Can anybody help me to develop a business Plan?

I am getting ready to start writing my business plan, but there are a lot of questions in this business plan that I need to answer. I was wondering could anybody point me in the right direction of how and where to get the resources to do market research for the web hosting business to make this business plan as accurate as possible? This business plan is already going to take a good amount of time to complete. I sure hate the fact that I have to learn how to do research in order to write this plan. That's learning 2 new trades at the same time. Can anybody help me shorten this process? Example: ebooks, videos, etc. Please tell me how you went about writing your business plan and if you had to do it all over again, what would you do different, what tools would you use, what resources would you use, are there any new tools that came out after you had completed your plan. ANY and ALL advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated and maybe even a sample plan would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Hey Shakirthankful

Are you writing a business plan because you plan to go to a bank or other financial facility to get a loan or is this a school project or??

The reason I ask is because if you are not going to go after financing then their really is no wrong way to write a business plan in fact you might not even want to wast too much time writing a business plan if you are not going to be seeking VC.

The best place to get help depending on if you are here in the US or not would be your local small business administration office. With them you can make an appointment to meet with someone (free) and they can help you with everything from writing your business plan, potentially even sales forecasting which is what most need help with. You could also check out your local chamber of Commerce as their may be a fellow small time host that would be a member that could answer some of your questions

You should read a book by 37signals titled "ReWork" they have a good explanation on why most people should not waste their time on writing a business plan. Again unless you are planning to walk into a bank and ask for money :-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    just a programmer

Yes, I am planning on looking for financing some where. Is that book an ebook?

Not sure if its on ebook I bought it a long time ago as a hard cover. However its really talking against the need for a business plan and does not really consider the idea of an entrepreneur who would be seeking financing.

Are you in the US? If so what state and I could probably point you to some local organizations that could help you

You also might want to look at this old post
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archiv.../t-272345.html
    Last edited by mjfroggy; 04-15-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    just a programmer

Yes, I am in Georgia.

sent you a PM with some resources
    just a programmer

Check out www.caycon.com

They have resources and can help you out!

Best of luck to you!

Hi Shakir,
    The best way of planning is to have a look on top hosting companies how they have designed their plans and how they are marketing their products.
    It will help you a lot and no need to waste lots of your time.