Cheapest cloud out there?

Hi,

Just wondering, does anybody know which cloud offer is the cheapest? I don't care about resource comparison that much. I just want to know the cheapest alternatives.

Thanks.

Cloud is not very cheap. Cloud is always more expensive then non cloud. What kind of cloud are you looking for? Internal (in same datacenter) or Extern (in different datacenters) servers located ?
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim Europe - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 800Gbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN AS/NETWORK/EQUIPMENT
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

3. You'll struggle to get cloud really cheap but quality-wise youve got companies like SoftLayer, RackSpace and NetSuite who were the kind of pioneers of cloud hosting.

I'd probably start with them, i'd say they'll be the most reliable.
    Serchen Interactive - Home to the biggest online directories in the world.

Check them out here: Brands

Internal. I'm practically doing a market evaluation and I'm curios to see what are the cheapest offers out there. When I say cheap I don't mean 2 $/month, I mean the cheapest in the cloud offer pool.

$2 per month .... I don't think anyone can/will offer that.
    madgenius.com - Corp.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Offering Windows, and Linux OS's

People, do you really have reading problems? Stop reading just 2 words on a 10 word line...
    I just want to know which cloud offer is cheapest because I'm doing a survey... what's so hard? I don't need to buy cloud... I just want to know what's the cheapest offer on the market... Is that to complicated?

@Host-slim, Internal would be fine.

For the rest of "helpers", if you can't fully understand my request please restrain for posting.

Well... you need to define what your perception of a "cloud" is first.

My friends... really? Is everybody joking tonight?

VPS cloud hosted, xen or kvm based, CPU share unimportant, Ram minimum 256 or 512, hdd unimportant, cloud platform hosted in 1 datacenter. Clear enough for you?
    OnApp, XenServer OpenCloud, Xen Cloud platforms.

Right, well if you don't get so aggressive you might get well informed input.

Anyway, amazon i think is the cheapest, currently free for a micro account for 1 year.

@StevenG,

My sarcasm is routed mainly in the fact that I asked a simple question:

"I'm practically doing a market evaluation and I'm curios to see what are the cheapest offers out there. When I say cheap I don't mean 2 $/month, I mean the cheapest in the cloud offer pool."

And got responses like:

"$2 per month .... I don't think anyone can/will offer that."

For the love of God... I was asking for prices, not phrase analysis.

Aside that, thank you for being the first person who gave me a clear response. I really apreciate it!

No worries. You sometimes have to be very specific with questions to get the right answers right off the bat. Turning the thread around into a happy place to be

I would say Linode is one of the cheapest cloud hosts out.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerChris View Post
    I would say Linode is one of the cheapest cloud hosts out.
    What is Linode's cloud architecture based on? I can't find much on their site.

I'm guessing Xen Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by ARPLink View Post
    I'm guessing Xen Cloud
    Even if they're using XCP, aren't they still putting everything locally on individual servers?

I'm not quite getting your question. I'm guessing you're refering to internal cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Even if they're using XCP, aren't they still putting everything locally on individual servers?
    Why would that matter. They can still be considered a Cloud provider.
    In fact, Linode's platform is one of the best i've seen, feature and performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrac568 View Post
    Why would that matter. They can still be considered a Cloud provider.
    In fact, Linode's platform is one of the best i've seen, feature and performance wise.
    I wasn't saying anything about Linode's performance - I'm sure it's great. I'm just asking what everyone considers a cloud here aka what specific features make Linode a cloud provider.

Using the loosest definition of the term 'cloud': one that supports at minimum instant provisioning, miniCloud at OVH is the cheapest I know at .01 euro per hour. Depending on the exchange rate, Rackspace CloudServers is the next cheapest. Followed by EC2, and then Linode.

Total cost is going to shuffle the order a bit since some bill network usage by the GB. Places like Linode bundle the network, etc, etc and miniCloud has some limitations.

If you want to take full advantage of it, the cheapest way would be CloudFlare, WordPress, its CloudFlare plugin and Amazon S3... A nice plugin to use for the CDN would be W3 total cache. That will give you redundant, multi-location geocached cloud hosting that stays online, even when the host server goes down and it serves your files pretty darn quick due to the amazon + cloudflare combo.

Works like a charm for me, and I stay well below 50GB traffic monthly on S3, so it's totally affordable.
    hi there!

Jay, does the wordpress plugin handle the database server being down (ie writes to the database) when the host server with the db is down?

Quote Originally Posted by saimaspider View Post
    is amazon a cloud
    Amazon Inc. offers Webservices - AWS which are cloud services.
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Quote Originally Posted by StevenG View Post
    Jay, does the wordpress plugin handle the database server being down (ie writes to the database) when the host server with the db is down?
    No, ofcourse not How would that be possible??
    It's just a static cache, that stays online long enough for most host servers to get back online.
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay August View Post
    No, ofcourse not How would that be possible??
    It's just a static cache, that stays online long enough for most host servers to get back online.
    I just wanted to question the statement is all, about the site remaining online when the host server goes down.

It is possible if handled in code though, to handle that too.