Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Asian server needed - $200 prize for the one who finds me a good server.

Hello,

I'm having serious problems finding a good dedicated server in Asia. And I need one so urgently that I'm willing to pay cash to the guy who finds me a hosting company that will provide the server that I need.

I will pay $200 via PayPal to whoever finds me a server located in Asia with the following requirements (or similar):

Processor: 2 x Intel XEON E5620 8 x 2,4 GHz
    RAM: 12-16 GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: 2 x 250 GB SATA drives in Raid 1
    IP: 5 IP addresses
    uplink: 1 Gbps (could be less if it matches the additional requirements.)
    IPMI or KVM access

Additional requirements (the most important ones):

Less than 100 ping to China, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia.

About 100 kb/s download speed from the above mentioned countries to the server.

At least 300 kb/s download speed to this file: link will be provided soon (I need 5 posts to be able to post links).

!!! Connection speed is the most important part. This server will be used for gaming and it needs to have perfect connection/ping to China, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia. Hardware is not that important.. connection is everything.

Please post suggestions for which you already tested the connection speed. And make it fast.

I can provide additional details or answer questions if needed.

Pacswitch (Hong Kong) might have something for you. Contact them for a custom quote.

Forgot to mention that the price must be under $1000. I know that many providers can give me the connection I need but they want to charge A LOT for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Pacswitch (Hong Kong) might have something for you. Contact them for a custom quote.
    I contacted them now. But do you think the can provide the connection I need?

As far as I have experienced, they offer great speeds into mainland China, within Hong Kong, and to Singapore. I can't say much about other destinations in Asia, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    As far as I have experienced, they offer great speeds into mainland China, within Hong Kong, and to Singapore. I can't say much about other destinations in Asia, though.
    Hope you are right.

You can look at these providers:

webvisions.com
    netxons.com
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1022577

Hope that helps you, and I get $200.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Darer View Post
    At least 300 kb/s download speed to this file: link will be provided soon (I need 5 posts to be able to post links).
    This is the link: http://www.darer.com/download/Install_darer.exe

Contact Sinohosting.net and hosthongkong.net for HK Servers, and 8.to if you want it in Singapore, they all run on Very good networks.

Contact shinjiru.com but i think 1 Gb will cost more than your budget

Quote Originally Posted by Alex21 View Post
    Contact shinjiru.com but i think 1 Gb will cost more than your budget
    I already got a server from them (100 mbit) and everyone's complaining about the slow connection. I'm looking for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Techee View Post
    Clearly Mr X works at Pacswitch
    Every post recommends that company, despite their horrid network.
    I have reported my IP with Pacswitch to the mods. I have honestly had a very good experience with them. I think I have recommended them three times so far. The people I have in Asia who use the server are happy with the connectivity. Really, if anything, I would be working for LeaseWeb (or maybe even PrivateLayer), which I have recommended far more times.

these locations 1mbps costs like $20 to $40, am seeing 250KBPS stable from that link to India, however it does depend on OS too, over long latency networks between linux systems higher speeds can be achieved. I see 300 to 350KBPS from proof.ovh.net as tested from windows. but linux machine it shows 1.94MBPS
    Last edited by Krazy; 04-15-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: extra info

Price for dedicated 1Mbit from HK to China is over $200

Hello,

I'm having serious problems finding a good dedicated server in Asia. And I need one so urgently that I'm willing to pay cash to the guy who finds me a hosting company that will provide the server that I need.

I will pay $200 via PayPal to whoever finds me a server located in Asia with the following requirements (or similar):

Processor: 2 x Intel XEON E5620 8 x 2,4 GHz
    RAM: 12-16 GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: 2 x 250 GB SATA drives in Raid 1
    IP: 5 IP addresses
    uplink: 1 Gbps (could be less if it matches the additional requirements.)
    IPMI or KVM access

Additional requirements (the most important ones):

Less than 100 ping to China, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia.

About 100 kb/s download speed from the above mentioned countries to the server.

!!! Connection speed is the most important part. This server will be used for gaming and it needs to have perfect connection/ping to China, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia. Hardware is not that important.. connection is everything.

Please post suggestions for which you already tested the connection speed. And make it fast.

I can provide additional details or answer questions if needed.
    Can you please provide the budget as well? It would definitely help to look for something close to your requirement.

Thanks
    Asia leading web hosting provider since 2007 - Nothing is too difficult for us!
    █ Reliable Hosting Solutions
    █ No more worry with the server downtime anymore with our 99% network uptime guaranteed
    █ Real 24/7 Professional Technical Support

You may try Tele-Asia, but cost of the bandwidth will expire your budget

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    these locations 1mbps costs like $20 to $40, am seeing 250KBPS stable from that link to India, however it does depend on OS too, over long latency networks between linux systems higher speeds can be achieved. I see 300 to 350KBPS from proof.ovh.net as tested from windows. but linux machine it shows 1.94MBPS
    But what would be the connection to Singapore, Malaysian, Vietnam, Philippines? If it is this good and if the pings are < 100, then it's a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LargeServer View Post
    Can you please provide the budget as well? It would definitely help to look for something close to your requirement.

Thanks
    Should be under 1000 USD per month.

Should be under 1000 USD per month.
    If you are looking a servers somewhere around Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, India or Japan) the connectivity to all your location should be less than <100m/s however as for 1GBIT network might be a bit difficult under that budget.
    Asia leading web hosting provider since 2007 - Nothing is too difficult for us!
    █ Reliable Hosting Solutions
    █ No more worry with the server downtime anymore with our 99% network uptime guaranteed
    █ Real 24/7 Professional Technical Support

if you have some test IP ( pingable ) for those countries , let me know , i can provide some latency report,

* please note that am providing you information, you are at your freedom to choose a provider based on postings or info.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex21 View Post
    Price for dedicated 1Mbit from HK to China is over $200
    Not true, way less.

He did.

and it needs to have perfect connection/ping to China
    You certainly *NEED* HK for that, most other Asian countrys have either only China Netcom or Telecom - but almost noen has both, in HK however most do.

Two separate servers will work too.

1 for China only with perfect connection within China.

One for Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia... etc.

I just need to cover that regions and provide 100 kb/s + connection to everyone and less than 100 ms ping.

FOr perfect Connection IN China you need a server physically in China, which requires licenses and other stuff - you can better go with HK for that.

If you want to split it, you can maybe use HK and Singapore - and then sort it by the nearest countrys and/or do traceroutes to the countrys.

That makes the situation easier.

I have servers in Malaysia, Singapore & Philippines and I can easily get <100ms ping from 1 server to another and from local people as well (to any servers above) however, the file download that you require to have at least 300kbps, I can't get from either of the servers at all.

My Singapore server has a 100Mbit connection, Malaysia - 20Mbit, Philippines - 100Mbit.

Since bandwidth is quite expensive in ASIA, I totally doubt you could get a 1Gbit connection at the price range you are looking for.

Further to that, would it be possible if I were to place your download file on a CDN and thus you will have faster/greater download speed on the downloading of the file.

Would that be a good suggestion or idea?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Try shinjiru.com - they have servers in Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    Try shinjiru.com - they have servers in Malaysia
    He already has a server with them. OP, take a look at PacNet, they're in SG and have worked well for us.

with your budget, you shall consider Taiwan server because their bandwidth is much more cheaper compared to the others Asia countries.
    TheGigabit.com - Malaysia Hosting Provider
    TheGigabit.asia - Hong Kong Hosting Provider
    Dedicated Server * Server Co-location * Cloud * VPS * IP Transit * Managed Services | MSN Messenger: west.teoh(at)thegigabit.com

Some of Taiwan DC can provide you that, but you need two machine.
    Cause that good bandwidth to China will need special routing.
    For other country the average ping request should be around 80~90.

www.burning-g.net(Taiwa base company using hinet bandwidth)
    www.dyxnet.com(Hingkong company but have DC at Taiwan and around Asia)

Being from Malaysia...

I get about 108ms (average) to Burning-G and around 95ms (average) to DyxNet. I guess that should be quite good a result. As for China, I do agree that you would need special routing to get good latency in China. I've NEVER had any latency which is less than 100ms to China no matter which connection I use.

From my servers in Singapore to China takes at least 80ms. Mind you that's from a server with a very good line and etc. From Philippines, it takes more than 100ms to get to China.

I guess there's no 1 simple solution to get your wanted results.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I see 50ms / 60ms to singapore and Malaysia , about 100 to 110ms to PH and VT from India location. Am sure 100kbps should be easy to achieve unless the ISP at the customer facing is saturated.

I see 50ms / 60ms to singapore and Malaysia , about 100 to 110ms to PH and VT from India location. Am sure 100kbps should be easy to achieve unless the ISP at the customer facing is saturated.
    These pings could do the job, but which hosting provider in India do you recommend? And can Indian providers give me 1gbps uplink?

Some severs in Japan maybe can do the job,but they cost about $5000.

Or Amazon EC2

About the philippines, the most popular ISP here PLDT has the worst routing I've ever seen in my life. They have an NTT link to HK and a link (I'm guessing over one of the SEA-ME* cables) to singapore over a 'cyberway' gateway. However, both of these links average 200-300ms latency due to being completely overloaded. Ontop of all of this, for most outgoing routes they default to LA. Even some of my own singapore servers must first route all the way to LA before coming back across the pacific to singapore. 600ms pings. Awesome stuff.

I would say your best bet for complete asia coverage is somewhere at the Starhub or Equinix datacenters in singapore. I would probably recommend www.newmediaexpress.com . During the evening after the internet traffic in PH dies down i can maintain about a 50ms ping there. During the day it's about 500. (This is not due to newmediaexpress' network but rather PLDT's network).

I have a server at newmediaexpress myself and am quite happy so far (after having the server less than a week).

The owner of NME use to be on WHT. Alan Woo is his name. If you send him an email (contact live chat for his email address) he should be able to work you a deal for large or bulk purchases. He tossed in 2G of free ram on my system.

If you would like me to traceroute anything or download stuff for testing let me know. I can maintain about 10mbit download from my server @ softlayer in dallas from my NME server.

I'm only getting like 70kbyte/s downloading your install_darer.exe
    Last edited by sensel; 04-17-2011 at 01:01 AM.

providing 1gbps may not be a problem in India, however it costs 25k to 35k per month and a quarterly payment ,

senselt -> true on PH ISP's i have seen both low pings and high pings based on how those ISP are routing. SG can be a good location too for this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ultratude View Post
    I already talked with sparkstation.net but their ping to philippines is not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by senselt View Post
    About the philippines, the most popular ISP here PLDT has the worst routing I've ever seen in my life. They have an NTT link to HK and a link (I'm guessing over one of the SEA-ME* cables) to singapore over a 'cyberway' gateway. However, both of these links average 200-300ms latency due to being completely overloaded. Ontop of all of this, for most outgoing routes they default to LA. Even some of my own singapore servers must first route all the way to LA before coming back across the pacific to singapore. 600ms pings. Awesome stuff.

I would say your best bet for complete asia coverage is somewhere at the Starhub or Equinix datacenters in singapore. I would probably recommend www.newmediaexpress.com . During the evening after the internet traffic in PH dies down i can maintain about a 50ms ping there. During the day it's about 500. (This is not due to newmediaexpress' network but rather PLDT's network).

I have a server at newmediaexpress myself and am quite happy so far (after having the server less than a week).

The owner of NME use to be on WHT. Alan Woo is his name. If you send him an email (contact live chat for his email address) he should be able to work you a deal for large or bulk purchases. He tossed in 2G of free ram on my system.

If you would like me to traceroute anything or download stuff for testing let me know. I can maintain about 10mbit download from my server @ softlayer in dallas from my NME server.

I'm only getting like 70kbyte/s downloading your install_darer.exe
    In this case if I get a server from PLDT, can I have good connection within the PH only? Since Asia is very poorly connected may be my best shot would be to get a few smaller servers in different locations in order to provide coverage for all the countries there. There are more than enough people from the PH and I need to give them a way to play. If PLDT can guarantee <50 ms ping within the PH, then it could be a good idea.

providing 1gbps may not be a problem in India, however it costs 25k to 35k per month and a quarterly payment ,

senselt -> true on PH ISP's i have seen both low pings and high pings based on how those ISP are routing. SG can be a good location too for this guy
    For these prices I can find 1gbps connection in SG too. But this is out of the question.

What about Australia? Is there any chance to find a server with good connection there?

If PLDT can guarantee <50 ms ping within the PH, then it could be a good idea.
    They wont guarantee you anything... their network is one of the crappiest i have ever seen in my life.
    Worst. Routing. Ever.
    Even inside PH they often have 150ms+

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast