Hybrid View

Need 15-20 dedicated servers today!

hi all! Neeв 15-20 servers today in USA, quard core, 4-8GB RAM, 160-250GB HDD, 100mbps 5TR traffic, Freebsd. Budget 100-110$ for each server. Servers for our big traffic project. Thanks

Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I think, that you must to look few companies, if you need all servers today.
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

5T may not be big traffic class of servers, unless you are expecting more $100 is well enough budget to start with

I suggest you to contact softlayer or hostgator for this immediate request. But i doubt about their acceptance because your budget is low if you want managed servers.
    I Love WebhostingTalk... zendegiyesabz

Your budget it way too low. Your bandwidth alone is going to cost the provider nearly your budget alone. Then by the time you add the colo and power costs on top of that - they will be giving you the hardware for free. You may be able to find something like this in europe at hetzner or some kids running a company that don't have a clue as to their costs - but no reputable company is going to be able to do this.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Your budget it way too low. Your bandwidth alone is going to cost the provider nearly your budget alone. Then by the time you add the colo and power costs on top of that - they will be giving you the hardware for free. You may be able to find something like this in europe at hetzner or some kids running a company that don't have a clue as to their costs - but no reputable company is going to be able to do this.
    Are you saying Hetzner is run by kids and is not a reputable company ?

Quote Originally Posted by softshop011 View Post
    I dont think that is what they were saying they mentioned overseas company and used them there as a refference and then said or a company ran by kids.

and yes i agree if the company they were to use was doing a colo and did not have their own data center the bandwidth and colo fees alone would eat their profit. If the company they used have their own data center and all they had to provide was the hardware then this woudl be pretty close to accurate cost range i would still thing kind of low due to the amount of ram they are wanting but close.
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by softshop011 View Post
    no - that is why I said - "or"

I don't know who runs hetzner - are they run by a bunch of kids that don't know their costs?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Your budget it way too low.
    Probably true

Your bandwidth alone is going to cost the provider nearly your budget alone.
    He said $100 per server, not $100 for all 15 Besides which, most people asking for X bandwidth in a dedicated server are really using somewhere between 10% and 60% of that allocation. I would be very surprised if he can perfectly balance bandwidth use across all his servers to use close to 5TB without going over.

Then by the time you add the colo and power costs on top of that - they will be giving you the hardware for free.
    I would disagree with this point as well. You can probably make it work just on power, colo, bandwidth, and even hardware if you're willing to put up with a 12-14 month ROI, but where it falls apart is support because it doesn't leave any money left over for that.

The kind of hosts that can offer those kinds of prices probably isn't going to have 15 servers laying around to set up for you in one day. So even if you can find a host willing to rent you 1 server with those specs at those prices, good luck finding one to set up 15 in one day.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    Probably true

He said $100 per server, not $100 for all 15 Besides which, most people asking for X bandwidth in a dedicated server are really using somewhere between 10% and 60% of that allocation. I would be very surprised if he can perfectly balance bandwidth use across all his servers to use close to 5TB without going over.

I would disagree with this point as well. You can probably make it work just on power, colo, bandwidth, and even hardware if you're willing to put up with a 12-14 month ROI, but where it falls apart is support because it doesn't leave any money left over for that.

The kind of hosts that can offer those kinds of prices probably isn't going to have 15 servers laying around to set up for you in one day. So even if you can find a host willing to rent you 1 server with those specs at those prices, good luck finding one to set up 15 in one day.
    To sum it up I think we can agree that it cant be done profitably overall for this price by a reputable and reliable company -regardless of the details that we might disagree on.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

To sum it up I think we can agree that it cant be done profitably overall for this price by a reputable and reliable company -regardless of the details that we might disagree on.
    yes, it would be extremely difficult to offer this kind of service without cutting corners that most people would not want to have cut.

what about 5 servers with 4x- 5x the same specs you are looking at that would be more likely to be able to be handeled by one single company. Also would still fit into your budget in stead of 15-20 you could do 4-7 and still be in the same budget! as a provider i know you might need this many servers for a specific reason just thought i would throw a thought out there that might help.
    Ultra Fast VPS's

We own our datacenters, when did I forget that I started getting everything but hardware for free?
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Quote Originally Posted by CGotzmann View Post
    We own our datacenters, when did I forget that I started getting everything but hardware for free?
    no no, he's implying that bandwidth and colo became free when you started your own DC, all that pesky hardware still costs you money

If you are talking to me. I never said free but I am not going to get into the discussion of what services cost what. But i never did say anything was free. I also do not see how this disscussion will help the OP with what he is needing. I would be more then happy to chat in PM with you about it who knows we even might be able to help each other out. Also do not want the last line to sound mean so please do not take it that way i always want to reach out and network with other people. just want to stick to the original topic here.
    Ultra Fast VPS's

@OP Try the FDC if you are looking for cheap servers.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Oldsan View Post
    hi all! Neeв 15-20 servers today in USA, quard core, 4-8GB RAM, 160-250GB HDD, 100mbps 5TR traffic, Freebsd. Budget 100-110$ for each server. Servers for our big traffic project. Thanks
    They have to be online today? Did you not give yourself any lead time on this big project? Just seems to me for a "big project" you would have known you would need these servers a while back and would at the very least gotten some quotes a few weeks ago or even a few days ago so you wouldnt be rushing today. Hosts only make money if you stay with them for several months...sometimes a year...and when someone seemingly doesnt do any planning in advance that often results in a short lived account with no profit for the host.

Good luck with things. Let us know how it goes.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

Or maybe they are in a rush to move from another DC???
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by THAMAN View Post
    Or maybe they are in a rush to move from another DC???
    Probably but why?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Probably but why?
    That is the several thousand dollar question.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    That is the several thousand dollar question.
    It is!!!! .. lets see what the OP has to say..
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

I'm also curious on why they are needed this fast on such a short period of time
    But any bigger provider should be able to realize this for you.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Quote Originally Posted by ServerBoost View Post
    I'm also curious on why they are needed this fast on such a short period of time
    But any bigger provider should be able to realize this for you.
    If you take a look at the older postings and threads by the OP, you'll see that he always needs servers today and asap...

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    There is nothing wrong with that pricing whatsoever...plenty of available sources for that within the OPs budget.
    I suppose there are servers out there that are still "quad core", i.e. Q6600. I built some of those 3.5 years ago with 8gb ram and they're still chugging along. So for used equipment, I could see it. With modern brand new servers, *maybe* possible on tower servers, and not xeons, but it's still a tight requirement. But in any case, even if you can find someone selling you servers like that, at that price, good luck getting 15 of them in one day.