Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW WHMCS V4.5

Meh, Ubersmith is still better.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Hi,

Have checked the PDF.They have done some big things in client panel.....
    Waiting for live demo...

Prabhu Rajan.
    Transition to wordpress today!!:wordpressmonk.com
    Contact us -Hotmail :[email protected]
    Gmail :[email protected]

Nice updates! Looks great!

Ubersmith is alright, but really isn't affordable for everyone, nor is its functionality necessary for everyone.

Utilizing both CE and WHMCS been pretty impressed with the advances of both as of late.
    Adam Piatek - CTO Ritmo Technology Group
    Dedicated Servers, Web Hosting Solutions Ventrilo Servers
    adam (at) ritmohost (dot) com

Quote Originally Posted by adamnp View Post
    Nice updates! Looks great!

Ubersmith is alright, but really isn't affordable for everyone, nor is its functionality necessary for everyone.

Utilizing both CE and WHMCS been pretty impressed with the advances of both as of late.
    It's quite affordable actually, it starts at $129.95/month now. If someone can't afford that then they shouldn't run a business.

I agreed Jacob Wall point.But Ubersmith is mainly for DC right? it's quite expensive too, How can it bearable for medium customers?

Quote Originally Posted by abacies View Post
    I agreed Jacob Wall point.But Ubersmith is mainly for DC right? it's quite expensive too, How can it bearable for medium customers?
    They've made it a more well rounded product, but it's definitely targeted towards companies that have their own equipment no doubt.

The price is very affordable now since they've redone their pricing structure, I don't think paying $129.95/month for a billing solution is a bad deal.

Awsome! the new prorata setting update looks great, and the fixed term product termination will be nice. Over all it looks great! just makes me think of how epic V5 will be

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    They've made it a more well rounded product, but it's definitely targeted towards companies that have their own equipment no doubt.

The price is very affordable now since they've redone their pricing structure, I don't think paying $129.95/month for a billing solution is a bad deal.
    Again, keeping in mind whether or not ubersmiths featureset is needed for you or not....

Why would anyone pay $129.95 when paying $18.95 covers all the bases? You're point is well taken if you need all those features, but for say someone in the business of selling banners there really is no need for software like this.
    Adam Piatek - CTO Ritmo Technology Group
    Dedicated Servers, Web Hosting Solutions Ventrilo Servers
    adam (at) ritmohost (dot) com

Quote Originally Posted by adamnp View Post
    Again, keeping in mind whether or not ubersmiths featureset is needed for you or not....

Why would anyone pay $129.95 when paying $18.95 covers all the bases? You're point is well taken if you need all those features, but for say someone in the business of selling banners there really is no need for software like this.
    You'd be insane to pay $129.95 if you were selling banners, I was more talking towards the shared, vps, dedi, and colo companies. There's no debating, if any company does any decent amount of cash($1M+) they're not going to use WHMCS. I can't think of any company, but burstnet, that uses WHMCS for billing when they'r ebig.

http://www.ubersmith.com/pricing/

They don't even list the pricing anymore. How would I know if they are going to charge me $129.95/month or $2,000/month for the software?
    Last edited by M Bacon; 04-17-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    http://www.ubersmith.com/pricing/

They don't even list the pricing anymore. How would I know if they are going to charge me $129.95/month or $2,000/month for the software?
    Erm, I don't know why I wrote $129, meant $149*

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9...10417at749.png

v4.5 looks to be another great release from Matt and the WHMCS team. Keep up the great work guys!

Heck, I'm all for WHMCS rasing their product pricing if it will ensure they don't turn into what ModernBill turned into

P.S. I would take WHMCS + internal development of complementary systems over Ubersmith any day.

The new WHMCS does look quite promising. Very much looking forward to it's release.

It's quite affordable actually, it starts at $129.95/month now. If someone can't afford that then they shouldn't run a business.
    I had to log into WHT for the first time in forever to just point and laugh at this retarded statement. Come on man...

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by subigo View Post
    I had to log into WHT for the first time in forever to just point and laugh at this retarded statement. Come on man...

Carry on.
    If you can't afford that much, you shouldn't run a business. Seriously.

Erm, I don't know why I wrote $129, meant $149*

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9...10417at749.png
    Thats for DE ? also, there is huge setup fees that should be paid upon signing up.

You can get reseller hosting with WHMCS for around $20/month & web hosting for businesses for around $5 to $10 a month. Should they be not running a business then?

Ubersmith and WHMCS are targeted at completely different audiences and designed mainly for completely different roles. There is virtually no comparison.
    SSDVirt - SSD VPS Hosting
    Dallas • New Jersey • RAID10 SSDs • 1Gbps • OpenVZ & KVM
    GarrisonHost - Premium High Performance Hosting
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting [soon] • SSL Certificates • Domains

Hi Mates,

At last John Lin said the exact point.We cant compare WHMCS and Ubersmith.

The $100 spent between WHMCS and Ubersmith could be better spent elsewhere, in my opinion. Advertising, licenses for addons, etc.

Different strokes for different folks. A Cadillac won't necessarily make someone a great driver.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

The new whmcs looks amazing alot of changes to the client area and i can't wait for the new release i will just need to modify my theme to work with it hehe but its due to be released in may i believe

Can't wait for it. I just gotta make sure there aren't to many changes.

Quite a few features I've been waiting for, this updates looking good.

Woo can't wait
    | AuzzHosting - Coming soon!
    | 24/7 Support, Small Enough To Care, Quality Networks, Instant Setup.
    | Europe | Uk |More Locations Coming Soon

Great
    waiting for demo and planning to upgrade it

I'm still not seeing the support for multiple coupons on a specific order / product

Why would anyone want Ubersmith? Its interface is awful, it doesn't integrate with any of the commonly used control panels, it costs a bomb, it's difficult to migrate to, it doesn't come with order forms, they don't offer owned licences so you're locked in, etc etc. WHMCS kicks ass.

I found Ubersmith to be pretty inadequate for us at the time we were talking to them. They were going to charge $450/mo plus charge a $2500 setup fee for the instance plus another $1000 to integrate SolusVM.

WHMCS is the clear winner. Not only on pricing, but features and ease of navigation.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

There are some big companies using ubersmith. I don't care for it personally, but it must work for some people. I agree WHMCS is great, but I guess to one their own.

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    There are some big companies using ubersmith. I don't care for it personally, but it must work for some people. I agree WHMCS is great, but I guess to one their own.
    Well, and honestly, and as its been stated on this thread already, WHMCS and Ubersmith are in two different markets. All data centers that we have equipment with use Ubersmith.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Seriously? Ubersmith runs $130/month? That's not "affordable" by any means.

As far as the "ubersmith is better" remarks? Sorry, not buying it. HOW long did it take those idiots to put in php5 support? Yeah, sorry, they can't claim "we're not going to support this" when it's their primary language. I have to create my own order forms? Yeah, think again.

Ubersmith is utter trash. There is absolutely NO WAY the dev team can compete with the small business that is WHMCS, though they'll charge 10x more a month just to use it.

<edit>
    Back on topic, this actually looks pretty decent for WHMCS. I'm impressed once again that Matt has come up with a very decent product in such a short time, and KEEPS updating it in a professional and timely manner. No way can ANY other billing client (including the horrible Ubersmith) say they actually update as much as WHMCS, OR put more into their product.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I'm extremely excited about this new announcement. Speculating that it will enhance the already-powerful management portal. Bring it on, WHMCS!

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Seriously? Ubersmith runs $130/month? That's not "affordable" by any means.
    Ubersmith isn't designed for the small hosting compaies (no offence but the typical resellers you see on WHT).

It's designed for the big players and data centers alike, you can tell that just by looking at the features they build in.

To people of that size $130/month isn't even considered an expense, they spend more on coffee a month (a lot more )...
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

For basic shared and reseller UberSmith probably isn't worth the extra cost. It really targets a whole different market.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

I think ubersmith is mostly aimed at "big datacenter providers such as colocation, dedicated servers, etc".

Most of my colocation providers all use ubersmith.
    I do also believe there was a one time fee before they changed to monthly fee. It might've been a better price with the one time fee.

I don't know why WHMCS doesn't charge more. There's nothing else even close that does what WHMCS does, they could easily charge $30-$45/month and double their profits.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

I am really looking forward to the new order forms. They look to be easier to navigate.
    BlazeForce Web Hosting
    Affordable Web Hosting - Fast and Reliable
    Domain Registration - Affordable Domain Name Services

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    I don't know why WHMCS doesn't charge more. There's nothing else even close that does what WHMCS does, they could easily charge $30-$45/month and double their profits.
    History is against that. Modernbill used to be the defacto solution for web hosts for years. A disastrous V5 launch, price hikes, and eventual acquisition by Parallels gave WHMCS the opportunity it needed to pick up everyone looking for a new solution.

There is plenty of competition to WHMCS around, and if they did decide to raise prices further, I think it would yet again leave the market open for a new, cheaper competitor to emerge dominant.
    Alasdair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast