Email to SMS providers - Any suggestions?

I have discovered that Sprint's SMS paging system does not let an individual receive a page if that person is part of a group receiving pages. For example, if I sent to:

[email protected] &
    [email protected]

The message gets dropped by Sprint. But if I email the Sprint address directly, it works.

My question is: Is there a provider where I can email the provider, and they'll pass the message on to the carrier? Like [email protected] and it sends the message? I believe I'd be able to send messages that way.

Paid companies are fine, as I can ask the two impacted employees to pay for this. It is for 1-2 pages per day. The company doesn't want to pay for it. Thanks!
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I have no clue on the service, out of curiosity have you tried creating a mailing list or forwarder? A forwarder with a few addresses would hide the other addresses and might get around it.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

Clickatell works well for me. I use the http gateway but they have email-to-sms too.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by eth00 View Post
    I have no clue on the service, out of curiosity have you tried creating a mailing list or forwarder? A forwarder with a few addresses would hide the other addresses and might get around it.
    I used a forwarded for T-Mobile before, as they'd block if I sent to more than 3 people at once. I only needed to send to 4, but that was too much. I opened tickets and called them to see if I could get whitelisted, or an increase. Got nowhere.

In this instance, Sprint has some setup where if they see anything else in the To: field but their own address, it never gets delivered. A forwarder still contains something they don't like. No NDR is generated. I get they're trying to block SMS SPAM, but their methods are weird. Sprint's government support wasn't able to explain why this happens either.

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Clickatell works well for me. I use the http gateway but they have email-to-sms too.
    Thanks! I'll look into that.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Netcore is a company in India which provides such a service. You can get details from http://www.m3m.in.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

There are many companies that provide this service i.e. Email to SMS. I'm using services of TextMarketer.co.uk, it integrates Wordpress Contact Form too apart from simple email to sms service.

Let me know if you have any question!

check out the wiki page for a useful list of SMS Gateways:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways