Rsyncpalace.com Review

I bought some backup space from Rsyncpalace, the $6/15 gb option. First I would like to mention that the setup was not instant.

Once it was set up I tried it out and the connection was horrible. On my old backup server I could send files over at about 10mb/sec. With Rsyncpalace I get about 50 - 100 kb/sec. At this speed I would be better off using my computer with my home connection to make the backups. I can literally download them faster.

I've contacted Rsyncpalace asking for a refund yesterday and await their response.

I will be switching back to thrustVPS's backup services asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Incurus View Post
    I bought some backup space from Rsyncpalace, the $6/15 gb option. First I would like to mention that the setup was not instant.

Once it was set up I tried it out and the connection was horrible. On my old backup server I could send files over at about 10mb/sec. With Rsyncpalace I get about 50 - 100 kb/sec. At this speed I would be better off using my computer with my home connection to make the backups. I can literally download them faster.

I've contacted Rsyncpalace asking for a refund yesterday and await their response.

I will be switching back to thrustVPS's backup services asap.
    Best of luck with that.

I recently raised a support ticket and Otto responded one week later! I then cancelled my service one week ago and asked for a refund, in line with his terms and conditions and he still hasn't responded since that. Very poor service.

That's a bad experience in you.

Btw, did they mentioned any speed of their backup server?

Quote Originally Posted by last_wizard4 View Post
    That's a bad experience in you.

Btw, did they mentioned any speed of their backup server?
    Who cares about speed with appalling customer service like this? !!

Find someone else

There are other good options like bqbackup.com

Customer service is allowed to fail (sometimes) if everything is working 150%
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Best Of luck on your endeavor for a host.

BQbackup is much better.

I would like to follow up and mention that I ended up using hostigation's $4 vps (25 gig space). The speed is pretty good and the setup was instant. I haven't had to contact their costumer service about anything.

Still no respond from Rsyncpalace.

try http://backup-spot.com/ , they are good and fast .
    24x7 PRO-ACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Now Available The first Support Brand for Startup Hosting Companies

Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Skype us : SyslintSkype | Call us : (+91)6007799

I haven't had any response now either. That's 9 days now and counting. Let this be a warning to anyone who is considering using Rsync Palace, or who currently does. Once you need support, you will be left hanging, so you better hope you don't need support in a hurry if you've a problem with your backups ....

Quote Originally Posted by MrNerd View Post
    Customer service is allowed to fail (sometimes) if everything is working 150%
    I disagree. Customer service is the most important aspect of a business.

The most I can tolerate will be a response within 24 hours and definitely not daysss.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

He's now responded to my ticket.
    Hi Evan,

I can move you on to a new server to resolve this speed issue you're receiving. Please confirm if you would like that, or a refund.

Sorry for any inconvienences.
    -
    Best Regards,
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace
    I responded saying I want a refund. We'll see how long that takes.

He's now responded to my ticket.

I responded saying I want a refund. We'll see how long that takes.
    You might be better completing the Cancellation Request Form
    on http://www.rsyncpalace.com/legal.php in case he tries to squirm you haven't followed procedure.

Unfortunate for me I paid one year in advance and so can't simply cancel my Paypal month sub, so I need Otto to refund me.

Still waiting for him to answer my tickets, 10 days now and counting. I've checked and they appear in his Support desk OK, so he can't claim he didn't get them.

I would like to follow up and mention that I ended up using hostigation's $4 vps (25 gig space). The speed is pretty good and the setup was instant. I haven't had to contact their costumer service about anything.

I'm glad to hear we meet your needs.
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Not sure why you expect instantly setup as highlighted in you different posts. Also speed can be important but did you consider about the security of your personal and important data? Or is this is not important for you what happen with it?
    Online power for online people!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDot View Post
    Not sure why you expect instantly setup as highlighted in you different posts. Also speed can be important but did you consider about the security of your personal and important data? Or is this is not important for you what happen with it?
    I guess I assumed it would be instant as most other things like this are.

When I can transfer the backups to my home computer faster than the backup server speed becomes a problem. I'm making backups every hour, and with rsyncpalace the transfer takes longer than an hour. With the hostigation VPS it takes about a minute.

I think that my webhosting and the backup vps won't get messed up at the same time. As far as security goes my backups are a password protected zip file and the data isn't that sensitive anyways.

I have had a PM from Otto with a bland, no-explantion apology for the wait and asking for my ticket numbers. I've advised him I do not want any preferential treatment and I have not given these. I will continue to post updates of the lack of action from him until my ticket is resolved in due course.

So, now 14 days and still no cancellation affected.

I went to the Hostigation website but can't find $4 vps (25 gig space) plan that you mentioned. It cost $7.99 per mth. If you got it for $4 per mth, it is dammed cheap. How did you manage to get it at discounted rate?

Now 17 days and still no response to my tickets or refund.

Quote Originally Posted by earnmoneysg View Post
    I went to the Hostigation website but can't find $4 vps (25 gig space) plan that you mentioned. It cost $7.99 per mth. If you got it for $4 per mth, it is dammed cheap. How did you manage to get it at discounted rate?
    You can get 50gb for $3/month through virpus. Check the offers forum. BTW, I have had a similar experience with Rsync Palace.. they are the worst of the worst. I used to get sub 10mbps speeds on their boxes so I promptly ditched them.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1038624

Here is the link to the backup space Incurus is talking about

He lowered prices recently what was paying monthly now gets me 3 months and more space. Use it to back up both my dedicated servers.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmaz View Post
    I have had a PM from Otto with a bland, no-explantion apology for the wait and asking for my ticket numbers. I've advised him I do not want any preferential treatment and I have not given these. I will continue to post updates of the lack of action from him until my ticket is resolved in due course.

So, now 14 days and still no cancellation affected.
    The only reason I asked you through PM for ticket IDs is due to the fact that I may have missed your ticket - which seems to be the case now as there are no pending/open cancellation tickets that I can see through our helpdesk system. I cannot give you an explanation without knowing your ticket ID so I can see why it was missed.

Sidenote: the OP's cancellation and refund request was dealt and processed more than a week.
    Last edited by -OY-; 05-01-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

Moved > Specialty Hosting and Markets .
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Hostigation

Quote Originally Posted by teck View Post
    You can get 50gb for $3/month through virpus. Check the offers forum. BTW, I have had a similar experience with Rsync Palace.. they are the worst of the worst. I used to get sub 10mbps speeds on their boxes so I promptly ditched them.
    Thank you for your reply. Are you referring to the offer forum in this forum? If yes, where can I can find the button? If No, what is the URL?

Quote Originally Posted by -OY- View Post
    The only reason I asked you through PM for ticket IDs is due to the fact that I may have missed your ticket - which seems to be the case now as there are no pending/open cancellation tickets that I can see through our helpdesk system.
    That is because you have closed them all at the end of last week without any response or refund! Its easy to say that there's none open when you close them all first before coming here to then say that there's none open!

Quote Originally Posted by -OY- View Post
    Sidenote: the OP's cancellation and refund request was dealt and processed more than a week.
    For Info ... yes, my cancellation tickets have been closed (without responses or notification of updates), my service no longer works (assume it has been cancelled) but no refund has been issued.

I still haven't had any explanation why I did not receive any response to my tickets. It is not acceptable to say that the tickets were missed as the initial general support one which was sent on 8th of April was replied to by Otto on 14th April (6 days later!) but was then ignored when I also asked for a cancellation, as well as my original cancellation ticket on 12 April 2011.

I have responded to your PM.