Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

W2 Servers - W2 Interactive - Do Not Buy.. VERY LONG

Hey all,

I signed up for a LowEndBox VPS special for $25.00/year on 1-17-2011 at 20:09pm(8:09pm). I did not recieve the welcome email so I then opended a ticket at 21:31pm(9:31pm) asking what the IP, Login/Pass was for the server. I got a response at 21:38pm(9:38pm) from Kevin J saying he re-sent the welcome email. I recieved the welcome email, and all was swell. I then opened a ticket on 1-20-2011 at 10:26am, asking the price to add cPanel(I didn't add it, just wanted to know price), recieved a reponse from Anthony C at 11:39am.. Once again, all was swell. I opended a ticket on 2-10-2011 at 23:17(11:17pm) regarding updating reverse DNS for my VPS ip, and also I was only getting 18kb/s(yes 18kb/s). I didn't recieve a response until 2-11-2011 at 2:14am from Venu V. Once again, all was swell. At this point I was happy, and everything was great. I then wanted to go to a dedicated server since they offered a excellent deal of basically the FDC Server dedicated server package #2. They offered it for $25.00/month - $300.00/year for 100mbit versus the server #2 package directly from FDC with only 10mbit and being $59.00/month base price. I signed up 3-19-2011 and made full annual payment of $300.00. My dedicated server was setup on 3-20-2011 at 3:55am. Everything was swell once again. I then wanted to change fron CentOS to FreeBSD. W2 Servers wants $25.00 for a one time OS reload, and $25.00 for manual os install for a month(not available I find out) I knew this probably wasn't possible but on W2 Servers website under dedicated server, and then addons they have the option for manual OS reloads $20.00 for a month. I submit a ticket on 4-14-2011 at 14:19pm(2:19pm) asking how long it would take to add to my account, I didn't recieve a response at all on 4-14-2011. I then replied back in the ticket on 4-15-2011 at 13:14pm(1:14pm) asking what exactly is going on, and why support takes so long.. This is exact quote of my ticket,
    Hello?

I'm curious why support tickets take so long to get answered? It says that your support is 9-5, however it's now 1:14pm, and my original ticket was for 4-14-2011 2:19pm.. Also, Why is there never anyone on Live Help? Also, why is there never anyone who answers your phone?
    I don't recieve a response until 4-16-2011 at 13:44(1:44pm) advising that it's not available for the atom servers. I'm basically mad at this point that it has taken 3 days for them to respond to my ticket telling me this. I previously read a thread where someone else was having problems. I submitted a ticket requesting a refund.. I quote my exact ticket I submitted on 4-16-2011 at 11:03am.
    Hello,

I'd like a refund for this dedicated server. I originally purchased on 3-19-2011. I'm requesting a refund of $275.00 which is $300.00/year subtract $25.00 for one month = $275.00.

I'm requesting a refund due to having no support, or customer service, and not being happy with the product. I made a request on 4-14-2011 at 14:19pm(2:19pm), and then followed up on 4-15-2011 at 13:14pm(1:14pm), and have not recieved a reponse. I have tried contacting you via your support ticket center aswell as via telephone at your 1-800 number, and also via your live chat. I have never seen anyone EVER log into the online chat, or be available. I also have never had ANYONE answer the phone, or return calls at your 1-800 number. I'm very scared this is a runaway host, as the owner of this establishment has run away from others before by doing running a company properly, or providing the best service. I originally signed up thinking this would be a great deal, but I have read postings on a message board of others having the same issue, and this company even refunding other dues to not being able to provide services. I recently seen where the Terms of Service has been changed, and is constantly being changed, and reflected to be a "scam", or almost someone preparing to runaway from providing services. This happens alot in the hosting business, and providing absolutely no support is something that indicates this is happening. You claim there is phone support, live chat support, and ticket support Monday-Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm, but you do not respond within those time periods, and you do not provide support. There has never been anyone LIVE to talk to via chat, phone, or ticket support between 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Please refund me the $275.00. I do not want trouble, and simply want reliable hosting, and support that I can count on. I will take the $275.00 refund to the PayPal account justin.philip.dixon@gmail.com

Please do not try any funny tricks, or games.

Thank You,
    myname
    I then recieve a response on 4-16-2011 at 14:00pm(2:00pm)
    Per the TOS, we do not offer refunds.
    http://www.w2servers.com/tos.html

I've reviewed the history of your account and I do not see any tickets support or customer service tickets in the help desk. I only see 1 mis-categorized sales ticket about self managed OS reloads. Could you kindly elaborate more on the issues you are having?

Thanks

Sincerely,

Trae Z.
    Customer Support
    I advise I basically want FreeBSD installed. In the mean time I emailed FDC Servers asking them what they do in the situation that a reseller goes out of business, or leaves someone high-and-dry. They tell me "That's a good question. We handle those issues on a case-by-case basis"

After recieving the response from W2 Servers at 4-16-2011 14:00pm(2:00pm) I email back asking,
    Heya,

I'm wondering why you say that you offer Billing, Sales, Technical
    Support, etc.. 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday but noone is ever on
    Online Chat, Noone is ever answering the phones, and it takes 3 days
    for someone to answer a question. If you could explain that it would
    be amazing. My main issue is that it takes 3 days for someone to email
    me back, and there is absolutely no support it seems monday-friday
    9:00am to 5:00pm..

Also, is it selective refund? Why is it that you have refunded others?
    I then recieve a response,
    4-16-2011 at 14:37pm(2:37pm)
    Well,

We will no longer be offering phone support since we're not raising the prices at this time. It's really important to properly categorize your requests. If your ticket was submitting in the right place you would have heard from us alot sooner. Please ensure that you submit your tickets to the correct place in the future. The TOS was modified about a month ago.

Sincerely,

Kevin J.
    Customer Support
    I email back at 4-16-2011 at 14:44pm(2:44pm)
    Honestly, I don't care what kind of support it is whether it's email,
    chat, phone, ticket system, or whatever, I just don't know why it has
    taken this long for you guys to respond back to both of my responses,
    and why you have a live chat system that has NEVER been used?

I really just want my OS reloaded to FreeBSD, and for you guys to
    respond alittle quicker.
    I then recieve a response, 4-16-2011 at 17:17pm(5:17pm)
    I will put the OS reload request in. I will also waive the fee for you on that as well.

Sincerely,

Kevin J.
    Customer Support
    I then submit a email at 4-16-2011 at 18:15pm(7:15pm)
    Thank you very much for doing that for me...

Can I ask something though? Is support going to be getting better, or?
    I mean support as in actually being available 9am to 5?
    I then submit a ticket on 4-17-2011 at 13:32pm(1:32pm) because I still havent had the os reloaded, or a response to my ticket.(please realize I know 16th, and 17th are weekends and they work periodically, but do not offer consistent support)
    Hello,

I'm wondering how long a OS Reload takes? I was emailed on 4-16-2011 at 5:17pm that the OS reload would be processed. I have not received a response, and the OS reload doesn't take that long. I understand you guys are resellers of FDC Servers, and I previously had the exact same server directly with them. I'm assuming you guys submit a request to FDC Servers to have this done. On FDC Servers website they have 24/7 support, and in the FAQ it lists, "- Q: What kind of support do you provide for servers at your datacenter?
    A: There is a web based helpdesk where customers can submit their support requests 24x7. Our techs can provide server reboots, OS reinstalls and general help if a customer looses remote connectivity to their server."

Once again, Why do you not have strict hours for support? Why is there not anyone available Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm like you claim? Why does noone answer the phone?(You said you no longer offer phone support as of 04-16-2011) If you don't offer phone support why is their a phone number on the front page of the website? Also, why do you not staff, or have someone answering live chat? I have NEVER seen anyone on live chat, ever. Also, I understand you offer "periodic" support on the weekends, but if you tell me a OS reload is going to be done it doesn't take 20 hrs.(as of now).

Can you answer why it takes so long for sales inquiries, and also support issues?

I then to this point.. Still have not had the OS reloaded, and I still have not recieved a response from W2 Servers.

They claim they have live chat. Since Janurary I have seen NOONE EVER on the live chat. I also cannot contact anyone via phone. They also are not replying to support tickets very quickly, if at all at this point.

I know this is long, and if I don't get the OS reloaded, and the pass I'm going to file a paypal dispute within the next week, or so. I want them to make it right, but jesus does it really take this long?

They claim they have support 9:00am to 5:00pm CST. Good luck reaching ANYONE.

PS: I have screenshots of every single support ticket both messages, and responses. My domain is thegarbagedump.net, blu.io, and more.

I wouldn't be surprised that you're running into difficulty with their service. One of the owners has a very, very shady history on WHT complete with disappearing in the middle of the night! Do a Google search for "Lyron Foster" and ByteFortress, Server Support Guys and BFT Global. There are many negative threads around WHT if you look...

Google:

bytefortress site:webhostingtalk.com
    serversupportguys site:webhostingtalk.com

All the bedtime reading you need...

According to W2 Servers I am a abusive customer.. A response to my ticket on 4-18-2011 at 9:41pm
    Justin,
    Please review our TOS. Specifically the sections about abusive clients.
    Your requests are being handled and you will receive a new welcome letter the OS reload is complete.
    Sincerely,
    Kevin J.
    Customer Support
    I reply back, 4-19-2011 at 7:20am EST

Kevin, or whoever,
    How am I a abusive customer? You guys have NO support. I wait 4 days
    for a OS reload, and it still isn't complete? Why is that? Do you not
    resell FDC Servers? FDC Servers directly had this done multiple times
    within 2 days, or less. You do not respond to tickets until late in
    the evening, and sometimes not even until the following day. Once
    again, I ask you why do you not have support Monday thru Friday 9:00am
    to 5:00pm? Why do you not respond promptly? How is it that I have
    written verbal abusive comments, threads, or obscene language? How
    have I made excessive complaints? Is wanting support Monday thru
    Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm CST, and actually getting a response same day,
    or the following morning a complaint? I have no other users other then
    myself so there is noone to reactivate. I haven't made consistent
    errors, or caused unnecessary workload. I haven't spammed your email,
    ticket systems, or servers. I haven't made a late, or bounced payment.
    I haven't issue a chargeback(but this could happen), I haven't
    publicly harassed, or made derogatory/false/exaggerated
    forum/discussion group postings. I have screenshots, and emails of
    EVERY single ticket, and EVERY single response you, or anyone else has
    made totalling 64 different jpeg files with timestamps, authors, and
    ticket numbers, including the day I paid, and my account. I am 100%
    accurate in everything I say, and have said. If you can prove
    otherwise please do so. Once again, I ask for a refund of $275.00, or
    for my service to be setup as I purchased, and for the FreeBSD OS
    install to be completed as you promised. I'm willing to give you guys
    a chance to make this right, as I actually do want the service, but I
    am getting closer to wanting a refund more everyday, and as dirty
    laundry of W2 Servers gets out it scares people. I am going to keep my
    posting on WHT(Web Hosting Talk) complete up to the minute of every
    action. I have the right to do so as it's my business, and personal
    liberty to state facts, and my story.
    Make this right, or refund me. If you don't want to provide service
    from 9:00am to 5:00pm CST Monday to Friday, via live chat, or support
    tickets(that actually get responded to, and action taken within the
    day), or as phone(although you said you dont offer this anymore, but
    still have a phone number on your site) then refund me. My PayPal is
    the same as my e-mail address.
    Thanks,
    Justin
    I quote,
    Abuse Clients
    W2 Servers may, at its discretion, suspend or terminate the service of
    any client/reseller who is financially delinquent, abusive/harassing
    to W2 Servers personnel, or causes general disruption to the operation
    of the company and service of its users. Examples of such activity
    include, but are not limited to:
    - verbal or written abuse of W2 Servers personnel (obscene language,
    threats, etc.)
    - excessive complaints or persistent disregard for alerts, warnings,
    and/or notices
    - repeated reactivation of abusive users
    - consistent errors or administrative changes causing unnecessary workload
    - spamming W2 Servers email addresses, ticket systems, and/or servers
    - frequent late or bounced payments
    - issuing chargebacks
    - public harassment or derogatory/false/exaggerated forum/discussion
    group postings

Did you pay via debit or credit card?
    You can request a chargeback.

It was a debit creditcard...

Quote Originally Posted by bluemer View Post
    It was a debit creditcard...
    Call your bank to reverse the transaction, as you believe the provider to be fraudulent and unable to render service.

OP:
    I signed up for a LowEndBox VPS special for $25.00/year

Am I reading that correctly? You signed up for a LOW END BOX VPS for 25 bucks for the entire year? A VPS for 2 bucks/mo. and you're wondering why you're having issues...

Ugh... Someone make it stop... These threads here are killing me.
    Jeremy Kinsey (jer@mia.net) - 262-248-6759
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Colocation HostDrive.Com
    Since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    What's the problem? Next you'll be telling people to avoid going with providers that are owned and operated by a 13 year old. Have a little faith, and pending failure, sit back and enjoy the show... it's pure entertainment around here!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    What's the problem? Next you'll be telling people to avoid going with providers that are owned and operated by a 13 year old. Have a little faith, and pending failure, sit back and enjoy the show... it's pure entertainment around here!
    additionally; lyronfoster.info is pure entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It's getting worse than DP here..
    Since 1997

It's getting worse than DP here..
    How is this place worse then DP? I don't understand what your point is for $25.00 a year. If someone says they will sell a product for a price then they should do it, or else they shouldn't offer the price. I mean there is hundred of hosting providers charging from 1.00/month to 500.00/month, they all should be expected to provide the services they promise, or GTFO.. Just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by bluemer View Post
    How is this place worse then DP? I don't understand what your point is for $25.00 a year. If someone says they will sell a product for a price then they should do it, or else they shouldn't offer the price. I mean there is hundred of hosting providers charging from 1.00/month to 500.00/month, they all should be expected to provide the services they promise, or GTFO.. Just my opinion...

If you don't understand, nothing I say is gonna help.

The point is, no one in the industry (well no reputable place that has been in business longer than a few weeks/days/months) sells VPS's for $25 per year, or dedicated for $300 per year.

The result of which is displayed by the OP's post here.

What you are saying is that $1 - $500 is apples to apples all the way around from the consumers point of view?

You drink beer fella? You buy bad bear, its gonna taste bad, it's gonna feel bad, and you're gonna have a cheap headache as a result. In the end you have to buy a quality pain reliever to escape the hangover.

Buy good beer, it tastes good, goes down smooth, you feel fine the next day.

Maybe that's not the best analogy.

Anyone out there find a $1000 Z06 (NEW) that's as good as the $100k model? Do you expect the same performance, warranty, speed, reliability?

I just don't follow you at all.. You're new here, and I gather new to DP too.. Give it some time.
    Since 1997

Anyone out there find a $1000 Z06 (NEW) that's as good as the $100k model? Do you expect the same performance, warranty, speed, reliability?

I just don't follow you at all.. You're new here, and I gather new to DP too.. Give it some time.
    Unless Z06 is stolen or dealer is scammer. Also never go buying a Z06 drinking a cheap beer

LMAO
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

The point is, no one in the industry (well no reputable place that has been in business longer than a few weeks/days/months) sells VPS's for $25 per year, or dedicated for $300 per year.
    The fact is, there are some reputable providers selling VPS below $25/year.

OP:

Am I reading that correctly? You signed up for a LOW END BOX VPS for 25 bucks for the entire year? A VPS for 2 bucks/mo. and you're wondering why you're having issues...

I've had quite a few of these and they're humming along with different providers perfectly.
    You should perhaps try them first before spouting such nonsense.

As long as you adjust your expectations accordingly, these are a very useful product.

There was a point in time when free hosting was thought to be impossible, but look at how it is now.
    Sure, it may not be the best quality, but similarly, not impossible.

The result of which is displayed by the OP's post here.

What you are saying is that $1 - $500 is apples to apples all the way around from the consumers point of view?

You drink beer fella? You buy bad bear, its gonna taste bad, it's gonna feel bad, and you're gonna have a cheap headache as a result. In the end you have to buy a quality pain reliever to escape the hangover.
    How is this relevant?
    Simply put, businesses have an obligation to deliver what they promised.

The OP didn't get what he was promised. Period.

Buy good beer, it tastes good, goes down smooth, you feel fine the next day.

Maybe that's not the best analogy.

Certainly not, and you are exaggerating out of context.
    This is merely 50% off FDCs listed price, not a 100 000% difference.

No one should expect it to be the same, but I expect what's promised to be delivered.

OP:

Perhaps, you need to learn to read.

He's complaining about his dedicated box over at W2, the vps 'was running fine', as he quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post
    There was a point in time when free hosting was thought to be impossible, but look at how it is now.
    Sure, it may not be the best quality, but similarly, not impossible.
    Still is. That model never worked. Same can be said today.

How is this relevant?
    Simply put, businesses have an obligation to deliver what they promised.
    Really? Anyone in this business offering up $25/yr VPS's, is giving out exactly what they sold and obligation or not, they seem to be fulfilling it completely from what I see.
    The OP didn't get what he was promised. Period.
    The OP got exactly what he paid for. Period.

Certainly not, and you are exaggerating out of context.
    This is merely 50% off FDCs listed price, not a 100 000% difference.
    Nope, not exaggeration. I read the entire thread. In fact, I've seen thousands of worthless threads like this over the years. This is a case of same $hit, different thread.

No one should expect it to be the same, but I expect what's promised to be delivered.
    I think what was promised at $25/yr was delivered.

When you consider the same service on average is $25 or more per month anywhere else, again, he got what he paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Perhaps, you need to learn to read.
    And you need to relax, sit back listen and learn newbie..

He's complaining about his dedicated box over at W2, the vps 'was running fine', as he quoted.
    $300/yr for a dedicated server... hmmm.. Yeah, I think, I did mention that too.

Is there a reason these crappy threads continue to flourish here?
    Since 1997

Still is. That model never worked. Same can be said today.
    I beg to differ. Simply because the model doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for anyone else. Google has monetized their free hosting* services very well.

* I use a looser definition here. There are definitely no shortage of the stereotyped 'traditional shared host' available for free/advertising.

Really? Anyone in this business offering up $25/yr VPS's, is giving out exactly what they sold and obligation or not, they seem to be fulfilling it completely from what I see.
    Now you're just misinformed. QuickWeb, BuyVM, etc. have all offered this. In fact, I'm more than halfway through my QuickWeb VPS. AND, OP did not have issue with the VPS anyways, so your discussion is... moot?

The OP got exactly what he paid for. Period.
    I don't think you're in any place to judge whether he got what he 'deserved'.
    Nor does that make the behaviour of W2 Servers okay, because it sounds like you're blaming OP for a situation in which he's not in the wrong at all.

Nope, not exaggeration. I read the entire thread. In fact, I've seen thousands of worthless threads like this over the years. This is a case of same $hit, different thread.
    Your definition of worthless clearly differs from mine.
    Thankfully WHT is a liberal forum open to the opinions of many.

I think what was promised at $25/yr was delivered.

When you consider the same service on average is $25 or more per month anywhere else, again, he got what he paid for.
    Once again, who are you to judge he got what he paid for?
    If I sold OP a VPS for a buck a year, that doesn't change the fact that I -AM- obliged to provide him service AS PROMISED for that year, or offer a refund. W2Servers has, according to the OP, done neither.

And you need to relax, sit back listen and learn newbie..

$300/yr for a dedicated server... hmmm.. Yeah, I think, I did mention that too.

Is there a reason these crappy threads continue to flourish here?
    Now you're just resorting to PERSONAL INSULTS.
    Firstly, I'm certainly not 'new'. There are certainly much more I could learn from many on this board, but I resent your insult.
    Secondly, I got a server from WholeSaleInternet for $15/mo (low-speced, P4, but still more than usable), and it was reliable with good service to boot.
    If my math serves right, which having done some economics it usually is, that's less than $300/yr.

P.S. After typing all that I realized I'm just feeding the troll. /thread.

First let me say that I used to be a W2 customer and their services were awesome for the price I paid.
    Secondly you only pay $2/month for the thing. You shouldn't even be contacting the support desk until it's an emergency. If you want the support, buy a managed VPS from a premium provider...

--cP
    Revo4 - The Revolution In Clustered Hosting.
    Redundant H-Sphere Linux Hosting w/ True 99.9% Uptime.
    Why Not Get Started Today?
    corey @ revo4.com

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post

Your definition of worthless clearly differs from mine.
    Thankfully WHT is a liberal forum open to the opinions of many.
    Nah, it pretty much is what it is.

Once again, who are you to judge he got what he paid for?
    If I sold OP a VPS for a buck a year, that doesn't change the fact that I -AM- obliged to provide him service AS PROMISED for that year, or offer a refund. W2Servers has, according to the OP, done neither.
    A buck / month VPS is just that. You're getting just what was promised at a buck per month... That's much different than what is promised at $50/month.

The point you are missing here is that a $1/mo VPS (regardless of whether the service provided is living up to its claim) is not the same as a $50/mo. VPS.

Now you're just resorting to PERSONAL INSULTS.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Its not my intention to hurt your feelings when sharing my experience. If that was the result, then I apologize. Maybe you should find another line of work that is less emotionally taxing?

Firstly, I'm certainly not 'new'. There are certainly much more I could learn from many on this board, but I resent your insult.
    Secondly, I got a server from WholeSaleInternet for $15/mo (low-speced, P4, but still more than usable), and it was reliable with good service to boot.
    1. From my perspective you seem pretty green.
    2. Reliable service is not what's in question. Whether that service is commensurate with the price is.

I think expecting the same high level of service from a low end provider with low end specs and an upfront level of lowered expectations is not the same as you see from a higher priced service with upfront service level guarantees and pricing in line with those claims.

If my math serves right, which having done some economics it usually is, that's less than $300/yr.
    Were you just asking a rhetorical question in the 3rd person?

P.S. After typing all that I realized I'm just feeding the troll. /thread.
    And now the 1st person.

Interesting.

I still have to ask how threads like this are allowed to flourish here.
    Since 1997

I had to threaten these guys with a written up law suit to get my money back.

Watch out! Beware!

(I waited 3months, so good luck!)

well unfortunately i signed up with this company and it's been nothing but trouble and they have not provided what they offered when they accepted my money for the vps and are totally ignoring the support tickets so i have emailed the owner and customer service that if all problems are not fixed withing 24 hrs or my money is not returned in full i will then be issuing breach of contract papers in court.

No matter what one pays for a service if they can not or will not provide it then they are totally at fault legally and i for one will push it as far as it has to go legally to get what i paid for or get my money back

I wish I'd read this thread before sending $300 off to w2servers.

I'm really appalled by the attitude of some people on WHT that seem to think it's quite alright for customers to be screwed over if they're not paying that much.

You can't write off bad service or network/server problems because someone only paid X dollars for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast