Anti Cheat Client for Games

Hello,

A potential league/tournament is being slowly built. I have no knowledge of how to make an anti cheat to catch people using "cheats" in games such as counter-strike source. The client would also work with a website and it's database of users where users log in to the anti cheat client and the client checks to verify that their unique game/steam id that they use when playing is the same that they entered in the website.

If anyone knows how, please let me know and we could possibly work something out.

Well, depends on your budget.

You would most likely end up paying a developer at least a 100 grand for something in this nature. This isn't even a high number in this type of thing... Blizzard entertainment spent millions on the development and research of warden (there anti cheat system) which is a polymorphic antihack system. And warden can be easily bypassed. Antihacking is a NEVER ending battle. Your code needs to be updated nearly every single day or at least once a week if you want to battle and win, which it will always be a never ending battle however. You're pretty much out of luck if this isn't something you can develop on your own. There is a lot involved with something like this. However there are some products out there that battle this. Punkbuster being one, and then you have nprotect. Which nprotect is something you can actually buy premade. But even then, you can write a hook to any game to bypass nprotect with less than 10 lines of code.. lol. I honestly suggest playing a game that is supported by punkbuster since it is actively developed.

http://global.nprotect.com/index.php

^ don't ever use anything nprotect/gameguard/xtrap/hackshield. completely useless and the rootkit they load doesn't ever get removed, and runs near continuously.

The right thing is not to prevent cheating, but to "report" it.

Punkbuster issues hardware bans if you mess with it.
    Gameguard just either reboots, causes a BSOD due to its terrible code, or does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post

The right thing is not to prevent cheating, but to "report" it.

Why would I report cheating if I am making a league. That makes no sense. And to the person to said it would cost 100grand, you are wrong. www.ESEA.net. Their anti cheat is the best anti cheat available for gaming leagues. It costed 2grand to develop and I am looking for something half as good.

All it needs to do is detect and ban users with blacklisted cheats or compare the hl2.exe and verify that nothing has been changed and take screenshots periodically.

If you can catch them and get their Steam ID, then they can no longer access your server. If you're not planning on running your own server, some software could check against your database and prevent the player from joining. Once they're detected, they're banned and they're on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplisticServers View Post
    Why would I report cheating if I am making a league. That makes no sense. And to the person to said it would cost 100grand, you are wrong. www.ESEA.net. Their anti cheat is the best anti cheat available for gaming leagues. It costed 2grand to develop and I am looking for something half as good.

All it needs to do is detect and ban users with blacklisted cheats or compare the hl2.exe and verify that nothing has been changed and take screenshots periodically.
    I mean that the 'right' way to do it is to have the anticheat system silently tell YOU what's going on, not to immediately just boot the user from the game.

Additionally, esea's AC is easily bypassed by most aimbots, so the point is moot anyways

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post

Additionally, esea's AC is easily bypassed by most aimbots, so the point is moot anyways
    Any user using aimbots or any type of exploit using esea's anti cheat client does not last for more than a week. I challenge you to link me to someones profile on esea who is cheating. if they are cheating, they always get banned within a week.