Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Exclamation It seems no reseller provider gets it right - onto EZPZ

    So, as we all know running dedicated servers is expensive and the best way to get started with a new seperate hosting business is by reseller hosting.

    Well finding a good reseller provider these days seems to be a challenge.

    After trying many resellers I ended up with ThePrimeHost.

    Now what I can say that ThePrimeHost gets right is support, I loved their support and Darrell is a stand up guy. Their services on the other hand have too many issues and problems coming up on a weekly sometimes daily basis. Im keep being told that they have locked security tight there in fact I guess it is so tight it wont handle database driven apps like Magento or Live Zilla. After several communications ive realized that ThePrimeHost just wont serve my new business as it's starting base.

    Then today I moved to Eleven2, there servers are really good from what ive seen so far however it took about 3 1/2 hours to get an email response through the helpdesk. The chat support was good though however when communicating the end support person typed annoyingly slow. In regards to their helpdesk 3 hours is quite slow, what happened if it was a mission criticial problem and it took them that long to get back... yeah you see where im going with this.

    Now im moving to EZPZ Hosting after seeing reviews even though I think they are a bit pricey compared to the specs of my dedicated servers with one of my other businesses. Though they are like a middle man so I have to eat up the extra fees for now. Im A-Ok with doing this if they run a good business. Just got the account setup and hope to update everyone if they get an "A" or not from me in the coming weeks.

    To sum it up:

    The Prime Host
    support: 5/5
    efforts: 5/5
    server: 1/5

    Eleven2
    chat support: 4/5
    helpdesk support: 1/5
    efforts: don't have time to be paitent anymore so I can't say if they would try to go the extra mile.
    server: 5/5

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Active View Post
    The Prime Host
    support: 5/5
    efforts: 5/5
    server: 1/5
    Take unmanaged servers from somewhere else and hire The Prime Host for management.

  3. #3
    Never thought about doing that .... I dont think they would they even go for this. I should look into it though when it comes time for a server. EZPZ seems to be doing good so far.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Zoom,

    Very nice detailed review, all the best.

    Kudos to the Prime Host and EZPZ

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Active View Post
    Now im moving to EZPZ Hosting after seeing reviews even though I think they are a bit pricey compared to the specs of my dedicated servers with one of my other businesses. Though they are like a middle man so I have to eat up the extra fees for now. Im A-Ok with doing this if they run a good business. Just got the account setup and hope to update everyone if they get an "A" or not from me in the coming weeks
    Pay annually and you will get a huge discount. If you don't need WHMCS, tell dan and he will fix up a deal for you. That's what i did, pay annually

  6. #6
    Yeah, I don't pay annually until I know ill be there for a long time. I use to pay annually back in the day before I offered hosting and had a bad expirence where I lost 6 months and this was with LunarPages.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    nice review zoom
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Active View Post
    Now what I can say that ThePrimeHost gets right is support, I loved their support and Darrell is a stand up guy. Their services on the other hand have too many issues and problems coming up on a weekly sometimes daily basis. Im keep being told that they have locked security tight there in fact I guess it is so tight it wont handle database driven apps like Magento or Live Zilla. After several communications ive realized that ThePrimeHost just wont serve my new business as it's starting base.
    Hi Dallas,
    Thank you for your review. The odd thing here is that we have users running basic database driven apps on a regular basis (Magento, WP, Joomla, WHMCS, LiveZilla, etc...) without issue. I've seen your tickets and I don't doubt that you've had some issues, but no other uses are reporting these issue (and we have signups daily).

    In any event I wish you nothing but the best of luck with your new hosting provider. If you're still within the first 30 days of your service, please let me know and I'll get you refunded ASAP.

    Best Regards,
    Darrell
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

  9. #9
    Hello Darrell,

    Thanks for the reply. As mentioned several times I do believe you run a good business and it could simply be a server issue. Ive never had so many problems using servers in my life and after signing up with Eleven2 and then EZPZ, I have not experienced the same issues and have not even really needed to open support tickets.

    I will try again in the future when I start a separate reseller "new business" and see how it goes. Your support is amazing and I wish the server was not such a problem for me because I would not be looking elsewhere right now.

  10. #10
    What issues were you getting? Slow access to FTP, etc? It could be a local issue with your own ISP/home machine...

    You can try running traceroute as well as some other tests...

  11. #11

    Not even EZPZ are perfect

    Sorry to say, and Dan I'm sure you won't be surprised, but I think it is only fair to say that EZPZ aren't that perfect. It was only in a chat today that I realised that everyone thinks it is all sunshine and roses with them so to balance the books here is some of my experience with my reseller account.

    3 day outage, regular outages on sites, blacklisted mail server (that I have had to wait weeks for it to clear and in the meantime mine and clients mails have bounced back), cpanel upgrade led to mail issues, Raid upgrade lead to slow sites for almost 2 days and if I had the time to check all my tickets there are more issues.

    Yes, Dan does a good job of replying to tickets in a helpful way, but to be honest I seldom get responses their 7 minute response, especially when I need it most. I've waited for more than an hour when I've needed sites reloaded (their cpanel doesn't allow it, only gives you the R1soft options which are no good if you've worked on the site during the day and need to not lose that work).

    I've lost 1 client due to all of this and my biggest client is so mad that if I don't find another provider they will leave too. Quite honestly I'm tired of the stress that this is causing me the uncertainty going to bed each night or leaving my computer without wondering if the sites will be live when I get back to it or if they have been offline in the meantime and I've started answering calls from my customers with 'is there a problem?'

    I did ask to move servers, I was recommended to stay on the one I am on (as there was to be some more downtime and this server I'm on is now new!) but by now ...!

    Perhaps you'll have better luck!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Active View Post
    Thanks for the reply. As mentioned several times I do believe you run a good business and it could simply be a server issue. Ive never had so many problems using servers in my life and after signing up with Eleven2 and then EZPZ, I have not experienced the same issues and have not even really needed to open support tickets.
    Hello Dallas,
    It is a bit of a quandary. I've rarely seen a single user have so many issues in such a short time span that didn't effect other clients. I've been reading over your tickets and no other users on that server have reported those problems (which is quite maddening really because at least then we would be able to duplicate your issues).

    I appreciate your kind words and wish you nothing but the best.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

  13. #13

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by dillydally View Post
    Sorry to say, and Dan I'm sure you won't be surprised, but I think it is only fair to say that EZPZ aren't that perfect. It was only in a chat today that I realised that everyone thinks it is all sunshine and roses with them so to balance the books here is some of my experience with my reseller account.

    3 day outage, regular outages on sites, blacklisted mail server (that I have had to wait weeks for it to clear and in the meantime mine and clients mails have bounced back), cpanel upgrade led to mail issues, Raid upgrade lead to slow sites for almost 2 days and if I had the time to check all my tickets there are more issues.

    Yes, Dan does a good job of replying to tickets in a helpful way, but to be honest I seldom get responses their 7 minute response, especially when I need it most. I've waited for more than an hour when I've needed sites reloaded (their cpanel doesn't allow it, only gives you the R1soft options which are no good if you've worked on the site during the day and need to not lose that work).

    I've lost 1 client due to all of this and my biggest client is so mad that if I don't find another provider they will leave too. Quite honestly I'm tired of the stress that this is causing me the uncertainty going to bed each night or leaving my computer without wondering if the sites will be live when I get back to it or if they have been offline in the meantime and I've started answering calls from my customers with 'is there a problem?'

    I did ask to move servers, I was recommended to stay on the one I am on (as there was to be some more downtime and this server I'm on is now new!) but by now ...!

    Perhaps you'll have better luck!
    LOL, Your story is same with me. Now I am looking for the good reseller again or go with dedi/vps.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lee Summit,MO,USA
    Posts
    123
    That review was dead center. I had been looking resellers and just recently posted about what it takes to get my forums MmoRPG and MMO games off the ground from a home based hosting using DreamDaemon switching to a Dedi server. It's nice to see reviews like this so it gives people like me the chance to know from someone Else's experience but also to make that definite problems or pro's and cons from other providers.

    The Support Tech I suppose who you went through sounds like the type of person I would like to handle my type of needs and requirements for my things. It's just pretty cool to see something like this.
    ██ J.Mike Duff -http://www.cheetahhost.net
    ██ Dedicated/Shared Hosting/Reseller Hosting
    ██ Web Hosting, Money Back Guarantee! 100% Uptime Guaranteed! 24x7 online Support.
    ██ Gone Green 100% Powered Source CheetahHost LLC.,

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dudul View Post
    LOL, Your story is same with me. Now I am looking for the good reseller again or go with dedi/vps.
    Well you can't beat dedicated resources.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    Yeah, sometimes you need to go to the not so popular host but with years of experience in handling things. Before I tend to pick the most popular reseller here in WHT and I'm disappointed. Now, I'm happy with my provider. Not popular but literally always there to assist you (morning or evening). Just open your eyes and you will find them in the offer section
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Yeah, sometimes you need to go to the not so popular host but with years of experience in handling things. Before I tend to pick the most popular reseller here in WHT and I'm disappointed. Now, I'm happy with my provider. Not popular but literally always there to assist you (morning or evening). Just open your eyes and you will find them in the offer section
    Come on Yujin....name em!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Come on Yujin....name em!
    Must be a secret... he doesn't want anyone to overload the server

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CPU
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Come on Yujin....name em!
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Must be a secret... he doesn't want anyone to overload the server
    Actually Chris you are right. I don't know why I'm very uncomfortable providing my review in this forum.
    But I already wrote one on other website.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Actually Chris you are right. I don't know why I'm very uncomfortable providing my review in this forum.
    But I already wrote one on other website.
    I know what you mean Yujin. Lots of good providers start getting fake marketing hype and then they turn really bad. I can see why many users prefer newer/smaller hosts and don't like to hype them up too much! Fair play.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    1,473
    "It seems no reseller provider gets it right"

    Strong words for a title. I'm anxious to see who can satisfy what appears to be unsatisfiable.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35

    Yujin-sent PM to you

    Hello Yujin!

    I am in analusis parlysis. Sent you a PM Please help!

  23. #23
    Well you can't beat dedicated resources.

    Which is a shame because people like Darrell "ThePrimeHost" and Dan "EZPZ" offer great support compared to a lot of the server providers. But with server providers you rarely have to ask for support.

    I know if I had a bigger budget for the new startup id be starting off with a dedi right away.

    @JixHost,

    Ive dealt with a lot of good reseller providers over the years but they quickly fade away it seems.

    EZPZ looks to be pretty decent so far overall and ThePrimeHost would have been perfect if I did not have so many issues with the server. Strange too because ive been told they have other customers on the server and have not seen issues yet when I moved to Eleven2 and EZPZ I did what I did at ThePrimeHost with no issues. This in itself is maddening to me, can't figure it out. Only complaints with EZPZ and Eleven2 so far is the support is not as good as ThePrimeHost.

    ThePrimeHost support is stellar in my books.

    The only other draw back with ThePrimeHost is they don't offer R1Soft backups which is very important I believe.
    Last edited by indifferent; 04-17-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. EZPZ - My Verdict!
    By XTremo in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 10:18 AM
  2. EZPZ Reseller Hosting Account
    By TheChal in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 06:55 AM
  3. Having issues with my Reseller account on EZPZ
    By 5wayshost in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 06:46 AM
  4. EZPZ Hosting :: Free Upgrades on all Reseller Hosting Plans!
    By Dan_EZPZ in forum Reseller Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •