* Teamspeak VOIP on VPS

Hello, I found another good use of a VPS. I installed a Teamspeak server, which was fairly easy.
    If you want to test the server:
    Address: 9lol.com
    Port: 9987

You need a teamspeak client. The server is located in France.

Nice..

Teamspeak is very easy, and also very easy to setup on a Virtual Machine, but it could hogg alot of resources depending what settings you have it set to, and how many users you have. I have also seen it to suck down some bandwidth if not config'd correctly.

How did you go about setting yours up? The default install? also would you mind telling us the spec's of the virtual machine your running it on?

I was just wondering, we have a few client's running voice servers on there VPS's they have with us to, and love it.

Have you ever tried or heard of mumble? It's liked by alot of our 'gamer' clients.. It's like a ventrilo + teamspeak combined together in a way.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Well setting up is not difficult, the only difficult part is to change the settings because TS version 3 doesn't use an online configuration like the previous ones, you will need tokens and server queries. I heard about Ventrilo and Mumble. Mumble is just starting growing up and ventrilo is not popular as teamspeak.

My Vps is 512 Ram with 30 Gb diskspace, nothing special. Teamspeak takes about 30Mb of ram with no clients.
    I run on centos 5

I disagree that ventrilo isnt as popular as teamspeak. I believe it's actually the most used Voice Server in the gaming-world. I used to be apart of this, and there was more sales for Ventrilo, then ever for TS.

But I could be wrong
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

http://www.lanthrax.com/voting_game1...EuOi4xLDE6JiJu

As you can see "Gamers" prefer TS.