Thumbs down hivelocity they never respect the word

thanks god i didn't make a deal with hivelocity cause really they not good here is a little story

i sent them mail about

hello again dave

i wanna go with another offer

Dual Quad-Xeon E5620 Westmere 2.4 Ghz 24MB Cache, 32GB Ram, 4 x 450GB SAS, Raid 10, 10TB + Cpanel Total: $504.00

Dual Quad-Xeon E5620 Westmere 2.4 Ghz 24MB Cache, 64GB Ram, 4 x 450GB SAS, Raid 10, 10TB + cpanel Total: $624.00

Intel Xeon Lynnfield X3460 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2x500GB SAS, RAID 1, 10TB + Cpanel = Total $213:00

Mega Deal #2- Quad Xeon 3220 2.4Ghz 8MB cache, 8GB Ram, 2 x 500GB Sata, RAID 1, 10TB windows 2008 Standard and plesk $ 170

IF you accept the 20% off it almost make $ 1200 i can go with that

What do you think

and they answered me with that mail

I believe that I can make this happen. When will you have time to sit and speak on this?

and when i mail them again just tell me how can i pay cause all of this is special orders and how long it will take to make servers ready

and the answer was add the servers to your cart and then push the checkout button and i will apply the discounts and you can complete the orders.

and when i tried few mins to contact them to order the servers and i asked when it will be ready they said we didn't accept your offer we said we will talk about it !!!

and sure you checked with another company and u cannot find our price so we can not offer you that discount the servers cost a lot

Perhaps their approach wasn't the greatest however, HiVelocity never made any promises or guarantees according to the details provided. From the information made available, it sounds like they wanted to have a chit chat with you and from there probe you a little further to see what your future growth/expansion plans were. From the conversation you would've had maybe they wanted to see if you were open to making some form of a commitment due to the cost of acquiring the hardware and they would try to work something out for you.

As for the following server offered by HiVelocity, even without a discount it is a fair price.

Mega Deal #2- Quad Xeon 3220 2.4Ghz 8MB cache, 8GB Ram, 2 x 500GB Sata, RAID 1, 10TB windows 2008 Standard and plesk $ 170

Good luck....
    LevelHosting Inc. - Unlimited Web Hosting at your level
    cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, RVSiteBuilder Pro, Softaculous and 24/7 Support
    Meeting the demands of high traffic web sites at an affordable price!

Tampa, FL
    I apologize for any lack of communication that may be going on with our trying to hammer out a deal. The initial deal that I listed... I explicitly said, I can do this for 3 hours only. From the chat log: Chat start time 21:57:10 04/11/2011 "Dave: if you order within the next 3 hours" Your email reply the next day: date Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM "Thanks dave i will go with singlehop cause you said your offer valid for 24 hours and b4 the end of the 24 hours u back to 15%" That's well beyond three hours. You asked me again about another deal that you'd like to create. I did say "believe that I can make this happen. When will you have time to sit and speak on this?" You asked me on how to order if this were to go through (without sitting down to speak to me I might add) and I instructed you on how to order and for myself to apply the discount. I started going through the costs of each item and what I would be able to offer you based on the email you sent and when we finally sat down to hammer out a price, it just wasn't possible. I'm sorry but I can't offer you a 64GB RAM server for the price of a 12GB RAM server. I was able to still extend the pricing on other servers but you were not even interested in hearing this. I have all of the chat records and emails if you would like me to email them to you

note: the reason for the 3 hours was due to my shift ending and I couldn't guarantee that same deal being offered if it were sold to another client. Once it's gone it's gone.
    Last edited by Dave Parish; 04-14-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Dave Parish