Resell dedicated servers

I'm looking to start at reselling dedicated servers, and I'm looking for a stable company with good reviews.

Please post me some links/advise

I know that server.lu cuts setup fee for resellers,
    from my own experience server.lu has a top-class DC.
    You can check Leaseweb too.

Sorry forgot to state that I'm looking at UK.

On some sites they dont say they resell dedicated servers, would that mean they dont do it or that I would need to contact them personally for that sort of information?

The best thing to do is contact them because they may not list that you can resell on the site, but they may actually allow you too.

Look around google for UK hosts then check reviews to make sure they are a decent host.

As Jake said, best thing to do is contact them. A few things you may want to look for when reselling servers:

The host owns their own hardware
    Rent their own Racks OR have their own Datacentre
    Utilise a high speed redundant network
    Have reliable support (sure you'll find reviews all over these forums for many hosts)
    Craig Messer - www.veloxserv.co.uk
    VeloxServ Communications Ltd - Company Number: 07357707 | VAT Number: GB 119 7652 89
    UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Rackspace, Web Hosting & Managed Services
    Wolverhampton and London UK

The bigger hosts have some reseller plans available.
    Did you already look at some UK providers in the advertising section on WHT?
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

Look at redstation.com , they seems to be big in UK.
    Time4VPS - flexible, worry-free, fast and affordable VPS hosting in Europe.

Thanks for reply's

If I was looking to purchase a dedicated server outright and co locate it, is there any good sites out there I could get some prices for dedicated server ? Apart from dell themselves

Check out TailorMadeServers.com

They have a very good reseller program. Their service and support are both top-notch. The discounts are quite good as well. They are in Dallas - servers at Colo4Dallas DC.

Quote Originally Posted by daviolinist12 View Post
    Check out TailorMadeServers.com

They have a very good reseller program. Their service and support are both top-notch. The discounts are quite good as well. They are in Dallas - servers at Colo4Dallas DC.
    He is looking for something in the UK. But I do agree, Jose does run a tight ship over there.

Do you want to resell unmanaged or managed dedicated servers?

When you resell servers you should consider the risk of the business. After payment processing costs at 3% or more depending on payment processor, you will be operating at slim margins. Let's say you make $20 per month for 1 server that costs you $100 from the provider. If that person chargeback, you just lost 5 months of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by chasebug View Post
    When you resell servers you should consider the risk of the business. After payment processing costs at 3% or more depending on payment processor, you will be operating at slim margins. Let's say you make $20 per month for 1 server that costs you $100 from the provider. If that person chargeback, you just lost 5 months of profit.
    If you try finding a reseller which gives great pricing, then you can make the profit margin a bit higher and not have it be that big of an issue.

I am also agree with you if you will contact them you may get get better option and a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsongreen View Post
    The best thing to do is contact them because they may not list that you can resell on the site, but they may actually allow you too.

Look around google for UK hosts then check reviews to make sure they are a decent host.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2011 View Post
    Thanks for reply's

If I was looking to purchase a dedicated server outright and co locate it, is there any good sites out there I could get some prices for dedicated server ? Apart from dell themselves

UK server availability is limited and more expensive as pretty much everything is imported.
    We find that buying from the US, and shipping to the UK ourselves, is much more cost effective.
    No import fees in the UK for computer parts/servers, and as long as not in a huge rush, the shipping costs are not horrible in comparison to the hardware savings.

Do you have a link to site were you can purchase cheap servers and import them to uk ?

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    UK server availability is limited and more expensive as pretty much everything is imported.
    We find that buying from the US, and shipping to the UK ourselves, is much more cost effective.
    No import fees in the UK for computer parts/servers, and as long as not in a huge rush, the shipping costs are not horrible in comparison to the hardware savings.
    Depending on the amount of servers you buy / turnover. We receive around 45% off RRP from Dell in the UK.

Also depends on the type of hardware you're using.
    James Little Operations Director Dream Servers Ltd

Dedicated Servers - Colocation - IP Transit - Data Storage - Managed Services - Cloud Web Hosting - Cloud vServers