Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My HostRail.com VPS was destroied after their Server Maintenance and with no reply

My HostRail.com VPS was destroied after their Server Maintenance and with no reply

My VPS is at server [eris].

2011-4-12, they sent me a email to tell me that, they would have Server Maintenance, and the VPS will down 3 hours.

And tomorrow morning, I know they finished Server Maintenance from the facebook.

But I found that my VPS was destroied when I login VPS's HyperVM, the system tell me:

1,change Server In Db

2,Backup Home

3,Rebuild

It is to say, there's no my VPS.

So, I think it must be some misstake, so I had a ticket to hostrail.com, But now about 36 hours passed, there's no relpy.

My VPS is still down! And the importance is that, where is my date?

So, I have no idear except post these words on WHT.

What happened? Is there anybody who is hostrail.com's officer can tell me?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you tried calling them? Their number is listed on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by kazila View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you tried calling them? Their number is listed on their website.
    Thanks for suggestion.

But I think email and ticket is better than call, because the email and ticket can record what we say and what we do. It helps to solve the problem.
    Last edited by nacv; 04-14-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Sorry to hear, You should create support ticket and contact via chat to solve this problem.
    Hosting professional

Who could help me,Pleae?

Quote Originally Posted by nacv View Post
    Who could help me,Pleae?
    Only your host... so wait for them to reply. Do you have an offsite backup though?? just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by wat3v3r View Post
    Only your host... so wait for them to reply. Do you have an offsite backup though?? just in case?
    Not just me.

In another web hosting forum, at least 2 IDS said they have similar problem.

Not just me.

I see that web host explained you that there were possible issues. Maybe that takes more then they are expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Madiou View Post
    I see that web host explained you that there were possible issues. Maybe that takes more then they are expecting.
    It must be!

Not just me.

Umm i meant only your host can help you deal with this ... that is only HostRail can solve this really. None of us here can actually help you out really.

Umm i meant only your host can help you deal with this ... that is only HostRail can solve this really. None of us here can actually help you out really.
    I see.

I had have send them a ticket, but there is no reply.

I waited 36 hours.

I was informed about possible downtime so far my site is up and running.
    So you need to check everything on your side. Maybe old cache of your Internet Service Provider.
    I'm fine with Hostrail now and no problem at all.
    Good luck

I see.

I had have send them a ticket, but there is no reply.

I waited 36 hours.
    Guess you just have to wait more then maybe they know of this issue and are currently trying to fix it so they too busy to reply to tickets? Don't know really but if your site's important and you have a backup try looking for a new host?

Guess you just have to wait more then maybe they know of this issue and are currently trying to fix it so they too busy to reply to tickets? Don't know really but if your site's important and you have a backup try looking for a new host?
    Yre right, but helpless, I don't have a backup. And to rebuild a VPS and a website is a hard work.

I just want to know what happened, and wheather it can be fixed or not? And how long will it last.

Yre right, but helpless, I don't have a backup. And to rebuild a VPS and a website is a hard work.

I just want to know what happened, and wheather it can be fixed or not? And how long will it last.
    Lessons learned i'm sure, make sure you always have backups of your data if they is important to you. Only your host can help you at this point that is if they can manage or will recovery anything.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

That is the problem, they are doing an urgent maintenance/improvement to most (if not all) nodes , at the same time, as we have been informed by email hours before it.

Cases from what I see are between :

1- Most clients VPS went down for a short period of time and was back online short after that.

2- Some clients appear to not feel the downtime except for moments.

3- Some like myself, had their VPS feels like corrupted or something (couldn't login to HyperVM) and VPS was constantly down, after the maintenance. So I opened a ticket, and soon they fixed that in few hours, and my VPS is back online, thank god.

But in all cases, you should always have your own backup, even if you really want to save $$$, you must keep a backup in your PC, that is the minimum you MUST have to keep going! otherwise you keep the possibility of losing EVERYTHING you've done and will do, during 24h/day and 365Days/year!

We're in the same boat. One vps broken other so slow that it's basicly impossible to use it.

addition.

I fixed constant issues with HostFail. Cancellation.
    Both VPSes was most of the time useless anyway.

Hello,

Have exactly the same issue as the OP..
    No reply from support for more than 2 days now..

Quote Originally Posted by SerayaHost View Post
    Hello,

What a sad boat.

Quote Originally Posted by SerayaHost View Post
    Hello,

HyperVM is still very very slow to me. VPS RAM is close to full I don't know why. But VPS is up at least until this maintenance ends soon (hopefully). And to be honest, I have only one 4PU plan with discount too, I put a ticket yesterday and they answered within few hours with my VPS working with big apologies for it.

@Spirit: I don't know about your case or what lead to this, but for me I'm using my VPS for both backup and for hosting few domains without any problem or downtime! I tested the CPU even with a project and was impressed with 0.2 Mhz @ 4 cores gave much more speed than I expected, I mean CPU didn't even hit the limit during a heavy experience I had to do on this VPS. I was generally satisfied with having it so far. Thats why so far I hope they finish maintenance soon and get things sorted!

What a sad boat.
    After seeing others as well having problems similar to mine and yours, and seeing that I didn't loose any data, I so much hope you get your VPS back working with your data after maintenance ends, and if that happened try to take it as a lesson for having backup, and I believe you will in any case

Quote Originally Posted by Violetli View Post
    HyperVM is still very very slow to me. VPS RAM is close to full I don't know why. But VPS is up at least until this maintenance ends soon (hopefully). And to be honest, I have only one 4PU plan with discount too, I put a ticket yesterday and they answered within few hours with my VPS working with big apologies for it.

@Spirit: I don't know about your case or what lead to this, but for me I'm using my VPS for both backup and for hosting few domains without any problem or downtime! I tested the CPU even with a project and was impressed with 0.2 Mhz @ 4 cores gave much more speed than I expected, I mean CPU didn't even hit the limit during a heavy experience I had to do on this VPS. I was generally satisfied with having it so far. Thats why so far I hope they finish maintenance soon and get things sorted!
    Answered your ticket quickly, but didn't answer mine.

Interesting, maybe they don't know what to say to me.

That is a part of an email they sent hours ago:

the situation with the vast majority of servers is stabilized. We had some issues with a bad hard drive in atlas.hostrail.com, we have just completed replacing this broken hard drive - there is no data loss as this in our RAID Array.
    So, that doesn't look like your VPS in it, your data should be safe anyway.

Also they recently sent a second email confirming completion of maintenance on many but not all nodes (I discovered that my current node wasn't under maintenance even, so clearly I was migrated with some other VPSs to a temporairly node when I opened a ticket, a node that is not under maintenance)

What I understood is that they are running throughout check on RAID before announcing any server maintenance is finished and it is stabilized. Anyway this is just a quote from their email:

I wanted to confirm via email that the following servers are now considered stable:

telesto.hostrail.com
    tethys.hostrail.com
    dione.hostrail.com
    iapetus.hostrail.com
    rhea.hostrail.com
    venus.hostrail.com
    pan.hostrail.com
    enceladus.hostrail.com
    mimas.hostrail.com
    oberon.hostrail.com
    europa.hostrail.com
    ganymede.hostrail.com