YouPlay.fm is a unique music application for the web 2.0 era. It allows visitors to vote for the radio programming each hour, every hour. Users can drag and drop songs from the song library in the order they want to hear it and vote amongst themselves to generate how the songs will be played and in what order.
The site can be easily modified to any genre or niche. The only thing that needs to be modified is the song database (the music files themselves). YouPlay.fm does require a few components in order for it to function outside of the regular website and hosting, outlined below.
The site does have a basic admin interface for managing playlist rotations and tagging songs in the database. The site is 100% fully automatic and does not require any maintenance to operate once configured.
Reason for selling:
I took the site down as I was going to have a second round of development where it was going to make use of youtube API to totally eradicate the need for music source files and streaming service in the same way moof.com does.
I think it is important for any buyer to know a seller's reason for selling a site. I am simply interested in pursuing newer projects and no longer have the time needed to build this site further. Ideally, this site would be sold to someone with the time and passion to really take this idea much further than I have and to really reap the profits it can provide.
What you will need for operation:
- Web hosting with PHP5 / MySQL (any VPS or dedicated will do, shared hosting not recommended)
- SAM Broadcaster or other radio broadcasting software (one time fee, see this site for details)
- Computer system or server to run SAM Broadcaster (this can be any computer connected to the internet, a Windows VPS is recommended but not required)
- Music files (you can get these any way imaginable...your personal CD collection, your existing MP3 collection, etc)
- Streaming hosting service (we use EGIHosting.com, very cheap services, 50 listener slots for $50/month)
Other costs for operation:
For legal reasons, you will need to pay royalties for the music played on your station. This is handled automatically by a service called LoudCity.com which the site is already configured for using. The cost for this is very minimal, ~$50/month.
Total cost for operation: ~$150/month, including hosting (web and radio) and licensing fees
In-stream ads are available and can be done through SAM Broadcaster, on-site advertising is also possible.The options are endless and the outlook to make money from this site are endless.
What you get:
- Domains (youplay.fm and youpick.fm)
- Full Symfony Source Code
- Design assets (PSD, IA, FLA)