Suggestion: improve help desk response times

Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying that WHT is a great place to be and I appreciate that it is maintained by volunteers who do their very best - I'm hoping this thread will get some exposure and won't be closed.

The ticket system, from past experience (I can provide ticket numbers if requested) and from seeing various other threads around is woeful in terms of speed - seems that it can be weeks or even months before your ticket gets any update from a member of the WHT team and as a paid member, I find that ridiculous.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of 'Priority Ticket Support' for paid members, with a response time of 72 hours at the most. How you guys achieve that, I'm not sure - perhaps you could take on more volunteers who have the sole responsibility of operating the help desk?

That's my suggestion, it is the one thing that causes me frustration as a member of WHT, and I'm sure I won't be alone...

Side Note: Please remember this is a suggestion thread, and to prevent it drifting off topic and being closed, please don't post things like "please look into ticket #3981934", remember - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=863637
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SercoNetworks View Post

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of 'Priority Ticket Support' for paid members, with a response time of 72 hours at the most.
    Are you suggesting that paid member's issues are more important than anyone elses?

From memory, yours is a name change ticket. Name changes take the lowest priority of the hundreds of tickets awaiting attention, as it is privilege we grant.
      0 Not allowed!