Plesk VS cPanel - What do you provide?

Okay so today i was sitting and i thought to myself, why does everyone use cpanel? How come you almost never see a web host running plesk?

They do the same thing.

So my question to everyone is, Why did you pick cpanel over plesk? or why did you pick plesk over cpanel? do you offer both?

I think web hosts offering cpanel is of abundance, they pop up everywhere, but yet you never see a plesk seller...
    SupremeBytes, LLC
    █ Shared hosting, Reseller hosting, Dedicated Servers and Virtual Private Servers.

We provide both plesk and cpanel.

CPanel is more automated than plesk. Some customers ask for cpanel in their servers. Also the licensing options also come into play while deciding between plesk and cpanel.

I use cpanel because its easy for my clients to get use to. Plus it runs good on a linux system.

1.Easy to use
    2.Automated
    3.Well spread among the hosting industry
    4.A lot of support groups+easy to figure out+nice costumer support service

Plesk works like ass on a Linux box. I gave up after 3 years, across 3 hosts. (Note: I'm a user, not a hosting provider.) cPanel is far more stable, faster, and never has resource issues like Plesk.

On Windows, Plesk works like a dream. I can't imagine using Windows IIS without Plesk. It makes admin quicker and easier. I don't get it.

The same is true of that cPanel made for Windows, I forget the name. Terrible.
    Last edited by kpmedia; 04-18-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

None of the above.
    What do I support? Given prior horrific history with plesk and their insane way of doing things (forcing their own rpms on everyone), I stand by cPanel. That is, I did, until I learned cPanel has plans to do the very same thing, which completely removes the customization factor of things.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Superb provides both cPanel and Plesk depending on the needs of the client and the setup requirements of the server.

You can override Plesk for a number of things.
    I've "hacked" it to use Roundcube, newer MailEnable, PHP upgrades, etc. Linux and Windows.
    EuroVPS and Futurehosting offer both Plesk + cPanel VPS.

I've read about cPanel "hacks" but not needed to do any to date.

Another decent panel is Kloxo, a freeware alternative.
    I have that with a HostPolar VPS, another good (but new) host.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

i use cpanel for linux server and plesk for windows

cPanel is more user friendly, professional, popular thats why most people use cPanel.

Well, Plesk looks more professional, handles multiple domains way better than 18th century technology of Add-On Domains.

We offer both but we are known for Plesk and put 1 client on a cPanel server for every 25 that goes on Plesk.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Quote Originally Posted by ARPLink View Post
    1.Easy to use
    2.Automated
    3.Well spread among the hosting industry
    4.A lot of support groups+easy to figure out+nice costumer support service
    Because of its popularity, its relatively easy to find some help around. It's also relatively easy to find a tech guy who are capable of handling a cpanel server.

I think that it is important to offer what a customer might need. So despite that anyone might not like any particular hosting automation panel of app, one's company should be offerings it. I prefer cPanel, but when someone needs Plesk or Direct Admin, you should not loose them as customer.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

In my experience cPanel just seems more user friendly, and clients are more familiar with it as it's what "most" hosts use...

If your looking at plesk I would also offer cPanel
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

We used to provide Plesk, but switched to cPanel simply for the fact we had terrible support from Parallels. That was enough for us to call it a day with them.

I would choose cpanel over plesk any day.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

We have been using plesk for over 6 years and no complains. Linux OS
    Hosting and software in Colombia
    https://www.soluweb.co

I offer cPanel/WHM, I just feel it's much more adaptable.
    I also love the little addons like WHM Xtra, Trendy Sitebuilder, and Softaculous/Fantastico... They're great value for money IMO.

We use cPanel, it is easy to use, and we seldom have any trouble with it. I have used Plesk before, I did not like the way it worked. Seemed to complicate things.

Plesk is a very well marketed product and cPanel is used by the masses.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

We use cPanel due to it's ease of use for both us and our clients. We've never had any serious issues with it either and we have never considered moving away from it.

Isn't cPanel more afforable? In the long term anyways.
    I'm almost certain plesk charges you a limit on accounts, but cPanel just gives you a license and lets you create as many accounts as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by idknobody View Post
    Okay so today i was sitting and i thought to myself, why does everyone use cpanel? How come you almost never see a web host running plesk?

They do the same thing.

So my question to everyone is, Why did you pick cpanel over plesk? or why did you pick plesk over cpanel? do you offer both?

I think web hosts offering cpanel is of abundance, they pop up everywhere, but yet you never see a plesk seller...
    I think that cpanel is the best. Its over pleask and other panels. I always prefer cpanel.