A few questions about Domains

I recently stumbled upon domain flipping, and I'm wondering where to start off at. I have an idea about a domain name, but it seems to cost $12 to register a .com.. Also, when Godaddy says theres a transfer out fee, does that mean to another domain registar, or is it free if I transfer the domain to another member's account in GoDaddy.?? Also, are there any more up to date guides out there for domain flipping? Because the only one I could find was back in 06. THANKS GUYS! :]

If your old domain is important for you, I mean if its related to your business then transfer option will be better.

Godaddy is asking Fees for the Flipping the Domian from one user to another, and if you are in need of new domain name then it will cost you $12 for .com Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by benjohnsonfs View Post
    Godaddy is asking Fees for the Flipping the Domian from one user to another, and if you are in need of new domain name then it will cost you $12 for .com Domain.
    I see they offer plenty of new coupons everyday. I have a feeling Godaddy will have some coupon for the renewals also. So I'm sure that will be less then $12.

If your domain is important for you or your business and need to be transfer they will charge for it but $12 costs more than a new domain! Check with your domain provider's support team!

do you know the exact charges for tranfering.

Quote Originally Posted by douchbeni View Post
    I see they offer plenty of new coupons everyday. I have a feeling Godaddy will have some coupon for the renewals also. So I'm sure that will be less then $12.

i never heard of transfer out fees if change the registrar of the domain name but it will bring troublesome if you transfer here and there. Even they provide you free migration but will cause you down time and time taken.
    If not necessary , then better not change because of cheaper prize. Because it may cause you forget to renew your domain when it expired and you will able to loss your domain name.

Check out domaining.com and you will find a lot of resources to help you out!

That's rubbish. GoDaddy (or any good registrar) will never charge you a transfer out fee.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by douchbeni View Post
    Godaddy does in fact have coupons that work for domain renewals.