Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Dathorn 8 years review

My oldest reseller account with Dathorn is dating back to 2003.
    I found about Dathorn here at WHT and decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. Excellent support and very reliable servers from the first day til now. Andrew is very dedicated to his business and he's always on top of things and has tight control over the servers and system resource usage. If you can live within his TOS then this is one of the best service providers you could find if not the best one.

Garo

WOW 8 YEARS?

That's amazing, have you reported your domain?!

I reported 5 reseller accounts to the moderator.

I confirm that Garo has provided several domains that he's hosting at Dathorn, and upon further research I've even found a domain he's been hosting there since 2004.

Epic! Nice work there.
    UnixHost.Org - Shared Unix Hosting - Reseller Hosting (NEW!)
    █ Fast LiteSpeed servers, affordable prices - Paypal accepted
    █ 24/7 Online Support by trained and qualified admins
    █ Contact us: sales@unixhost.org

8 years is quite impressive. Ive used like 20 providers in the past 8 years.

EPIC, Good work Dathorn! I would definitively recommend you!, this is like eight reviews in one[?] hehe..
    Whitesystem.NET, LLC. root [at] whitesystem.net
    Pure SSD cPanel-based Cloud Shared, Reseller Hosting.
    LiteSpeedTruly low Populated Servers10 Years Hosting Experience
    Fast and Friendly multilingual (Spanish and English) Support www.whitesystem.net

WOAH!!! That is a really long time, and I envy you. Since then up to now I've gone through 20 different people for a Reseller. That is something impressive. Just woah....That is EPIC Cool. Srsly.
    ██ J.Mike Duff -http://www.cheetahhost.net
    ██ Dedicated/Shared Hosting/Reseller Hosting
    ██ Web Hosting, Money Back Guarantee! 100% Uptime Guaranteed! 24x7 online Support.
    ██ Gone Green 100% Powered Source CheetahHost LLC.,

Amazing review! 8 years! wow!

Hah, a lot of thumbs up reviews for quite a few hosts, but this one is special. 8 years! Great job to you and Dathorn!
    Live the day in courage |

8 years is amazing!

It does not surprise me at all. It's dathorn.

I was with them for 6 years. Solid

I think their web site design and solutions are same for years. Now they must change it according to me.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

I just wanted to refresh this thread and report that it's been 11 years since my first reseller account signup and I'm still with Dathorn and I'm still very satisfied with the support and servers reliability/performance.

Congrats Garo!!!!!!!

Dathorn, bookmarked.
    Cybernes Hosting: Hosting Cusco

Never heard of Dathorn until today, but being in a host for 8 years that is simply amazing.
    Gelhost.com - AMSSGelNet LLC - We Protect Your Dream.
    Action Develop - We Take Care Of Your Dream.
    Call Us - (888) 607-3070
    Quality On a Budget! - Shared | Reseller | VPS Hosting

+1 for dathorn from me

10GB Disk Space
    100GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Domains
    $13.50/mo.

That's not particularly cheap - its not even SSD .... their prices seem to be years behind peers
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

It's nice to hear that, they seem great but for hosting static websites. Their largest plan Is 30GB Storage + 300GB Bandwidth. However Big Up Darthon
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Garo View Post
    I just wanted to refresh this thread and report that it's been 11 years since my first reseller account signup and I'm still with Dathorn and I'm still very satisfied with the support and servers reliability/performance.
    Thanks for the update Garo! It's been a fun 11 years!

Quote Originally Posted by The Broadband Man View Post
    10GB Disk Space
    100GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Domains
    $13.50/mo.

That's not particularly cheap - its not even SSD .... their prices seem to be years behind peers
    I suppose that's a difference of opinion. We've been in this business plenty long enough to know that competing solely on price and outrageous quotas is not for us. Our goal is simply to provide an amazing service and our clients that have been with us for over 10 years, like Garo, can speak to this.

Indeed our servers are not pure SSD but SSDs are certainly being used for all core services and data, like MySQL. We've constantly upgraded our servers over the years and already have plans to transition to pure SSD storage. That said, there isn't going to be a great deal of real world difference between that and our current servers given the level of our hardware and overall utilization of it. We'll appreciate the smaller chasis and lower power consumption though.

Quote Originally Posted by Donn View Post
    It's nice to hear that, they seem great but for hosting static websites. Their largest plan Is 30GB Storage + 300GB Bandwidth. However Big Up Darthon
    I was unaware that only static websites would fit in a 30GB/300GB account. Your average Wordpress / Joomla / whatever website doesn't use many resources at all. We do offer plenty of different custom plans, including dedicated servers, to accomodate our clients that do genuinely require more resources.
    Dathorn, Inc. - Premium cPanel/WHM Hosting since 2002! Check Out Our Blog!
    Experience the Dathorn Difference! - andrew@dathorn.com
    LiteSpeed | Clustered DNS | CloudLinux | CageFS | KernelCare | Imunify360
    Pure SSD Storage | Off-Server & Off-site Backups | Softaculous | SpamExperts

It must feel very great to not worry about your host for 8 yrs, I've used their reseller service before a couple months ago and it went well and smooth for the whole period of time.

Hope all goes well in the future for you and Dathorn.

11 Years is an eternity in web hosting! Great to hear that there are providers out there that can build a reputation AND maintain it for the long haul.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorn-Andrew View Post
    Thanks for the update Garo! It's been a fun 11 years!

I suppose that's a difference of opinion. We've been in this business plenty long enough to know that competing solely on price and outrageous quotas is not for us. Our goal is simply to provide an amazing service and our clients that have been with us for over 10 years, like Garo, can speak to this.

Indeed our servers are not pure SSD but SSDs are certainly being used for all core services and data, like MySQL. We've constantly upgraded our servers over the years and already have plans to transition to pure SSD storage. That said, there isn't going to be a great deal of real world difference between that and our current servers given the level of our hardware and overall utilization of it. We'll appreciate the smaller chasis and lower power consumption though.
    There's a difference between not overselling / providing service and overpriced. Luckily, webhosting customers are the slowest to move and end up staying for a while since they're the least discerning.

You host with Softlayer and let's say you have 10 accounts

1000 GB of bandwidth and 100GB of storage for $139.99

There is no reason why that represents value to your clients ... those prices are out of date pure and simple.

A $200 dedicated server typically gets you 2 cpus and 4 cores each so 8 cores. 8 GB of RAM and probably a 250GB - 500GB HD with 2000 GB of bandwidth at a PREMIUM provider.

Everyone knows market rate for non-SSD storage is about 10 cents a GB ... and that's on SAN Cloud hosting not locally hosted cPanel webhosting.

I gotta give it to you guys for being able to pull the wool over your clients eyes
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast