Exclamation New VPS Won't Boot in SolusVM? (Help!)

Ok, so...yesterday I ordered a new VPS from ThrustVPS. It said setup times were instant...but i've had to wait for sales to get on to make the VPS.

I got a welcome email today and 9:30 AM. I saw I got 2 VPSs, with the same specs, when I ordered 1.

I tried booting the one I got an email for...but it wouldn't come online. I reloaded the OS within SolusVM, but it still wouldn't come online, so I opened a ticket. They asked if they could destroy the VPS and make a new one, I said ok, and Cathie told me it was done, and I should have a new welcome email.

I checked my email and I had one, so I tried to boot it from within SolusVM. It didn't work, still. (Every time I boot it/reload the OS I check the logs to see that it says complete...it has completed every time it says.)

Is there anything I can try to do to get it working? I can't wait any longer

Thank you.

hey it could be that when they destroyed the virtual private server that when they sent you a new welcome email that they are providing you a new account it self as a whole.

i had a problem like this before with a old host when i ordred they set me up a vps but my issue was a little different my solusvm account was controling another vps lol just that there system didnt correct it right but it was fixed

login to your client area at thrust and see if u see the "Emails" tab click on that and check for the newest welcome e-mail and make sure the information is correct and then try

if that dont work just simply submit a ticket russ should be able to fix that for u just seems like a order messup and wasnt setup correctly happens raely but it does happen

it seems like your vps isnt provisioned correctly and could have a issue with when it was setup that its not properly configured right to your account kinda like the issue i was having

because that two vms where in ur account they could of provided u the wrong setup due to the order mess up so ur account might be assigned to the wrong container just submit a ticket (a new one) and provide all details like everyhting including from what happen and all details and just ask them for ut o delete ur whole account and re-set it up all fresh so u know theres no more problems now and in the future!

keep us updated! theres really nothing we can do for ya but to tell ya to submit at icket!

Hi Dylan,

You should submit a ticket with Thrust, they are ultimately the only ones who can help you with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    Hi Dylan,

You should submit a ticket with Thrust, they are ultimately the only ones who can help you with the issue.
    Yeah, I have, but sales is out for the day and they keep transferring my ticket to them so I guess i'll have to wait.

I just wanted to post here and see what advice people had so that hopefully I could get it sorted myself.

I don't think that should be a sales matter. Submit it to the technical support department and tell them your just having a issue with the Virtual Server you just purchased from them and need it fixed as it's currently not online or accessible by you.

Make sure you word it correctly so they fully understand what your talking about, that could be the reason why they are transfering you to a different department thinking you ordered a vps and it's not given to you yet.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    I don't think that should be a sales matter. Submit it to the technical support department and tell them your just having a issue with the Virtual Server you just purchased from them and need it fixed as it's currently not online or accessible by you.

Make sure you word it correctly so they fully understand what your talking about, that could be the reason why they are transfering you to a different department thinking you ordered a vps and it's not given to you yet.
    Just got a response on my new ticket, they're looking in to it. I hate responses like that, but at least I got a reply

Usually if it does not boot up, there is really nothing we can do. If it gave you an error then we might be able to help you.

Their support is your best option at the moment.

- Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by DylanP View Post
    Just got a response on my new ticket, they're looking in to it. I hate responses like that, but at least I got a reply
    Yeah I agree, but at least you got a reply and knowing Thrust, they are really checking into it. You should be fixed and running great in no time.

Let us know how everything goes
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Too weird, I just purchased a vps from them as well, SAME exact thing happened. Support guy couldn't figure it out, and he sent it back to the sales team to redo the vps (this doesn't make sense to me at all).

So now I have to wait for sales to get this up and running :/. Not a good start for a new host.

Sounds to me like someone on the host end forgot to properly setup the VPS Packages.