Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VPSLatch/Hostdime doing very bad.

I don't like to post negative comments but I think it is also fair to share what is happening to me.

About 2 months ago I complained to adam about vpslatch I/O Speed. He told me he was going to fix it by migrating to a faster node (probably adam already know he was seelling vpslatch to hostdime).
    When Hostdime acquired vpslatch, they started to look deeper into this and they found that the best solution was to setup a new vps for me on their cloud. This was a nice action from them and I really apreciate this, since the quality on this vps *should* be 10x better.

After my new vps got setup, it only took 6 hours and the problems began. As many of you saw in the forum, i posted a hacking problem. That hacking problem ended up being a very annoying ip allocation problem which got my server down for 12 hours. A lot of time for hosting business. In that moment i was very pissed of, but ok, let's give them a chance. I didn't care a lot since i had not migrate any of my client's sites.

I asked Dennis and other tech guys if they were 100% sure that nothing wrong was going to happen again regarding that problem. They said no, go ahead. So i migrated my accounts yesterday.

This ime it took 12 hours for the problem to re-appear. Now the problem re-appeared but to make matter worse ALL MY CLIENTS SITE HAS A STINKY MINE CRAFT MAP.

THIS IS UN-ACCEPTABLE I'M REALLY MAD NOW.

http://www.proanima.org.uy http://www.bluesky.com.uy http://www.uyinvest.com etc etc all with the same map.

How can this happen ? I'm really frustrated, annoyed, sad, and in big problems due to this. Sorry i dont like trolling anyone, but this is very bad for my business.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm very sorry to hear this and I hope your able to have this fixed out and worked with.

I have a buddy of mine who was with them for about 5 months, and in that time they where great to him until the switch over and now he's having a problem as he's unable to view his old tickets that they where working with him to fix and solve and now he's unable to have them accessed or looked at because they dont have em in the new system (i think they changed support systems or something) and now he's having a billing issue with its saying he didnt pay prior to the change over.

I hope the best of luck for you, and this all gets worked out; it seems just like alot of stress your having and you shouldn't be having this as to me Hostdime seems like a very good / reliable provider but I do understand taking over a company this big as VPSLatch and meeting all there client requirements and apdating tot he change could take some time to process and adjust to.

I hope this gets fixed and corrected for you as soon as possible. I was friends with a few of there old staff and I was very shocked when Adam sold after a week prior to him selling he actually replied and said he would not be selling VL any time soon or planned to then a week later comes around and he sells.

Its just wrong in every point in my book.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I know servers go down all the time, but what hurts is that I asked more than once, they could just told me please stand by and we will make sure about this. I only migrated 10 sites to start with. Now I thank god i didn't move them all. I'm very stressed now, clients are calling me all the time and i have a client whose company is a Premium Water, one of the finest waters in the world and he is going to get me sued if this does not get fix soon. I'm really deseperate and sad about this, nothing I can do, just wait... sucks...
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have a ticket open yet for this issue I can have escalated? I apologize deeply for your issues and would like to get this checked as soon as possible.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes there is a ticket open: 176252 178943 I'm dead really dunno what to do now one of my clients already was a nightmare in the past, now after this I can't imagine what he is gonna do, damn it...

I better change the dns of the domain back to the old server since i don't know how much this could take...

One of the things that really worries me is that i can't even backup / reboot my server since i don't have access to solusvm... I'm screwed
      0 Not allowed!

I had my Support Manager locate your account and he has solved the issue. He should be contacting you soon regarding the problem and how it was solved.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks Dennis, i really appreciate this. I don't like trolling companies, you can check on my other post that when people asked me about which was my host I didn't mention HostDime. I don't like to write negative things about hosts, i just like to trust my hosts and i wish the best to all the companies that want to succeed in the hosting business. I guess i will trust again in Hostdime, but what i really ask is to change my main ip address, since i can't suffer this stress again!

Thank you Dennis
      0 Not allowed!

Solcre - I've replied to your ticket personally. Please accept our apologies for this and I have provided you with my personal contact information if you ever need to escalate issues like this again

Thank you
    Paul
      0 Not allowed!

Paul's & Dennis reply was very nice and solved my problem. I like to see that they really care about customers, and that is pretty enought for me. To be honest I'm a pretty small client for them but it is good to see that they respond nice to my problems. They gotta improve a lot in their "solution" (not response) time, specially in this kind of problems but i trust Hostdime will keep on striving for success. Be more careful next time, (not all clients are cool like me!) and thanks.

Later!
      0 Not allowed!

solcre,

Thanks for taking time to speak to me and Paul on skype. We explained the situation on how this was happening as another VPS was taken over your main ip. This was fixed permanently now with a static ARP so it will not happen again 100%. I apologize this even happened it was a bit out of our control and sincerely apologize. We just wanted you to know we weren't doing this intentionally and it was some weird routing issue internally in the vps node.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by solcre View Post
    Paul's & Dennis reply was very nice and solved my problem. I like to see that they really care about customers, and that is pretty enought for me. To be honest I'm a pretty small client for them but it is good to see that they respond nice to my problems. They gotta improve a lot in their "solution" (not response) time, specially in this kind of problems but i trust Hostdime will keep on striving for success. Be more careful next time, (not all clients are cool like me!) and thanks.

Later!
    It is good and to their credit that they responded and solved your problem. I thought I'd mention something that helps me when I move an account.

If you have the ability to do so, change the TTL for your name servers to a lower number, like 300, two days or so before the move. Then copy the site to the new server, keeping a copy on the old server. Change the A records to point to the new server and let it propagate. If there's a problem, you can change the A records back to the old server and restore the site very quickly.

When I made my last move, I kept the old server running for two more weeks before making the final cut.
      0 Not allowed!

I really have very bad time with this sale

I know that run the VPS business is not easy, but i was really conformable with Adam and his team, After couple weeks I have received notice about the sale, well end of my happiness, today I was moving all my container with VPSLatch, I cannot afford that my user be more that 24 Hrs, without service , because the server does not resolve the domains and the technician try talkme me that the problem was the dns server root, well i did several test from recursive to ptr reverse, simple domains point, in 100 ways, no choice move your accounts men, I lost money for real and this is the reason that decided to tell everybody that I am very sad with the nice vpsLatch that today is another unpersonalized hosting server.
      0 Not allowed!

totaltrader,

Are you having issues? May I ask your ticket #
      0 Not allowed!

totaltrader I know how it feels, but support tried to do their best, so i think every company and person deserves another chance. I think things will become more stable once they migrate all the old vpslatch users. Thats my opinion, being objective.
      0 Not allowed!

Agree,
    I think and believe like you but how you deal with costumers that run business online and depend of me, I have to be responsible, the funny point is that i work alone , no big offices and super data centers i run from my bed room 7 different VPS servers with several costumers each, I'm glad that I have all separated around USA, Canada and UK and some many peoples say that i am crazy to do that here it is??
    All the eggs in one basket no way!!!!
      0 Not allowed!

totaltrader I would be happy to check into detail any issues. As you know the transition is pretty recent and we are doing our best to clean things up from how they were before, we genuinely mean this.
      0 Not allowed!

It's not problem,I understand the process as I wrote in my first comment today, but maybe check the support ticket and look the log s in the container easy fix.
    I will clean up the container, rename and setup again to see what is going on and decide what do

thank you for you comprehensive support
      0 Not allowed!

I understand, if you give me a ticket # I can trace your account and help
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    I understand, if you give me a ticket # I can trace your account and help
    [Ticket: 178189] Domains do not resolve to the server
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

well sorry to say but I gave hostdime another chance. Today at 8am while I was driving to my office my cell phone began to ring. My customers saying that server was down again. I said what the hell are you sure? "Yes you dumb f*ck if you can't host my site just say it and i will *remake it with other provider". I couldn't give him a decent reply. I was shocked. Never ever happened this to me.

10/04/2011 22pm - Got migrated from VPSLatch to Hostdime
    11/04/2011 4am - Server down.
    12/04/2011 1am - Server up. "fix??? NO."
    13/04/2011 This day i didn't want to risk using the server
    14/04/2011 18pm - Server Down
    14/04/2011 23pm - Server Up
    15/04/2011 08am - Server Down
    15/04/2011 now - Server rebooted by me (magically now core allows me to reboot my server)

I'm deseperate now, I lost a lot of money for real. To start with the 3 days I couldn't work because I been trying to put server back online and talking with support, also other programmers that work with me had to leave office earlier yesterday without finishing their work, I lost a customer today which pays hosting + the licence of my cms.

I'm really annoyed and totally frustrated, I didn't think this could happen on a top company as Hostdime is supposed to be.

Right now I don't know what steps shall I take.

*remake it because i sell a private cms so they cant host it elsewhere, if they leave their lose their cms.
      0 Not allowed!

I was almost sucked into saving $10 a month based on VPS Latch initial reviews. I am so glad I decided to go with KnownHost.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
      0 Not allowed!

well sorry to say but I gave hostdime another chance. Today at 8am while I was driving to my office my cell phone began to ring. My customers saying that server was down again. I said what the hell are you sure? "Yes you dumb f*ck if you can't host my site just say it and i will *remake it with other provider". I couldn't give him a decent reply. I was shocked. Never ever happened this to me.

15/04/2011 now - Server rebooted by me (magically now core allows me to reboot my server)

I'm deseperate now, I lost a lot of money for real. To start with the 3 days I couldn't work because I been trying to put server back online and talking with support, also other programmers that work with me had to leave office earlier yesterday without finishing their work, I lost a customer today which pays hosting + the licence of my cms.

I'm really annoyed and totally frustrated, I didn't think this could happen on a top company as Hostdime is supposed to be.

*remake it because i sell a private cms so they cant host it elsewhere, if they leave their lose their cms.
    Sorry to hear that and hopefully your issues end soon!
      0 Not allowed!

solcre,

The issue you saw this morning is in no way related to the issues you posted and we fixed yesterday. Me and Paul spent many hours helping you and giving you full help and attention and you were very understanding about what was going on. This issue today is not related to the IP arp change we put in place. Your vps was running something to lock it up. As more courtesy we are doing personal monitoring on your vps individually now
      0 Not allowed!

Manny:

I respect you and your team. But something wrong is going here. In 4 days 3 times down. If I asked for an ip change it was because myip...192 was working fine, but the ip...191 was working bad, as always. Thats why i said i didn't want that ip anymore.

Right now i have 3 people just staring at their monitors without coding, and this is very bad for my business because i'm paying programmers for nothing and also my clients are not able to see their site progress (not even online now).

I like the personal monitoring and help you are giving me to the issue, but I cannot say everything is going fine, because this week i lost more than us$500 with all this problems.

I'm very kind and comprenhensive but this must be fix urgently.
      0 Not allowed!

The IP was changed as you requested regardless now and we will continue and monitor vigorously
      0 Not allowed!

Since i like to be fair, I will update this a little bit. I must admit Hostdime has not reached good results with me YET. But I can also state that they have been very worried about this and doing all their best to get my vps stable. I even have Hostdime owner on my cell phone, sms, skype, etc. So they really care about customers. Right now they haven't achieve the success with my vps yet, but they are trying hard and i like that.
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation my experience with VPSlatch - one day

Hello,

this is my experience with VPSlatch, its one day only, its today !

I ordered VPS yesterday and I got it today, some late but its Ok.

after i got it the WHM was very slow and RAM usage was very high while its still new VPS.

So i opened the first ticket about RAM usage with out any reply for hours
    then I opened second ticket about slowness with tracert result which was bad with out respond from VPSlatch for hours.

So I opened Cancellation request, after that both tickets replied and closed in few min !!!

Now:
    this VPS still slow
    the tracert give high delay from VPSlatch side
    the Ram usage is high 73%
    The Support is not 24 hours and Support Service is bad !

now I am waiting them to refund my money and I will start to search another VPS provider
      0 Not allowed!

I have these same problems.

VPSLatch was running great until they joined HostDime. Now it's consistently down.

I've been opening tickets but all that happens when I do that is they adjust my PHP limits and so forth. It has nothing to do with that.

The websites hosted off their VPS are down more frequently than up now.

I switched to VPSLatch from another host because VPSLatch had pretty good customer support, but this is just terrible uptime. They have a 99% uptime guarantee and it's been killed to high heaven.
      0 Not allowed!

sorry to hear this... I think they are not bad, they are a little bit unorganized. They must improve procedures and communication a lot, but i know they got good and nice people and nice infrastructure. I finally solved my problem and took out a couple of conclusions.

1- They are very well-intentioned and they care about customers
    2- They have big comunication and organizational problems
    3- The VPSLatch migration is a little bit complicated

My suggestion is to try to be the more concrete as posible in the tickets and call/online chat with them and explain very detailed. I gave them another change more because they have good intentions and I appreciate the way they treat customers. Also I know they have good staff (specially the heads) and good tech, so I wouldn't discard HD that fast if I were you.

Also, this thread is not supposed to be a thread to troll down a company, so i ask moderators to close my thread since I can't.

Thank you everyone!
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with solcre.

They have great intentions and their customer support is very pleasant to work with, unlike those at Burst.net. So if you want people who are nice to you, then VPSLatch is great.

Their uptime is non-existent lately though. Even their actual website was down today. This is probably just a hiccup occurring from the two companies joining together though.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightH20 View Post
    I agree with solcre.

They have great intentions and their customer support is very pleasant to work with, unlike those at Burst.net. So if you want people who are nice to you, then VPSLatch is great.

Their uptime is non-existent lately though. Even their actual website was down today. This is probably just a hiccup occurring from the two companies joining together though.
    I beg to differ. We love our customers and bend over backwards for them. But try to tell untruths or spin a story so it looks like we're the bad guys then we're going to defend ourselves.
      0 Not allowed!

You just need to give them some time to get everything sorted. It's not all going to be sorted within just a few days. It could take a few weeks or even months. It will be worth it in the end though, right, HostDime?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tele eng View Post
    Hello,

this is my experience with VPSlatch, its one day only, its today !

I ordered VPS yesterday and I got it today, some late but its Ok.

after i got it the WHM was very slow and RAM usage was very high while its still new VPS.

So i opened the first ticket about RAM usage with out any reply for hours
    then I opened second ticket about slowness with tracert result which was bad with out respond from VPSlatch for hours.

So I opened Cancellation request, after that both tickets replied and closed in few min !!!

Now:
    this VPS still slow
    the tracert give high delay from VPSlatch side
    the Ram usage is high 73%
    The Support is not 24 hours and Support Service is bad !

now I am waiting them to refund my money and I will start to search another VPS provider
    Would you mind providing your ticket # so I can investigate? I apologize for any issues it maybe a simple setting issue
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightH20 View Post
    I have these same problems.

VPSLatch was running great until they joined HostDime. Now it's consistently down.

I've been opening tickets but all that happens when I do that is they adjust my PHP limits and so forth. It has nothing to do with that.

The websites hosted off their VPS are down more frequently than up now.

I switched to VPSLatch from another host because VPSLatch had pretty good customer support, but this is just terrible uptime. They have a 99% uptime guarantee and it's been killed to high heaven.
    DarkKnightH20,

As you can imagine we are doing a lot of transitions and trying to clean up things. So I apologize for the issues during this transition. If you give me your ticket # I can check it and follow up with things for you. I am not sure if you know about HostDime but we strive to be the best and a lot of things were not setup properly before which we are trying to remedy.
      0 Not allowed!

Vpslatch has just been taken over by hostdime. They have had a few problems with the acquisition, there are a few threads about it.

I would imagine that the delay with the tickets has something to do with this, I'm sure they are working on getting it sorted.

I hope that you get everything sorted.
    Hosting Community Talk - A new community orientated Webhosting discussion, guides, and industry news forum. Why not JOIN TODAY!
    My North Wales - A Community/Tourism discussion forum for residents and visitors to North Wales, United Kingdom.
      0 Not allowed!

But I can not start my business with this service

They should refund my money
      0 Not allowed!

I believe their billing department operates within a certain time-frame. You might have opened the ticket just after their billing department went off shift which results in having no response for over 12 hours. However they are an established host and many others including me would definitely agree that this isn't a case of scamming. I guess you would just have to be patient for now until their billing staffs enter the office to provide you with a response.
    HostStellar.com - Stellar Shared and Reseller Hosting
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access
    Guarantees: 24/7/365 Stellar Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.9% Uptime SLA
      0 Not allowed!

their support acting the same way, too much delay.
    but its Ok i will wait
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tele eng View Post
    their support acting the same way, too much delay.
    but its Ok i will wait
    That would be best.
    </thread>
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast