UK Dedicated Server that I can visit

Hello,

I'm new to dedicated servers but I would like to set up one in the UK which I can visit the hardware.

Not because I want to pay it a friendly visit, just because I would like to know I have control over the hardware.

I'm looking for UK hosting in the London area so anyone have any suggestions?

You're not going to get that with a dedicated server - the hardware belongs to your provider and they won't want you to make any changes to it. If you need physical access then you need to buy your own server and colocate it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreebieHost View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to dedicated servers but I would like to set up one in the UK which I can visit the hardware.

Not because I want to pay it a friendly visit, just because I would like to know I have control over the hardware.

I'm looking for UK hosting in the London area so anyone have any suggestions?
    You don't have control over the hardware. It belongs to the provider and it is simply a rental agreement.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

Hi

Just to echo the other responses you've had. Also.. Why would you want to visit to see your server???
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

5. Yeah all the above comments are correct. You'll have to colocate if you want to make physical changes to the server.

You might be lucky enough to find a host that'll have you in the datacenter for a meeting but i very much doubt you'll get anywhere near the servers.

If you want to look for dedicated server or colocation in London, then have a look at the brands page in my sig and look at the Dedicatedserver directory - you can search for UK servers there but you definitely wont find one that'll give you access to the hardware.
    Serchen Interactive - Home to the biggest online directories in the world.

Check them out here: Brands

I've never heard of any host or datacentre allowing clients to go anywhere near their rented dedicated servers. If you want that type of service, you'll need to purchase a server of your own, then colocate it with a datacentre close to you.
    John Slane | Systems Administrator

It is not unheard of to have customer usb drives pugged into a dedicated box but that is generally as far as it goes.