Thumbs up help relating webhosting stuffs

if we r using web hosting services to host our dynamic website
    then what we gonna do by sitting at back end

(for eg: do we have to manage database by deleting older post to acquire space to accomodate new stuffs)
    plz explain

and 1 more thing do we have to keep a different server for image , webpages , database help me also explain the stuff
    i m a newbie

Every web host now provides lots of hosting space so no need to delete old files/posts and you need only one hosting account for all types of files, images,database etc.

Quote Originally Posted by naved View Post
    if we r using web hosting services to host our dynamic website
    then what we gonna do by sitting at back end

(for eg: do we have to manage database by deleting older post to acquire space to accomodate new stuffs)
    plz explain

and 1 more thing do we have to keep a different server for image , webpages , database help me also explain the stuff
    i m a newbie
    The answer is: it depends. Not much help, is it?

There are very some sites that have their databases and images on separate servers; sites like Amazon.com or some other e-commerce site might do this.

But if your site will be like 90% or more of the sites, a single web hosting account will work fine for you. A shared hosting account is one where you share space on a server with dozens, hundreds or even thousands of other websites, even though they all have their own web address (URL). That is where most people start for personal, hobby or even small business websites.

The shared account will allow you to use certain resources of the server. Typically, it includes physical disk space, a data transfer allotment (called "bandwidth), databases, etc. If you are in that 90% of sites I spoke of earlier, your website will work on one of these accounts.

Dynamic or database driven sites are very common now. Usually, there is a control panel or utility to manage the database. Some designers create proprietary database driven sites that require their help to do things like delete records, change phone numbers on any of the pages, etc.

But common database driven software, like Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress (and hundreds of others) have an administration section where you log in and complete most of the tasks you need to do for that software.

On a higher level, the web host often provides a control panel such as cPanel, Plesk or others, that allow you to do management of the web space itself. You can do some common things like add email accounts, "park" another domain name so it "points" to the same web space (i.e., the .com and .net version of your domain name), and keep track of your visitor statistics. The control panel can also provide access to utilities to manage databases, compress them, etc.

As your site grows, it may need more resources from the server. The web host can usually accommodate this. Sometimes, a site gets very busy and needs to move up to a platform with more resources, such as a VPS (virtual private server) or a dedicated server. These cost more, but give more.

That's a taste of what's available.

thnx buddy really help full

and 1 more thing do they provide extra software or utility so that my server side programmer will do the necessary changes or update my dynamic website day by day.....