Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* virpus.com VPS -Horrible experience, terrible service policy

I don't like to be abused. Any one of us don't like to be abused.

But if customer service is not customer friendly, is abusing?

Lets see an example.

1. Your service is suspended. Without any kind warnings. Period.
    2. You are sure that's not your fault.
    3. You are submitting ticket to Technical Support
    4. You have to wait for hours to get attention.
    5. Finally Technical Support claims, that this is not their department issue, you have to submit new ticket to the Billing Support. They are not willing to forward your problem to the right department.
    6. Figures out, that there is some kind system misbehavior
    7. You have actually already paid for service.
    8. Your service remains suspended until Billing Support wiling to deal with the issue.
    9. It's Saturday morning and you are losing probably 2,5 days until your issue is solved.

This is how Virpus service is built up.

1. Your service is suspended without any warnings
    2. They don't give for you reasonable time to react to avoid service suspension
    3. If you send appeal to the wrong department, as you don't know exact reason, they don't forward your ticket to the right department
    4. You are losing time
    5. You are losing recourses by dealing with support requests

This kind approach to customer service is abuse of customers.

• Virpus, Are you willing to change this approach?
    • When?
    • How?
    • Really?
  0 Not allowed!

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with Virpus daho. Keep in mind Virpus is a budget provider, you get what you pay for and unfortunately I believe they only have sales Monday-Friday. I used Virpus in the past and never had any issues. Did they say why they suspended your account?
      0 Not allowed!

There are always two sides of a story. I am sure Virpus will have a slightly different version of yours.

P.S.
    Why is it that so many people register on WHT just to bash someone?
      0 Not allowed!

Hi there,

Mind sharing some information to identify you? Ticket ID, your name? Feel free to PM me this information.

We typically never just suspend a customer with the explanation of 'we decided to randomly suspend you without a reason'. In fact, WHMCS has a built in module that allows us to give an explanation during a suspension process and also send that explanation to you.

Please shoot me a PM or simply reply to this thread with some info.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    I am very sorry to hear about your experience with Virpus daho. Keep in mind Virpus is a budget provider, you get what you pay for and unfortunately I believe they only have sales Monday-Friday. I used Virpus in the past and never had any issues. Did they say why they suspended your account?
    Hi!

Thank you for response!

You are correct, they are budget provider. Thats why have chosen to try their service. The story is ha I have written. Sadly some due some system misbehavior my account was suspended, no any warnings. I have used for years various web based services, including the hosting related services.

This is first time, when I get suspended some web based service without any warning. For my customers, depending at the service type, i give 5 to 30 days to react, before applying any service denial/suspension acts.

It's not reasonable to switch off service without any warning in advance. I'm happy that I don't have any business critical services installed on their VPS yet. But imagine, if your business critical service is switched off, without any access to information which you have on server and you don't have any clue how long will takes to get service back. Providing VPS or DS or WHS service, should keep in mind, that affected are more people than on customer, customers of your customers are affected too.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by VN-Ken View Post
    Hi there,

Mind sharing some information to identify you? Ticket ID, your name? Feel free to PM me this information.

We typically never just suspend a customer with the explanation of 'we decided to randomly suspend you without a reason'. In fact, WHMCS has a built in module that allows us to give an explanation during a suspension process and also send that explanation to you.

Please shoot me a PM or simply reply to this thread with some info.
    Thank you for response, Ticket #872761 opened at 04/16/2011 07:42, still remains unsolved.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by daho View Post
    Thank you for response, Ticket #872761 opened at 04/16/2011 07:42, still remains unsolved.
    872761 is a support ticket which was handled correctly. They instructed you to open a billing department since they do not handle suspensions. Billing is only in from M-F 8 AM to 5 PM Central Time.

Edit:

It looks like the order was initially flagged as fraud, and multiple orders were submitted. You were asked to submit a manual payment via PayPal, and it looks like this payment was applied to the wrong invoice. I've corrected this at this time and your service is now unsuspended.

Also, the system automatically sent you an e-mail with an overdue notice - so you did get some form of an explanation as to why it was done. If you are not getting our e-mails, then please add an alternative e-mail on file, and add our e-mail address to your whitelist.
    Last edited by VN-Ken; 04-16-2011 at 02:44 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Also, we do not allow for tickets to be forwarded across different departments, as this will actually slow things down once our offices did open. We require separate new tickets to be opened should the issue be related to a different department. This is the reason our techs asked you to open a new ticket with the concerned department.
      0 Not allowed!

lies!

872761 is a support ticket which was handled correctly. They instructed you to open a billing department since they do not handle suspensions.

Edit:

It looks like the order was initially flagged as fraud, and multiple orders were submitted. You were asked to submit a manual payment via PayPal, and it looks like this payment was applied to the wrong invoice. I've corrected this at this time and your service is now unsuspended.
    I dont like lies.

Lets look the facts!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110416-0001.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	18921 - Proof of payment
      0 Not allowed!

daho,

I don't appreciate your attitude. I think I did very clearly just say that you did make payment but it was applied to the wrong invoice.

So what the heck are you talking about, and why are you approaching this situation with pure attitude?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    I had too then I left, and didn't notice something BIG during that period.

But their customers, however, seems to always be VERY ANGRY and even radical, when they open a complain about it
      0 Not allowed!

daho,

I don't appreciate your attitude. I think I did very clearly just say that you did make payment but it was applied to the wrong invoice.

So what the heck are you talking about, and why are you approaching this situation with pure attitude?
    Lets face the facts:

1. I ordeder the service
    2. You made the invoice available for payment for me
    3. I paid the only invoice which I had available for payment, related to the ordered service
    4. You opened the service after payment
    5. You suspended the service without any waring and actual reason
    6. You are claiming that this is my fault now, that you have misbehaved.

I can put all documentation available to here if you want so?

Problem is your attitude, not mine.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Violetli View Post
    I had too then I left, and didn't notice anything BIG during that period.

But their customers, however, seems to always be VERY ANGRY and even radical, when they open a complain about it
    As proven by this very thread I'm glad you had a decent experience with us however.
      0 Not allowed!

Lets face the facts:

1. I ordeder the service
    2. You made the invoice available for payment for me
    3. I paid the only invoice which I had available for payment, related to the ordered service
    4. You opened the service after payment
    5. You suspended the service without any waring and actual reason
    6. You are claiming that this is my fault now, that you have misbehaved.

I can put all documentation available to here if you want so?

Problem is your altitude, not mine.

You could post all the documentation you wanted. The facts don't change. NO ONE is disputing that this was an error on our part. You DID make payment, but the invoice you made payment on didn't apply to the service that was made active, as I'm now saying for the third time. Thus, the system did suspend your service, which again, had to deal with the invoice that was paid - our fault.

I'm not sure what more you want, but if you continue to rant on, I will ask that you cancel your service and move on to another hosting provider.
      0 Not allowed!

Finally resolved

My issue was finally resolved. But I don't think this is the best way how such issues should be handled, trough public forums.

Instead of thinking from your own perspective, please listen me, your customer too!

This thread never happened if:

You never close/suspend/terminate the service without appropriate warnings by offering time for both sides, you and me (your customer) to handle the issue. Suspending the service without the warnings and clarification time, is abuse of customers.

This is how Virpus service is built up based on my experience:

1. Service is suspended without any warnings
    2. Virpus don't give for you reasonable time to react to avoid service suspension
    3. If you send appeal to the wrong department, as you don't know exact reason, they don't forward your ticket to the right department
    4. You are losing time

• Virpus, Are you willing to change this approach?
    • When?
    • How?
    • Really?

• I'm excepting some real answer for these questions, instead of blaming my attitude.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Violetli View Post
    I had too then I left, and didn't notice something BIG during that period.

Sadly,I don't know much about other customers experience. On my case, when service was suspended without any warnings, I don't see the reason to be happy. Especially if getting the issue solved quickly, is out of reach.
      0 Not allowed!

You could post all the documentation you wanted. The facts don't change. NO ONE is disputing that this was an error on our part. You DID make payment, but the invoice you made payment on didn't apply to the service that was made active, as I'm now saying for the third time. Thus, the system did suspend your service, which again, had to deal with the invoice that was paid - our fault.

I'm not sure what more you want, but if you continue to rant on, I will ask that you cancel your service and move on to another hosting provider.
    Well put, Virpus are right in what they are saying here. They are a budget host and did make a mistake, but they have corrected this, so why are you still going on?
    TheHostGuys.co.uk - We price match any UK Based Hosting Business!
    Company Number - 09177361
    VAT Reg No - 195 5495 57
    AS Number - AS201033 (We are a fully registered RIPE LIR)
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

This message is proof, what I'm telling - your approach to the customer experience causes bad experience. You are aimed for your own policies and rules. I didn't ordered the service for having this kind dispute. Provide what your customers except. I believe, that expectation to have in time warned before suspending any service, is normal and good business practice. Your current policy and service configuration causes bad experience, this is not my fault. You shall understand this.

For second your last sentence shows really well the nature of virpus.com service - you are not willing to deal with problems, you are punishing customers. This kind claim is abuse! Why you threatening me on this manner? Because I'm sharing my experience?

I'm experiences online services users. I haven't met this kind approach until now. This case shows weaknesses of your service - real customer experience isn't properly aimed. You are aimed for technical aspects of your service, but we are humans, and you shall provide peace of mind too!
      0 Not allowed!

Sadly,I don't know much about other customers experience. On my case, when service was suspended without any warnings, I don't see the reason to be happy. Especially if getting the issue solved quickly, is out of reach.
    My own experience was normal, even though many reviews from other users where not. Then I terminated and got another budget replacement which I thought at the time was better for me.

And I don't say anything about your issue, but I'm talking in general that many seems to be very angry when they complain Virpus. But I may be too if my VPS was ever terminated with no warning, in any host, even if I don't open a thread. So, I'm not blaming you.
    Signature
      0 Not allowed!

From what i see on Virpus's site they are using WHMCS. WHMCS does send multiple automatic emails about overdue invoices and following service suspension (unless they disabled these). Did you receive these emails or not?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDavies768 View Post
    Well put, Virpus are right in what they are saying here. They are a budget host and did make a mistake, but they have corrected this, so why are you still going on?
    Thank you for response!

From my experience, I'm saying:

1. Viprus service is suspended without any warnings
    2. They don't give for you reasonable time to react to avoid service suspension
    4. You are losing time

• My question is, does Virpus willing to change this approach?
    • When?
    • How?
    • Really?

• Suspending/shutting down the services without clearance time and appropriate warnings is SERIOUS PROBLEM! Does not matter, is service provider budget hoster or not.

I'm willing to forgive. If I wasn't, I was sending the claim to paypal for getting my money back and thats all. I'm willing to give to them the second change, but I would like to KNOW HOW, they plan to avoid this kind experience in the future. Are they willing to listen their customers and make changes in service policies.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    From what i see on Virpus's site they are using WHMCS. WHMCS does send multiple automatic emails about overdue invoices and following service suspension (unless they disabled these). Did you receive these emails or not?
    To answer your question, yes, a suspension notice was e-mailed, which the reason was "Suspension Reason: Overdue on Payment" as would be normal based off the details I've already posted.

daho,

We have sent you an e-mail regarding our account. Based off this thread, this relationship isn't going to work. I don't mind a thread, but if you're going to open one, you need to be OK when a resolution is met, and at least try to understand what happened, instead of calling us liars and ranting on with attitude even after a resolution has been met.

You're not the ideal customer we'd like to have, and therefore, as a business and as per our Terms of Service, we are choosing to limit our liability now than later. Your service will not renew after the end of the billing period that you have paid for.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    Hi! Thank you for response.

1. I ordeder the service
    2. I tried it 3 times due the errors on order form
  • I contacted with them by informing about the issue
  • I asked them to remove invalid orders and delete them, and leave the only one
  • They made manually the invoice available for payment for me
  • They didn't remove invalid orders
  • I paid the only invoice which I had available for payment, related to the ordered service
  • They opened the service after payment
  • They suspended the service without any waring and actual reason

• Yes there where several messages.

Name:	110416-0004.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	18923

Name:	110416-0005.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	18925

Now they are canceling the service for me, as I made the case public!
      0 Not allowed!

It appears Virpus did do something stupid here - they setup their whmcs cron job to run at 0:00. It is much better to change this to a different time, like 9:00 or 10:00 am - i.e. a time when their offices are open and someone (from billing/management) can read through all these automatic emails whmcs is sending, and possibly spot errors, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

To answer your question, yes, a suspension notice was e-mailed, which the reason was "Suspension Reason: Overdue on Payment" as would be normal based off the details I've already posted.

daho,

We have sent you an e-mail regarding our account. Based off this thread, this relationship isn't going to work. I don't mind a thread, but if you're going to open one, you need to be OK when a resolution is met, and at least try to understand what happened, instead of calling us liars and ranting on with attitude even after a resolution has been met.

You're not the ideal customer we'd like to have, and therefore, as a business and as per our Terms of Service, we are choosing to limit our liability now than later. Your service will not renew after the end of the billing period that you have paid for.
    Then refund the money. I didn't want service for 1 month.

I will publish facts about your service on virpus-circus.com in the near future and opening the free anonymous speech opportunity for all your customers on this site too. I'm going to keep eye on your service. I don't like this kind personal attacks.

I'm experienced online services user. I have ever met such approach to customer problems.
      0 Not allowed!

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast