Looking for a new hosting provider (UK) - can you help?

So, my VPS provider is unfortunately closing up shop at the end of the month, which means I need to find a new home (quickly)! I'm a n00b when it comes to server admin, so I need a provider that is able to help me transfer from my old service to the new one. Ideally, I'm looking for a service provider that's been established for at least a year or two.

This is what I'm running at the moment:
    Cent OS 5.6 with Webmin/ Virtualmin. Apache, Postfix, Dovecot, BIND and a few other bits.

These are the specs that I need:

1Gb RAM
    2 IPs
    UK-based data centre

I'm happy to do most things myself, so I'm not necessarily looking for a managed service, but if you can offer informal help and advice on occasion, that would be a bonus.

At the moment, I'm paying around 9/ $15 per month with my provider. If you can offer something for the same (or less!) I'd be happy with that, as I'm really on a tight budget (hosting comes out of my food budget!).

So, can you help?

Have you checked the burstnet.eu? I just ordered their service. Seems that they are old company in USA, new provider in EU, but I don't believe, that they are planning to close their business in next few years in EU. Their price isn't the lowest, but not the highest too.

Do some googling.

Quote Originally Posted by jsp_1983 View Post
    my VPS provider is unfortunately closing up shop at the end of the month
    At the moment, I'm paying around 9/ $15 per month with my provider
    Can you see the correlation ?

What is it you need a managed VPS for that has no budget ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

How much Bandwidth you need?

Hi

Are you also looking for a uk company/uk call centre support??

Do you use CPanel at the moment as it may make it easier for you to move your vps websites over
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

It doesn't necessarily have to be a UK-based provider - just that they have a UK-based data centre. I've never made use of telephone support, as I'm quite happy with just using email support. To be honest, I don't often raise a support ticket.

I don't use cPanel (the licence is a cost I can live without), but Webmin and Virtualmin are used instead - Virtualmin allows the export of virtual servers (as well as the import of cPanel accounts).

Bandwidth isn't much of an issue for me at the moment, so I'm not expecting a large amount of it as part of any service I can sign up to.
    Last edited by jsp_1983; 04-17-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    Can you see the correlation ?
    Thank you for the helpful reply! Tell me where I can find a money tree and I will gladly adjust my budget.

Thank you for the helpful reply! Tell me where I can find a money tree and I will gladly adjust my budget.
    You can get 1GB with 2gb brust VPS UK Based in your budget, no need to adjust your budget..
    Just use search buttn..

http://www.burstnet.eu/linvps.shtml

VPS PACKAGE #2
    VPS Software: vePortal™ / OpenVZ™
    CPU: 1500MHZ GUARANTEED
    Memory: 1GB GUARANTEED
    Disk Space: 50GB (RAID BASED CONFIG)
    Bandwidth: 1000GB/MONTH
    IP Addresses: 2 (IPv4) + IPv6
    Management: BASIC MANAGED
    DDOS Protection: CISCO™ GUARD
    FREE SETUP 7.95/MONTH

do some googling you will find lots of service provider that suits your need in your own budget.