My so far bad experience with W2Servers

It's been exactly a month since i made the mistake of registering with w2servers.

It took them over 2 weeks to get my vps up and running and around another week (3 weeks) to actually send me my vps details, so i could use it (which required me to babysit them via multiple emails to get such a basic point across).

After that stage i figured id just get a refund, if the service is that bad, and the support is that useless at supporting you, the network will be a bad place to stay. So i requested my refund, giving them very specific details, including to terminate my account immidiately, and i also reinforced this several times in several different emails.

The final message i have recieved from their support was that the refund is being process to an account i told them to avoid processing to. Ontop of that, guess what, they still have not terminated my billing, so I'm going get get charged again between today and tomorrow the amount they refunded me, because they, as simply as i can tell, Can't remember or are too inconsiderate to press a button to cancel the service.

For a service that 'appeared' to be of a quality company, its quite the facade. I've never had such bad support, service and quality of a product. I would never recommened this company, but perhaps other people have just fluked in with ease of luck.

I'm not even sure if i can persue a refund with this company. It seems to have a support team of 1 person, and that person seems pretty incompetant at their job, so for karma's sake i'm sure their life is going to go down shitcreek sometime soon for being inconsiderate, greedy people.

There are multiple other issues i raised in another thread, but to be honest im so over this drama and ********.

Anyone else that uses them with success - Good for you, you must have got in on both a good server and a good time. Support isn't 'too' timely, it simply sucks at doing its job.

Anyone that plans to use them - do some more research, find reviews on that company and cross your fingers that they will care about you and your money.

Another review of them, sorry to hear your bad experience. 3 weeks of setup seems to be too far from being acceptable.

Don't forget to report your IP or domain to the moderators. Good luck with your next provider.

If it has been a month since you signed up, were did the extra week come from with 2 weeks to provision and 3 weeks to inform? New math or something?
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

I requested a refund.. They refused.. I paid for a year... Support sucks.. They did offer to give me a free manual reinstallation which is basically them emailing fdcservers to have new os reinstalled. They said they were going to start the os reinstall process yesterday at/around 3pm,4pm, 5pm or even earlier... I still haven't received a welcome email with the new root pass, and they actually haven't reinstalled the new os yet...

I wouldn't sign up with them if I was anyone who wanted support.

I did email fdcservers asking them what would happen if w2 servers did go out of business, and they left me high-and-dry and they said.. good question, we do this on a case-by-case basis. I do remind you they resell fdcservers...

Quote Originally Posted by mitgib View Post
    If it has been a month since you signed up, were did the extra week come from with 2 weeks to provision and 3 weeks to inform? New math or something?
    I'm not sure you understood what he said.

It took them over 2 weeks to get my vps up and running and around another week (3 weeks) to actually send me my vps details,
    He meant that it took a total of 3 weeks to have the VPS setup including getting the VPS information.

As for the OP, it certainly is a long time to setup a VPS considering that the setup time is one of the first impressions that a host can present to his customers.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingX View Post
    I'm not sure you understood what he said.

He meant that it took a total of 3 weeks to have the VPS setup including getting the VPS information.
    Thanks, that is much clearer now. Back to increasing caffeine intake
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter