Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
    Name Server: NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
    Name Server: NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
    Updated Date: apr-2011
    Creation Date: mar-1998
    Expiration Date: mar-2012

I have read somewhere that I should go to snapnames and place a bid if i want the domain.
    If I place a bid, do I have to pay $69 as soon as i place the bid?
    Do i have to wait until march 2012 to know the result if i won it??

Quote Originally Posted by shinjikenny View Post
    Name Server: NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
    Name Server: NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
    Updated Date: apr-2011
    Creation Date: mar-1998
    Expiration Date: mar-2012
    Pay it now, if you want to have a chance. It's not expiring in a year, it will be rather soon, most likely any day now.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Back order is an option but it does not mean the domain will be yours.
    Hosting and software in Colombia
    www.soluwebcolombia.com

For the safety of your funds you should avoid making any payment, you may loose it. Better you try after expiration date (March 2012).

Quote Originally Posted by humawebdesign View Post
    For the safety of your funds you should avoid making any payment, you may loose it. Better you try after expiration date (March 2012).
    This isn't very good advice. March 2012 is way too late.
    When domains enter the expired/redemption state, they have a year added by the registrar, just to keep it from dropping, and isn't permanently added. It goes into a period of being renewable for just the regular fee to being able to recover it for a large fee, and finally to pending delete where it will be released soon.

While in the first two stages, it's usually shown with ads to try and monetize the name's traffic. When it reaches that final stage (roughly 60 days after expiration, depending on registrar) it will be pointed to "PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM" and after ~5-7 days, dropped.
    Look to the April date that it changed most recently for that, and it may be within the week from then it drops.

expired domain

I want to buy expired domain names... Which sites are best for find & buy expired domian name.. I searching for it then found lots of people are making money by buy or selling expired domian names. any one plz give me more details plz about "How to make money by buying or selling expired domian.."

I used to be in the expired domain business when people still didn't know much about it and used to forget about renewing them. Nowadays it is way more difficult, since many more people are in that business and more overall knowledge is available. Even so that a domain has expired, it doesn't mean that you straight away can bid for it as the owner has almost 6 Month to renew it. Pages like dropday.com are definitely helpful, but it means that not only you know the dates and time of domain expiration but also others.
    You might get lucky every now and then, but if you have no strategy of what do to after you bought one then the money was spend for nothing.
    Definitely good luck and tell us how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by tobaria View Post
    Back order is an option but it does not mean the domain will be yours.
    Yes, back order just provide you a chance to buy the domain after it expired, it can't assure you can own the domain.

You can also use Godaddy's Auctions. They usually put their expired domains under the fire sale category.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneWilson View Post
    Yes, back order just provide you a chance to buy the domain after it expired, it can't assure you can own the domain.
    And if you do that within 30 days - you will have to pay registration fee only for that domain name.

you mean they will not charge any extra amount? But I heard they charge a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    And if you do that within 30 days - you will have to pay registration fee only for that domain name.

If you success to bid it, you not only need to paid the price of bid, you may need to pay extra to renew it. when is the end of bid date? make sure the the expired domain name wont be open to market anymore. Or not you will get nothing in the end.

I have a question that is related to the subject but might not fit in 100%. I'm working for a company called Nimsoft and I noticed, quite a while back, that somebody has bought our domain name Nimsoft.de without making any use of it. Understandably, I had been in contact with the person and had offered to buy it of him. However, after a couple of Emails back and forth has that person decided not to sell it any more, "as he found a great use for this space", and broke all communication up.
    I had all my German pages running under a subdomain, like this Redhat Monitors page, and was hoping to move it over.

ANYHOW, what options do I have now to get my domain back if buying is not an option anymore?

after Domain expired --> auto renew grace period (0 -45 days) --redemption grace period (30 days) -->pending delete (5 days) --> released (available)
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit

I have read somewhere that I should go to snapnames and place a bid if i want the domain.
    If I place a bid, do I have to pay $69 as soon as i place the bid?
    snapnames, pool, and namejet all offer bckorders. You pay when they catch the domain for you.

You don't have to wait until March 2012, the domain will drop and be caught between 45-70 days (roughly) after the April 2011 date.

i checked the whois info of an expired domain name
    I'm curious, what is that status of this name now? Has it dropped or been snatched, still unchanged...?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasabell View Post
    the owner has almost 6 Month to renew it.
    Based on what? I've seen a max of about 90 days, and that was the longest as it went to auction. The upper end is about 75 days, or 2-1/2 months.
    Where do you get 6 months from?

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I'm curious, what is that status of this name now? Has it dropped or been snatched, still unchanged...?
    here:

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
    Name Server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
    Name Server: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
    Updated Date: 21-apr-2011
    Creation Date: 06-mar-1998
    Expiration Date: 05-mar-2012

does that mean sedo owns it now? or someone else do?

Parked at Sedo likely means it dropped and was snatched. If the date it was first pointed to "pendingrenewaldeletion" was roughly one week before the 21st, it's gone.

If you go to the domain, does it go to a sedo page?

I am agreeing with bear here. If it changed to sedoparking, they either renewed it, or it dropped and got snatched.

You could still put an order in at NameJet or so just to be safe. They won't charge you a penny until they snatch it.

Is there any benefit of buying an expired domain? and if we had made a bid for expiring domain, but we unable to have it then will the company refund our money....