VolumeDrive, why can't they get their stuff right for once?

I just had the most stressful weekend of my life, and it's still not over. After 48 hours, they STILL haven't gotten my order right. I want to cry, this is just stupid. I'm canceling the whole thing and getting a refund if they don't get my order right in 3 hours from the time this is posted. Here's the whole story:

Friday, 8PM: Hit "confirm" on the paypal order form, giving them my $28.95, I get a receipt back within a minute or so from VolumeDrive saying that my order has been received and is being processed. I send in a few tickets, one about the fact that on the receipt it says nothing about the fact that I also ordered a cPanel license, I also noticed that it said nothing about what package I actually ordered, didn't ask anything though, nothing gets answered. The next day I send an email from different accounts asking about how long it takes to set up a VPS, nothing gets answered. Angry.

Sunday, midnight: I send this email:
    "Hey!

It's been 30 hours since I ordered my VPS with you. Have gotten zero response from you guys except for a receipt that seemed to have false information on it. You have to get in touch with your customers! Customer service is one of the MOST important parts of running a business! I shouldn't be telling the guys that have been running the oh-so-successful hosting company for however many years, I guess. But whichever. My order ID is 2417, PLEASE get back to me. PLEASE. PLEASE! I'm about to have an aneurysm, the stress is killing me! If I have to wait a full other day I'm going to seriously consider cancellation of my not even started service. Have a SWELL weekend.

Matt"

Maybe not the best written email, but I was tired, and about to burn into tears.

Within mere minutes, I get a response, as follows:
    "Hi Matt

We'll have this processed for you in a few hours.

Thank You
    Josh B
    VolumeDrive"

Awesome! I'm pretty happy all of a sudden. I send in a ticket with a grin on my face, just asking if they had a phone number that I could call. They did not. I shrug it off, and go to bed, still pretty happy, thinking that I'd wake up this morning with my VPS fired up and ready to go. I was wrong.

Sunday, 10Am:

I eagerly go and check my emails, I notice "VPS online" in my inbox, AWESOME.

Get the login information from the email, get on the VPS control panel, and instant grief. I notice that they've got the wrong package set up for me. I had ordered their Package 3 which is 4GB of RAM, and 4GHz of CPU. They gave me 1GB of RAM and 2GHz CPU, and from what I could tell, cPanel wasn't installed. Tried accessting it with both port 2082 and 2083. Whatever. I send them an email:

"HEY!

So my VPS finally went online, after 35 or so hours, good on yah. Except the thing now is that you got it wrong. I have 1GB of dedicated RAM and 2GHz CPU. That's for Package 1. I ordered Package 3. 4GB of dedicated RAM and 4GHz CPU. This NEEDS to be fixed IMMEDIATELY. The VPS is useless to me where it's at right now. If I try to run what I want to run on it, I can almost guarantee that I'll instantly cap RAM and CPU usage. My paypal email is [email protected], you can check and see that I paid $28.95, that's $14.95 for the Package 3 VPS, and $14.00 so I could use cPanel. I'm getting SO fed up with this, VolumeDrive, get this sorted out, right now. If you need the paypal ID, here it is: Unique Transaction ID **don't think you guys need this on the forum.**. I'm not being patient for another 30+ hours, get this fixed before this day ends, or I'm. finding a new provider.

Thanks.
    Matt."

After sending that, I get nothing for a few hours. I send them a new email:

"Don't suppose you guys could reply to any of my messages that were sent within the last few hours? please."

I get a reply from that pretty quickly:

"Hey Matt

We are correcting your account and installing cpanel now.

Thank You
    Josh B
    VolumeDrive"

The next few email exchanges talk about them getting cPanel installed, will take a few hours. Then, it'll be done VERY soon. Then nothing, until JUST now, actually. Just got a new email from them saying that cPanel is installed, let me log in and see if the server details are correct...

Oh, look at that, they've gotten it right. 49 hours later. I'll post back with my review of the actual VPS server in a while.

VolumeHost, get some more support representatives, please. It would be a win-win situation.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with VolumeDrive! 49 hours is a pretty long setup time.

Could be a sign of things to come and might already be time to move on? Or could've been a simple mix up (which still, shouldn't happen on new orders, it's not hard to setup the right package!)

I'm already taking it as a sign of things to come. If I have any further issues like this, I'll just be finding a new VPS.

Well on the bright side you've got your VPS up and running. I'm on a week and 2 days since payment and zero response.
    josh

Quote Originally Posted by joshiee View Post
    Well on the bright side you've got your VPS up and running. I'm on a week and 2 days since payment and zero response.
    Is that with VolumeHost?

Recently, VolumeDrive had huge dedicated server sales. Looks like they are still busy setting up servers.Whatever, it is 48Hours to setup a VPS is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Huts View Post
    4GB of dedicated RAM and 4GHz CPU (...) that's $14.95 for the Package 3 VPS(...)
    VolumeHost, get some more support representatives, please. It would be a win-win situation.
    While I can certainly understand your pain, I wonder how many support representatives you figure a company could pay for with cheap deals like that?
    Or, in other words, I suppose that for such a deal, you'd have to be willing to wait a while and be willing to skip most any support.

What Logain said, certainly that sucks, but it was the weekend and you're paying 15 bucks for a 4GB VPS (!).

Quote Originally Posted by [CTI] Todd View Post
    What Logain said, certainly that sucks, but it was the weekend and you're paying 15 bucks for a 4GB VPS (!).
    Hell yeah. I better get a 4GB vps for 15usd with no support then pay 2 times more for 2-3 tickets answered per half year

Such poor harassment made me laugh

I'm not being patient for another 30+ hours, get this fixed before this day ends, or I'm. finding a new provider.
    Yeah TS, go find another host with such prices and don't forget to update us
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

Why would you expect anything to happen?

IMHO, monitoring/supervision is one thing, but signing up new customers is nothing you should ever take for granted during the weekends..
    Please do the needful..

Is that with VolumeHost?
    yup it is.
    josh

Their inability to spend $15/mo on a support ticket system should tell everyone something.

Quote Originally Posted by speckl View Post
    Their inability to spend $15/mo on a support ticket system should tell everyone something.
    It's not their inability to spend the money on a ticket system, it's their ability to finish coding their own system. I have been with volumedrive for almost 2 months and couldn't be happier.

My support tickets get answered in a timely fashion. I would NEVER expect instant support for the prices I pay. If people care so much about support response time, don't expect a Lexus at a pinto price (I'm sure that term has been used before). All in all volumedrive is great if you know how to manage a server or vps. If they hire more staff, expect their prices to go up.

I send in a ticket with a grin on my face, just asking if they had a phone number that I could call. They did not.
    Sure they do:

http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=20...e&showARIN=fal

Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    I wonder how many support representatives you figure a company could pay for with cheap deals like that?
    I'm pretty sure there is only 2 guys working there

@Huts,

Your order was missing information during the sign-up process. Once your account was delivered and you informed us about the wrong package, we glady corrected and updated it for you.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Quote Originally Posted by speckl View Post
    You caught us. With thousands of clients and being in the industry for over 5 years, the $15 really has been a monumental amount in implementing a fly-by-night ticket system.

Quote Originally Posted by joshiee View Post
    Something is seriously wrong here. Please open a new inquiry with info.

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    With thousands of clients and being in the industry for over 5 years
    you really should have more than one MX for your domain

Quote Originally Posted by cAPTAIN^k View Post
    you really should have more than one MX for your domain
    Thanks for the tip! Next time we do a infrastructure overhaul, we'll be sure to consult your professional opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cAPTAIN^k View Post
    How is that backlog going by the way?
    Looks like you've answered your own question.

Smile

I've send a ticket and answer came in just about 10 minutes.

I'm still waiting for my new VPS to be delivered after 36 hours but for the price I have paid, I have nothing to say about it.