only get better if budget deficits are completely eliminated, "too big to fail" banks are left to fail, and the Federal Reserve becomes defunct. The only guy I've found so far that would do it is Ron Paul.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike12King View Post
    Wow, that's terrible. Really? We should go take over other countries for their oil? Isn't American imperialism already bad enough?
    Who said anything about "take over other countries for oil". The man said "only fight where oil benefits America". He said NOTHING about "taking over other countries". Honestly, this isn't a bad ideal, pulling everyone BACK from foreign soil, and only joining in aid where it benefits us.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Who said anything about "take over other countries for oil". The man said "only fight where oil benefits America". He said NOTHING about "taking over other countries". Honestly, this isn't a bad ideal, pulling everyone BACK from foreign soil, and only joining in aid where it benefits us.
    Same difference. Losing lives over oil is immensely stupid.

    I agree about pulling troops out of everywhere, though. Get the 60,000 out of Germany, 40,000 out of Japan, 30,000 out of SK, 10,00 our of Kuwait, 10,000 out of the UK, etc.
    Last edited by Mike12King; 04-19-2011 at 06:40 PM.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike12King View Post
    Same difference. Losing lives over oil is immensely stupid.
    Yeah it is. So is losing lives for no oil.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

Similar Threads

  1. Donald, Where's Your Trousers?
    By TheDoctor in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 09:38 PM
  2. Should I got see Donald Trump?
    By Derrick in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •